Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-09-2008, 10:36 AM   #1
Rivet Master

OK,

After input from the "East Coast VAC" thead, email and talking to people who have offered to help, the call was made, camping sites on placed on hold and sign up is ready to begin!

Here's the details:

The "East Coast VAC Rally" will be held during the dates of "June 19, 2008-June 23, 2008" which is a Thurs-Monday. The rally will be held at the "KOA" in "Staunton, Virginia". Staunton, Virginia is located off I-81 between I-66 & I-64 in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley.

The "KOA" offers things for the family with kids and the kids at heart. Nestled within a 1½ Miles Horse Shoe Bend of Middle River. SVKOA is the only campground in Virginia with a spectacular Waterfall and four 6-person Indoor Hot Tubs. We offer Free Wi-Fi, River Tubing, Wading and Trout and Bass Fishing in the River as well as Trout and Bass Fishing in our Well-Stocked Lake. We have a Huge Pool and a Kiddie Pool, 18 Hole Mini-Golf, Game Room and Two Playgrounds and Nature Trails.Be greeted by our Tame Bunnies, Squirrels, and Ducks on your way to the Pitstop Cafe for a Pizza. Pitch Horseshoes, play sand Volleyball or cool off under the refreshing Waterfall. On summer nights sing Karaoke (Fridays) and dance to our DJ (Saturdays).

Here's how you need to sign up for the rally. "You need" to call the "campground" and make your own reservations. Let them know you are with the "Airstream" group. Since their sites range in size, we ask those of you that have the smaller trailers (16-21 footers) please let them know (we're trying to save the longer sites for longer trailers).

I have on hold 48 sites that have water/elec ($34-37 a night). They have about 12 more sites that have water/elec/sewer ($39-42 a night) that require a credit card to hold them (I was not going to use my personal credit card to hold these). They also have many other sites at the campgound that can be used.

Shenandoah Valley KOA
296 Riner Ln
Verona, VA 24482
Information: 540-248-2746
Reservations: 800-310-2580
Staunton/Verona - I-81 Exit 227 KOA - Verona Va. (540)-248-2746

I have the 48 campsites are on hold until 30 days before the rally, at that time, "ALL" campsites are released to the general public. The other campsites (water/elec/sewer) can be held by anyone and anytime (general public) by using a credit card. Again, I "do not" have these on hold.

My thought is this, in an "attempt" to please everyone:

Sign up for the rally is open to only "WBCCI" members until "March 1, 2008". On "March 1, 2008" the rally is open to "ALL" Airstream owners .

I do want to make a (personal) offer to all "non-WBCCI" owners out their that have a vintage Airstream trailer (25 yrs or older) that would like to attend. If you have a need/want to use the early "WBCCI" sign-up option, if you sign-up for the WBCCI before "March 1, 2008", "I will pay" the added $20.00 dues to become a member of the "VAC" for the first year! But, you "must" attend the rally and "must" become a "WBCCI" member "prior" to March 1, 2008. At the rally, we will fill out the "VAC" paperwork and send it in with a check from "my checkbook"!!!

I can't do anymore than that!!

I'll send out an agenda later.

Please email me letting me know you have signed up.

balloon@rideair.com
Old 01-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Greeeneville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
Paul, I wanted to attend this rally, but other commitments make this date impossible for me. I hope this rally will be well attended.
visit my restoration blog at:
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:07 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Nice Work, Paul!

Paul,

I love your dedication, generosity and tenacity in supporting not only the WBCCI but the VAC as well.
As the VAC Membership Chair, please let me know what I can do to support you in this effort. I make myself available to you. I hope you get 100 new members (and if you do I will help you fund it myself out of my own pocket).

Quote:
I do want to make a (personal) offer to all "non-WBCCI" owners out their that have a vintage Airstream trailer (25 yrs or older) that would like to attend. If you have a need/want to use the early "WBCCI" sign-up option, if you sign-up for the WBCCI before "March 1, 2008", "I will pay" the added $20.00 dues to become a member of the "VAC" for the first year! But, you "must" attend the rally and "must" become a "WBCCI" member "prior" to March 1, 2008. At the rally, we will fill out the "VAC" paperwork and send it in with a check from "my checkbook"!!!
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:10 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Just learned something

FYI,

When making your call to the campground, be sure to tell them you are with the "JUNE" Airstream group. Oh and by the way, I am hold four full hookup sites at this time. One of them is for myself(so please don't take it) and 3 spots to have as a backup. I have also paid for a site next to the river that is large enough for everyone for campfires at night.

We already have someone signed up!

Any questions, let me know.

Paul
Old 01-09-2008, 06:59 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair
. . .
We already have someone signed up! . . .
Paul
I guess that would be me. It will be my first VAC rally so I'm excited. Thanks Paul for going through with these plans. I'm looking forward to meeting lots of vintage owners and other Airstreamers. This event will be held in one of the most picturesque areas of the country too.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:30 PM   #6
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Paul, I wish I could give you more credit than the karma I sent. You make me proud to be part of your unit and the club as a whole. To offer up the VAC membership just blows my mind. That folks, is what Airstreaming is all about. I will be phoning up the KOA first thing in the morning to put in our reservation. Now if I can just get the floor put back by then we will be set.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:23 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Crestview , Florida
You have made a most generous offer and have certainly put your money where your mouth is.
It's too far out for me to know if we can attend yet but I will pencil this on my calander and start trying to make it a reality. That is a really beautiful part of the country.
Reckin if one looks round hard 'nuff, they mighten just find some bluegrass!
Old 01-10-2008, 04:29 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Thumbs up Rideair, you ROCK!

Quote:
. . . .I do want to make a (personal) offer to all "non-WBCCI" owners out their that have a vintage Airstream trailer (25 yrs or older) that would like to attend. If you have a need/want to use the early "WBCCI" sign-up option, if you sign-up for the WBCCI before "March 1, 2008", "I will pay" the added $20.00 dues to become a member of the "VAC" for the first year! But, you "must" attend the rally and "must" become a "WBCCI" member "prior" to March 1, 2008. At the rally, we will fill out the "VAC" paperwork and send it in with a check from "my checkbook"!!! . . .
I can't believe I missed this when I first read the thread opening. I was so happy to see an East Coast VAC rally on dates I could do that this offer totally blew over me.

Paul, you are remarkable and a credit to the WBCCI and the VAC. Major Karma to you.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #9
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1955 22' Flying Cloud
2021 27' Globetrotter
Gulfport , Mississippi
Quote:
OK,

Here's the details:

The "East Coast VAC Rally" will be held during the dates of "June 19, 2008-June 23, 2008" which is a Thurs-Monday. The rally will be held at the "KOA" in "Staunton, Virginia". Staunton, Virginia is located off I-81 between I-66 & I-64 in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley..

balloon@rideair.com
This sounds like a great event in a perfect part of the country. I'm sure, because of the location, there will be many vintage Airstreams. We don't want to miss it, we'll try make it. Thank you for the information.
WBCCI #9275 TAC #MS-5 AIR #11800
Overlander & Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:58 AM   #10
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
oversea and land, Maybe we could park next to each other, find a 63 for the other side of me and a 60 for next to you.... an overlander line up.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:15 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
This is great, an East Coast VAC event. It's about 600 miles for us from Connecticut. The Bat Cave Express will be there....
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:14 AM   #12
Rivet Master

Quick "FYI"

I have learned since posting the sign up info, the campground is "somewhat" closed. It appears for the winter they are in and out of the office. Which means, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't answer the phone.Most that have tried to call back a couple of times have got through and able to make their resv. Keep trying or do it on line.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:52 PM   #13
IH Collector

1963 16' Bambi
1989 29' Excella
Cumberland , Rhode Island
We're in for the VAC Rally

Hey there Paul,

Just signed up for the rally at the campground. I think we're going to be caravanning down with Nancy and Brian Platt. It will be good to see you all again.

Paul

Quote:
I have learned since posting the sign up info, the campground is "somewhat" closed. It appears for the winter they are in and out of the office. Which means, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't answer the phone.Most that have tried to call back a couple of times have got through and able to make their resv. Keep trying or do it on line.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:45 AM   #14
Rivet Master

You bringing the Travelall

Paul,

Glad to see you guys are going to make! Had a great time with you on the "VAC Wagon Wheels Caravan" down to the International Rally last year in Perry, GA. Are you using the International Travelall this year as a Vintage tow rig? I plan to bring my 1962 Ford Galaxie Conv.. Used it last year for a rally, only 7.5mpg on a 16gal. tank. I had to stop every 65/70 miles and fill back up!! Vintage cars and Airstreams, I've also had someone offer to make breakfast for everyone. It's shaping up to be a good rally.

Can't wait to see you and the girl.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	galaxie-airstream.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	52713  
Old 01-19-2008, 08:53 AM   #15
IH Collector

1963 16' Bambi
1989 29' Excella
Cumberland , Rhode Island
Vintage Tow Rig

Hey Paul,

Presently working on the Metro, I hope to have ready for the spring. If not, I'll be bringing the Travelall.

This is what the Metro is looking like these days. The shape is very much like an Airstream Bambi, maybe a silver paint job...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	metro-1.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	52715  
Old 01-19-2008, 09:23 AM   #16
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Paul-

What a wonderful job you have done putting this all together. And an awsome jesture to pay for the first year VAC membership to those who need it! Right now it doesn't look like this one will fit into our schedule for 2008. If anything changes we will let you know right away! Great job and thank you for all your hard work and dedication to VAC!

Rick
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:54 AM   #17
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH Collector
Hey Paul,

Presently working on the Metro, I hope to have ready for the spring. If not, I'll be bringing the Travelall.

This is what the Metro is looking like these days. The shape is very much like an Airstream Bambi, maybe a silver paint job...
Wow Paul! That is cool looking. And it will be even "cooler" with your Bambi in tow! Is that an actual photo of what it looked like when you picked it up? What condition is it in and how much work do you have to do before it is Airstream-towable?

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:57 AM   #18
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH Collector
Hey there Paul,

Just signed up for the rally at the campground...
Excellent news! We are thinking it might make sense to meet at the Danbury, CT rest area on Wednesday night to get an early start on Thursday morning. The drive time to VA from Danbury is about 450 miles (about 7.5 hrs). How much driving can you guys (and your tow vehicle) handle in a day?

Old 01-19-2008, 10:02 AM   #19
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Thumbs up

I'm signed up too! When I signed up last Wednesday, the campground indicated I got the last full hook-up site. It's exciting to see such a great turn out already for a first time East coast VAC event that was only just advertised a week ago!

Old 01-19-2008, 10:38 AM   #20
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
We just signed up too!

I think... the web site says 4 of 4 - as I can't get ahold of the campground office since they are closed for the weekend. I hope it took my reservation. Really looking forward to this Paul - and we'll be towing with our 59 Buick towing the 58 Sovereign of the Road. It's gonna be a GOOD one!

Rob
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote