--------------------------------------------------------
digger bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:56 AM   #198
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarfoot View Post
Oh yes, and the WiFi works very well here, but the cell signal doesn't . . .
What an age we live in!

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:19 PM   #199
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over59 View Post
and be ready to go at ........ 4am.
If you're thinking about making a mad dash over the GWB you'll need to leave at 2am.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:34 PM   #200
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by byamcaravanner View Post
Due to unusual circumstances, Frank (62Overlander) may be unable to attend the East coast Vintage rally this weekend.

See this News 19 Story for details.

Apparently he is still able to post to the forum though.

We're pulling for ya Frank! Hang in there!
Steve,
This has to be the funniest clip I have ever watched... I only wish I could see Franks face when he sees this for the first time!!! If he had Rum and coke you could not get him off of the ride...but watch out below>>>
Hensley Hitch
vajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:48 PM   #201
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by vajeep View Post
Steve,
This has to be the funniest clip I have ever watched... I only wish I could see Franks face when he sees this for the first time!!! If he had Rum and coke you could not get him off of the ride...but watch out below>>>
Ha! I love it. Now we must hear his response...
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:04 PM   #202
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by utee94 View Post
Ha! I love it. Now we must hear his response...
He hasn't posted in a while... maybe his phone is now laying in the parking lot with his pocket change and carnival toys.
http://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:32 PM   #203
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Just arrived!

Love it Steve... Poor old Frank....
http://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - http://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:16 PM   #204
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
that was so funny I almost peed myself... wish I could say more but we want to leave early and the thermocoupler on my Dometic went up today. Need to find out how to detour to camping world so we can get the old girl working again. See yall at the rally....
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:35 PM   #205
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Maybe the taser was it Steve?

If not the fridge, maybe it was Frank's taser esisode he experienced earlier today as to why he's not here at the rally yet.

Pocket Taser Stun Gun, a great gift for the wife. Frank, who just today purchased his lovely wife Beth, a pocket Taser because shes been so nice letting him buy all these Airstream parts and supplies sent this to me earlier today:

Today while out looking for that special Vintage accent for the interior of my Airstream, I saw something at Larry's Pistol & Pawn Shop that sparked my interest. The occasion was was nothing special but I was looking for a little something extra for my wife Beth because of all she has to deal with between me and Anna. What I came across was a 100,000-volt, pocket/purse-sized taser. The effects of the taser were supposed to be short lived, with no long-term adverse affect on your assailant, allowing her adequate time to retreat to the Airstream at the rallies....or perhaps to use in downtown Baltimore or DC??

WAY TOO COOL! Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home. I loaded two AAA batteries in the darn thing and pushed the button. Nothing! I was disappointed. I learned, however, that if I pushed the button AND pressed it against a metal surface at the same time I'd get the blue arc of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs. AWESOME!!! Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to Beth what that burn spot is on the face of her new microwave.

Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn't be all that bad with only two triple-A batteries, right?
There I sat on the Gaucho in Anna, my dog Cash looking on intently (trusting little soul) while I was reading the directions and thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target. I must admit I thought about zapping Cash (for a fraction of a second) and thought better of it. He is such a good dog. But, if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I did want some assurance that it would work as advertised. Am I wrong?

So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a tank top with my reading glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, and taser in another. The directions said that a one-second burst would shock and disorient your assailant; a two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a major loss of bodily control; a three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water. Any burst longer than three seconds would be wasting the batteries. All the while I'm looking at this little device measuring about 5 long, less than 3/4 inch in circumference; pretty cute really and (loaded with two itsy, bitsy triple-A batteries) thinking to myself, 'no possible way!' What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best...?

I'm sitting there alone, Cash looking on with his head cocked to one side as to say, 'don't do it dipshit,' reasoning that a one second burst from such a tiny little ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad. I decided to give myself a one second burst just for heck of it. I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and . . . HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION . . . WHAT THE HELL!!!

I'm pretty sure Jessie Ventura ran in through the Airstream door, picked me up in the Gaucho, then body slammed us both on the floor, over and over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire, testicles nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position, and tingling in my legs?
The dog was making the weird barking sounds I had never heard before, trying to stand on the the mid twins, obviously in an attempt to avoid getting slammed by my body flopping all over the front of the trailer.

Note: If you ever feel compelled to 'mug' yourself with a taser, one note of caution: there is no such thing as a one second burst when you zap yourself! You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor. A three second burst would be considered conservative? SON-OF-A-BITCH, THAT HURT LIKE HELL!!!

A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at that point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape. My bent reading glasses were on the shelves above the Gaucho. The Gaucho was upside down and in the middle of the trailer. My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching. My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs. I had no control over the drooling. Apparently I **** myself, but was too numb to know for sure and my sense of smell was gone. I saw a faint smoke cloud above my head which I believe was came from my hair its a little shorter now. I'm still looking for my nuts and I'm offering a significant reward for their safe return!!

P. S. Beth loved the gift, and now regularly threatens me with it if I am spending too much time with Anna!

http://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - http://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:49 PM   #206
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
I challenge anyone to be able to read that all the way and keep a straight face. Don't think it can be done.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:01 PM   #207
4 Rivet Member

1969 25' Tradewind
1971 18' Caravel
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Thumbs up

Thanks Rob, That is priceless!!!

Tom
Old 06-18-2008, 10:01 PM   #208
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
reservation available

Frank that story is histerical!!!!! hope you're feeling better by now. i will miss you this weekend bro.

Sadly work is getting in the way of me making it to this Rally. Does anyone want to take my reservation for the same price I have paid the CG? send me a PM if interested. note that i will have limited access to the web all day thursday (6/19) - i can be reached during the day at 201-679-4164.

--dave
Old 06-19-2008, 06:53 AM   #209
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe View Post
If not the fridge, maybe it was Frank's taser episode he experienced earlier today as to why he's not here at the rally yet.
I think Frank is not telling us that this is how he broke the fridge. LOL!!!!

Of course, we all know that the first thing Frank did when he opened the taser box was to throw out the page with the cautionary warnings.
http://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:12 AM   #210
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe View Post
I'm still looking for my nuts and I'm offering a significant reward for their safe return!!
Can you describe them?