Old 06-02-2008, 03:41 PM   #169
Certifiable

. , .
The excitement around our household is truly palpable now. 17 more days!!

The moment school is done we are =flying down. (At the speed limit, of course )

mrs. blue will have her trusty guitar and sing a few and I'll be busy researching some margarita recipes with y'all if that's OK.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:46 PM   #170
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue
mrs. blue will have her trusty guitar and sing a few and I'll be busy researching some margarita recipes with y'all if that's OK.
Will Mr Blue break out the trombone as well? great hanging with you this past weekend at crawfish fest.

--dave

Old 06-02-2008, 03:55 PM   #171
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by munimula
Will Mr Blue break out the trombone as well? great hanging with you this past weekend at crawfish fest.

--dave
I'd like to see that too. That was the best three trailer rally I ever attended, you guys were a ton of fun. Thank you for sharing your weekend with us. But it will soon be upon us that we can rally together again. YIPPEEE.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:07 PM   #172
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by munimula

--dave
Ha! No way!!!

Those guys (Bonerama) were unbelieveable. I am absolutely convinced that the little skinny dude is the second coming of Jimi Hendricks. Convinced!! No one else can play Led Zeppelin like that on a slide trombone.

The pleasure was all ours amigo. You coming down to the 1st Annual East Coast VAC Rally?
Old 06-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #173
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander
I'd like to see that too. That was the best three trailer rally I ever attended, you guys were a ton of fun. Thank you for sharing your weekend with us. But it will soon be upon us that we can rally together again. YIPPEEE.
We gotta do it again next year too! Maybe munimula can get the organizers to push it back a few weeks so we can hold the 2nd Annual East Coast VAC Rally there when the kids get out of school.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:16 PM   #174
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I think when you go to Staunton , you will want it there every year. It is a beautiful part of the country. I will look forward to plenty of visits to the party pump.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:23 PM   #175
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue
...I'll be busy researching some margarita recipes with y'all if that's OK.
Well, if we HAVE to test Margaritas... so be it! But I promise I would only be doing it for the good of humanity and only enjoying it a little bit!

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:40 PM   #176
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skater
Well, if we HAVE to test Margaritas... so be it! But I promise I would only be doing it for the good of humanity and only enjoying it a little bit!
I might be wrong, but a margarita contest is a multi night challenge. It is one thing to make a good one once, but consistancy through out the weekend can be the ticket.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:56 PM   #177
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
I beleive that if you can manufacture a great margarita, than you can make a killer blody marry!! Goes great with eggs and the pain.....

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:40 PM   #178
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Looking like a throw down to me. I'm only allow two of mine since I start seeing stuff that isn't necessarily there, or so they say. Price of limes sucks eggs.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:41 PM   #179
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
don, i'm guessing the bones are the recording you want from the fest? send me a pm with your mailing addy and i'll get it out to you.

frank, we got the plug pulled on us for railroad earth. please send your friend my apologies. i will mail you the Lee Boys - they put some funky church into their sun am scorching set. how was your trip back?

i'm looking forward to hooking up with you guys again at the east coast vac rally.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:23 AM   #180
Rivet Master

Thinking ahead

Glad to see you guys are thinking ahead to next year already! I will say it's nice to see people are already thinking about the "East Coast VAC Rally 2009" and we have not even started the 2008 yet. I'm sure that topic will be knocked around durning the weekend.

I must admit, I have thought about it and have a few ideas, but we'll see how it goes. Of course, my role next year will all depend if the VAC powers (officers) want me back, if the Region 2 VAC membership will have me and if someone else does not want to take on the role(would never want to hold back someone from being active in the club). But if/when/where is something to start thinking about because finding a place for 40/50+ trailers (depending on how this year goes, could be many more) can get tuff depending on the level of service you want and the $$ you are willing to pay. I have a feeling, around late June/July 2008 a thread will be started about this very subject.

Getting back to the 2008 rally, it appears people are still signing up with the campground. I got an email tonight from a person that does not even have a trailer letting me know they will be staying on a tent site and another from some folks that have a 61 Bambi wanting to join us and they will be calling the KOA in the morning.

Based on the past couple of post, it appears some are ready to have a goodtime, relax and have some fun.

Glad to see everyone is looking forward to the rally, again, it's you gays/gals that make the rally fun! Everyone please drive save and careful on your way to and from the rally. You can't enjoy the rally if you don't get there. I always say, travel the Wally Byam way:

"Drive slowly, appear quickly"

Old 06-11-2008, 10:09 AM   #181
Rivet Master

Quick Update

Quick update,

Just wanted to let everyone know the goings on for the “East Coast VAC Rally 2008” are coming along nicely. Over the past couple of days, boxes from the “Oriental Trading Company” has shown up on the doorstep with over 100 “Rubber Ducks” saying they are ready for a race. This “Duck Race” will give the VAC a chance to give a donation to some of the people that need it the most, “KOA Kids with Cancer”. Each duck will be sold for a $1.00 and all money will be given to that charity. There will also be “Palm Tree” coolers placed throughout our area with drinks for everyone. My wife has been getting all the stuff ready for the kids, Sand-Art, picture frame painting, pull-string bags (can be painted), games, etc…. We will take a group photo of the kids that they can then place in their painted frame to take home with them.

My wife and I went to the “Everything is a Dollar” store over the weekend looking for a few things. Each trailer will get a nice bag of $1.00 goodies when they show up, along with their picture taken under the “Welcome To… BYAMVILLE” sign (Thanks Shacksman) in a picture frame. I’ve also ordered “Can Koozies” with the rally logo. They told me the box should be on my doorstep this Friday. Each trailer will get two in their welcome bag. We will have extras to sell if you want a few extras along with some T-shirts also with the rally logo. The local tourist information center said they will have packets ready for us as well.

If there’s anything you guys think I have missed, PLEASE let me know! I want to make sure everyone gets the info they need in order to have a goodtime. Oh, almost forgot. I’ve been told there’s a good chance the local newspaper will be coming out. I’ve suggest to them during the open house.

I think if by the end of Monday we have helped kids with cancer, given the kids camping with us a weekend to remember as a child, a chance for the adults to learn something about their trailers and have a nice relaxing weekend with the family, I think we could all say it was a success!

Now, everyone pray for good weather!
Old 06-12-2008, 06:32 PM   #182
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
. . . Now, everyone pray for good weather!
AMEN!

Paul, you've been busy. It sounds like this will be a rally to remember.

• • • Aluminocentricity • • •
Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote