Old 05-19-2005, 03:54 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
Provincetown is about an hour and thirty minutes away, depending on traffic. Our house to Eastham is exactly 50 miles. (So just across the bridge to the end of the arm) Love the fish place at Mo beach. We go to the shack there for dinner frequently. It is one of the few places with an actual view of the water and you get to bring your own beverages. woohoo

On another note, we are new to the rally thing. If we stop in to see people, do we need to pay/sign up for the rally?

1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 05:33 PM   #16
Pam
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
1968 24' Tradewind
Northborough , Massachusetts
We'd all love to have you come by. A quick note about the rendezvous. If you are visiting, you don't need to sign up if you are not camping. On Friday night we are doing a potluck dinner, KeyWest/Caribbean theme, not official part of the rally. Look for us, we'll all be sporting Flamingo wear. Saturday is a "group grill", everyone brings there own food and stuff to dine together(this is part of the hosts rendezvous). There's an ice cream social afterwards. If you are coming Saturday, in you might want to call the hosts just to let them know you'd like to stop by for a visit and will be participating in the happy hour and/or dinner. There's purchasing lobsters for Saturday night (not an official either), and that you'd need to sign up with Yukionnia. You can check the New England Unit newsletter, The Yankee Quipper for the hosts information. Hope that helps.

Old 05-20-2005, 04:55 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M CAPECOD
Hey Elaine,
We're planning on being there and I'm thinking about bringing my famous Key Lime Pies. The taste will bring you back to the little Key Lime Shop down by the docks of Key West. Let me know if that'll do. It'll be good to see you again.
Mary

Key Lime Pie sounds great!!! Looking forward to getting together again.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:09 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
So what is "officially" part of the Rally? I am now confused.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:20 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1961 22' Safari
Vienna , Virginia
Scusset...brings back high school memories...that's the beach just past Sagamore, right? We used to go cruising on the beaches up to no good (called it the cape escape, even though we lived fairly close nearby), in "the day." Have a great time, watch out for the cops!

You must continue the tradition--have a clambake (dig big hole, burn a campfire with stones, throw in seaweed, followed by lobsters, quahogs, chicken, flounder, whatever, then cover with more seaweed and sand--Start drinking beer---after a couple hours of fun, dig up and eat food). Yum! Wish I had the proximity, working trailer and time to join in!

Mary
Old 05-20-2005, 07:25 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam
Look for us, we'll all be sporting Flamingo wear.
Please pardon me for being hopelessly naive about these things, but what is Flamingo wear?

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 08:07 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over59
So what is "officially" part of the Rally? I am now confused.
It's a "rendevous" which means there are no "official" planned activities. The hosts of a rendevous are just responsible for procuring the site. Everything else is unplanned. So, it seems like some people are making "plans" such as me planning lobster for Sat nite (for those interested) or Pam/Elaine are making "plans" for a flamingo/caribbean nite on Friday nite. So you can "plan" to join us or make your own "plans".

Hope that makes sense.

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 06:44 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukionna
It's a "rendevous" which means there are no "official" planned activities. The hosts of a rendevous are just responsible for procuring the site. Everything else is unplanned. So, it seems like some people are making "plans" such as me planning lobster for Sat nite (for those interested) or Pam/Elaine are making "plans" for a flamingo/caribbean nite on Friday nite. So you can "plan" to join us or make your own "plans".

Hope that makes sense.

Sorry. I was confused with the one on Memorial Weekend because of the BBQ Night.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:23 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
Cape Cod , USA
Flamingo Wear 'What to Wear'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
Please pardon me for being hopelessly naive about these things, but what is Flamingo wear? -J
I would think anything hot pink and lime green would do But if you want to go all out, I did see Flamingo capris and sun dresses at J Crew.
WBCCI #9204, Region 1, 1st VP NEU
TAC #MA-4
M&M CAPECOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 10:46 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
There are some really nice tropical shirts in LL Bean too. I guess tacky tourist is the in thing right now.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:55 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
I found the perfect shirt at the grocery store of all places. Hot pink, red and white hybiscus flower print. My husband was instantly scared and appalled that I might at sometime where that out in public. Because of his reaction I knew it would be perfect shirt for the flamingo party.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:42 AM   #26
Past Prez.NEU/Membership

2005 34' Classic
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
N Smithfield , Rhode Island
Friday events

We might stop over Friday evening, I have to work Saturday & Sunday. Does anyone have the schedule yet for Friday events? We will stop by after T gets out of work.

Gail
2004 Yukon Denali
, 2016 GMC 2500 Denali-Duramax Diesel
WBCCI #2905-NEU

AirHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 09:52 AM   #27
Pam
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
1968 24' Tradewind
Northborough , Massachusetts
Flamingo Night!

I would suggest that we do "happy hour and appetizers" around 4:30 and then dinner around 6:30 or 7. Anyone else want to suggest a time? I am not great on definite schedules and this is loosely, what I think we might want to target. We'd love to have you stop in...
Old 05-31-2005, 10:21 AM   #28
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titu & Gail Ahmed
We might stop over Friday evening, I have to work Saturday & Sunday. Does anyone have the schedule yet for Friday events? We will stop by after T gets out of work.

Gail
Just a reminder, this event is a "rendevous" which means the hosts are not planning any activities; hence there won't be an "official" rally schedule like the one I created for the Seaside rally.

As Pam indicated in her post, some of us are planning our own activities such as a flamingo/caribbean night on Friday night and a boiled lobster dinner on Saturday night. And, of course, everyone is invited to attend those activities!

For the Saturday night lobster dinner, I just need to know by Friday night, how many lobsters you want and I will take care of picking them up -- and they will be already boiled (within 5 minutes of picking them up). The average size of the lobster will be 1 1/2 pounds. You will need to supply your own butter and anything else you want to have with the lobster. We be shooting to pick up the lobsters sometime between 5:30 - 6:30 on Saturday night. The price per lobster will be simply the total price divided by the number of lobsters.

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote