Old 03-02-2008, 06:04 PM   #99
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
We went ahead and booked a site. It backs up to the middle river, we thought this would be great fro the kids and us. I love listening to the water babbling by. We will be there from the Sunday before all week until the next Monday. We are looking forward to this trip, we have not visited this part of the country yet. See y'all there.

I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
Heinlein
mrmossyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:47 PM   #100
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I think if you call the campground they will be able to put you near the group... Make sure to check out Skyler Va. that is where they shot the Waltons and it has homespun museum. The drive is through some very beautiful country. There is also a legal moonshine still somewhere close by that is fun to visit and sample the fresh corn whiskey... mine is better, but it is good there and legal to buy. The Frontier Farm museum in Staunton is very fun too for both adults and kids. I think this will be one of the best rallies of the coming year... we sure look forward to it.

Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:18 AM   #101
Rivet Master

We will be there with our then, 6 1/2 yrs daughter. The KOA has a pool, playground, river, etc... up the road a piece, there's a "indoor/outdoor" water park The Massanutten WaterPark

An order for t-shirts has been placed. On this order, I did not put in for kids t-shirts, I have no trouble doing so, just want to make sure I don't over order. If you have kids and want a t-shirt for them, please email me at balloon@rideair.com telling me the number, size and color (black or white) that you want.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:51 AM   #102
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Kids

We are gonna be there with our kids too! Frank already mentioned us, but they will be 7, 5 and 1 year old at the time of the Rally. The more kids, the merrier. Kids and camping is what it is all about. Only 3.5 months to this event - exciting!
http://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - http://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:36 AM   #103
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
We will also be bringing our children,
Hannah-10
D.J.-7
Rebekah-2

Hannah and D.J. would be thrilled if anyone is interested in being a penpal. That way they could get to know some kids before the rally. If anyone is interested just pm a message to me and I will have them reply. My kids love nothing more than talking about camping and Airstreams!!!

It sounds like they will have almost as much fun as the adults!
Old 03-07-2008, 06:51 AM   #104
Rivet Master

Filling up!!

Just a FYI, I checked with the campground this week, we are over 1/2 full for the rally!! Not bad being the campground was closed for a couple months during the sign up period. So, whats this mean, if you are thinking of joining us, better start thinking of signing up soon.

Also, the seminars are starting to line up, t-shirts are being made, hand outs are being had by "Inland RV" (I'm going to work with others too), it's really starting to shape up.

Hope to see you guys there.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:45 PM   #105
Rivet Master

It's looking GOOD!!

Everyone,

Just want to let you know the plans for the East Coast Vintage Rally are coming along very well. We've had many people sign up the last couple weeks, the T-shirts are in house (THANKS SHACKSMAN), orders are being placed for things that will be used during the seminars. I will need some help from some of you guys/gals to put on the seminars, along with other things. If possible, I'd like to have a couple seminars each day (Sat/Sun) that people can see/do/choose from. If you would like to help put on one of the seminars, please let me know.

We are also working on stuff for the kids (good for me my wife is a school teacher, preschool, K, 1st). I will need someone to help with the older kids there 10-15yrs range.

Spaces are filling up, if you are thinking of joining us, DO NOT WAIT until the last minute, I'd hate to see you not get in.

I'm also working on a few surprises that will make it one to remember!

Hope to see you there!
Old 04-15-2008, 08:36 AM   #106
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
I'm in for this. Some of y'all are very persuasive.

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:59 PM   #107
Rivet Master

I think you along with many other that were at the WDCU Cherry Blossom Rally have decided to be at the rally. I guess we all have our own reason for coming to the rally, as I'm sure you know Skater
Old 04-15-2008, 01:51 PM   #108
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair
I think you along with many other that were at the WDCU Cherry Blossom Rally have decided to be at the rally. I guess we all have our own reason for coming to the rally, as I'm sure you know Skater
I don't know what you're talking about!

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:10 PM   #109
Fred n' Erma

2003 30' Classic
Hagerstown , Maryland
My Sweet Pea and I are pretty much newbies, but are anxious to jump in. We don't have a vintage AS but we're in the neighborhood (Hagerstownn MD) and are thinking we'd like like to come. We've got an '03 Clacssic - what do you think??
Old 04-17-2008, 07:49 PM   #110
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Cat
My Sweet Pea and I are pretty much newbies, but are anxious to jump in. We don't have a vintage AS but we're in the neighborhood (Hagerstownn MD) and are thinking we'd like like to come. We've got an '03 Clacssic - what do you think??
If yer interested in checking it out go ahead and sign up as times a waistin'. there will be other newer classic(s) in attendance. you should find the rally is good clean fun with a little moonshine thrown in to mix it up a bit.

fun take away from cherry blossom was meeting a couple from the pittsburgh area that bought a new classic a couple of years ago and now own four vintage rigs in addition. to add...the newer rig is for sale.

by the end of the weekend you'll know if you've been bitten by the vintage bug. it's all good either way.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:54 PM   #111
Fred n' Erma

2003 30' Classic
Hagerstown , Maryland
Old 04-17-2008, 07:55 PM   #112
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Cat
I think you should join us by all means. This will be an excellent rally in an excellent venue. It might be a vintage rally, but as long as you are in aluminum no one will care. Please check out the WDCU web site, we would love to have you join us, but only if you know how to have fun... Airstream club vintage trailer WDCU WBCCI region 2 Unit 170

Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote