Old 06-23-2008, 07:53 PM   #225
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
We finally make it home after our side trip to Jackson Center!!! Thanks to all the hard working people who put on a great rally for us to relax and enjoy. I almost feel guilty!! I'm glad Skater and Sugerfoot took such great pictures because I didn't take a single one. I really enjoyed myself and the kids didn't want to leave! It is also great to meet the people behind the screen names. Can't wait until the next time we meet up again.

Rhonda
AKA Rhonda

Old 06-23-2008, 10:48 PM   #226
Fred n' Erma

2003 30' Classic
Hagerstown , Maryland
Paul and Mary Kim, we were genuinely made to feel welcome and at home during our first rally. Enough so that we became International AND DC members in one fell swoop while there. I so enjoy the vintage Airstreams that even though we own a 2003 Classic I will want to attend Vintage rallies sometimes too. Heck, I'd go Airstream rallying every other weekend if I could. I love the people, the cool accommodations and the common bond aspect. So, to all those attending the Verona VAC Rally, sincere thanks for your hospitality during the Saturday open house and throughout the entire weekend. We hope to see each and every one of you "down the road" in the near future!
God bless you in your travels. Hunt and Peg Hardinge aka Tomcat

Old 06-24-2008, 04:39 PM   #227
Rivet Master

"Thank You" for your support!

Everyone,

Based on the feedback so far from everyone at the rally and here on the forums, there is no doubt the “East Coast VAC Rally” was a success! There was something at the rally for the young (Duck Races, Pool, Playground, Arts-Crafts, etc…) the group that wanted to learn something (Axle swaps, wheel bearings, adding vintage AC, Airstream History), those that wanted to relax (waterfalls, tub floats, campfires) and those that wanted to party late into the night (you know who you are). We had 40 trailers join us over the five day rally with 17 rigs staying over on Sunday night. It was a bunch of work to make the rally a success, but understand, that could not have been done without the help of many members in the group (you know who you are and we owe you big time).

We need to remember the greatest thing that happened over the weekend. We as the Vintage Airstream Club came together to raise $350.00 for the “KOA Care Camps for Kids” this organization allows kids with cancer the chance to have the same fun we had at the rally. There was no better sight at the rally than seeing Donald and Virginia handing the check over to Marge at the KOA and making that donation.

It was a bunch of fun taking everyone’s picture under the “Welcome To… BYAMVILLE” sign and giving them a black/white framed copy to take home with them. An identical banner flew at the very first “WBCCI International Rally” were everyone got their picture taken that attended the rally.

I do want to send special thanks out to my wife of 12 years “MaryKim”. She supported me throughout the many months of planning for this event. I can honestly say, I really enjoyed being your “Region 2 VAC Guy” over the past year and had a bunch of fun planning and hosting the “East Coast VAC Rally”. I hope next year the Region 2 VAC person has as much fun as I did. Let’s hope this rally acts as a springboard for many into the future.

Until Next Time,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KOA-Care-Camps.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	403.0 KB
ID:	62812  
Old 06-25-2008, 06:25 PM   #228
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
What's this about next years VAC guy? Your it untill !!!!!
98 Safari
1950 Spartan
1966 Globetrotter
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:12 PM   #229
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Maybe the East Coast VAC reps from Regions 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 could pull off a super regional East Coast VAC Rally. I personally did not see this as a WDCU rally or Region 2 VAC rally but an "East Coast Vac Rally". We made it home fine and I'm mostly recovered from the woods of Virginia and what ever bug got me. We stayed overnight on Skyline Drive Mathew Arms CG for $15 Monday. Took in the Harper Ferry NP Tuesday and camped near Kutztown Pa.

We are glad we came down and hope that this can become a growing annual event.

Thanks to all
Old 06-25-2008, 08:16 PM   #230
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
I took my Byamville picture into work. My boss looked at it and couldn't believe it was taken over the weekend. She said, "But that's an old car...and an old camper!"

Did anyone get a picture of Paul giving the guy in the next camper the T-shirt? I'm pretty sure we had him convinced he should've bought an Airstream by the end of the weekend!

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:46 AM   #231
Rivet Master

Over59 you are correct!

Over59,

This rally was never meant to be a WDCU or a Region 2 event. That was one of the reason for the name. I was hoping by using the name "East Coast VAC Rally" people would look at it as more of a area national rally than a local Region rally. I want to say, we had trailers from states within the Regions of 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 at the rally. Though some may or may not agree, the location lends its self well to pull people from pretty much East of the Mississippi. I can tell you this, the campground would love to have us back next year. The question is, "Do you have it at the same location?" or "Do you move it to another?" A location I thought about would be the "Harpers Ferry, WV" KOA, lots of good stuff near by.

I think you are correct, if worked, this could become a great East Coast event for the VAC.

Glad you came down to join us, had a great time meeting you. Hope to see you next year!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:10 AM   #232
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
Over59,

This rally was never meant to be a WDCU or a Region 2 event. That was one of the reason for the name. I was hoping by using the name "East Coast VAC Rally" people would look at it as more of a area national rally than a local Region rally. I want to say, we had trailers from states within the Regions of 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 at the rally. Though some may or may not agree, the location lends its self well to pull people from pretty much East of the Mississippi. I can tell you this, the campground would love to have us back next year. The question is, "Do you have it at the same location?" or "Do you move it to another?" A location I thought about would be the "Harpers Ferry, WV" KOA, lots of good stuff near by.

I think you are correct, if worked, this could become a great East Coast event for the VAC.

Glad you came down to join us, had a great time meeting you. Hope to see you next year!

And indeed I saw it as inclusive, everyone played well together. We found HF very cool but did not see the campground. The Gettysburg KOA looks to be in the woods. Seemed like alot of work for one couple.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:17 AM   #233
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
1968 30' Sovereign
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Mosheim , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
Paul, The location was great. I drrove 280 miles, and I know others drove much further. A poll could be taken to change locations for next year, or to keep the same location as this rally. No matter where, I'll try to attend. This was one of the best rallies I have attended.
visit my restoration blog at:
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:34 PM   #234
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
To All: This was our first Rally. It was SUPER. Paul, MaryKim,(daughter) Virginia I know did a lot of work...in additional to many others. Daughter Virginia is my favorite.

PERFECT. The photos covered all. No one or any event was missed. Excellent photo coverage. Memories were made.

Could go on and describe the 2008 East Coast Rally. We are looking forward to many more...and next time I plan to bring a Guest Book. Regards, Aria
Old 06-26-2008, 05:32 PM   #235
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Our "family" photos

Just in case anyone has missed it, here is the thread with the link to East Coast VAC rally photo album that contains photos from several sources. Many thanks to Dave (Pfredd) for putting this together for us.

• • • Aluminocentricity • • •
Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:34 AM   #236
Rivet Master

T-shirts

Everyone,

I have been informed by the T-shirt company they have 25 extra t-shirts and would like to sell them to those that may not have gotten one or would like a different color. I think they have green ones. Below is their contact information. Ask to speak to Ryan. My understanding, he will be listing them on eBay as well. I was told the cost would be $12.50 a shirt. These t-shirts did not make it to the rally in time.

sales1@mahlerapparel.com
519-301-5503

FYI,
I, the VAC, the WBCCI or the "East Coast VAC Rally", has "NOTHING" to do with the sales of these T-shirts no will benefit for the sale of them! Just trying to help someone get rid of some extras that someone my want.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:43 AM   #237
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1977 31' Sovereign
1977 Argosy 24
Cincinnati , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
Over59,

This rally was never meant to be a WDCU or a Region 2 event. That was one of the reason for the name. I was hoping by using the name "East Coast VAC Rally" people would look at it as more of a area national rally than a local Region rally.
I was talking to some new folks at the rally, who were not yet WBCCI members. I was trying to explain the concept of a "local" unit and how it did not HAVE to be where they physically lived.

They had a hard time understanding that ANY WBCCI can attend ANY WBCCI rally, whether or not it was a local or regional rally.

Your idea was a good one Paul. People weren't turned off because it wasn't in their unit or region and we ended up getting a lot of new folks.

I say that we hold one every year. I wish whomever the Region 4 VAC rep is would chime in and ask for help to put one near where I live...

Dave
Old 06-27-2008, 12:21 PM   #238
4 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Kenton , Ohio
Dave,
I believe that is Kirk Taylor in Wapakoneta.
Tom