Old 10-18-2004, 07:45 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1982 28' Airstream 280
St. Matthews , South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Snadi Send a message via Yahoo to Snadi
Thumbs up SC State Rally !! WOW !! What a rally

What a fantastic rally. I want to personally thank Mark and Amy Grogan and all their helpers for the best rally I have been to yet! You really out did yourselves!!! The meals, the entertainment, the site, the company, it was all just great. We are really looking forward to next year and were delighted to hear ya'll will be heading it up again. Next year I am sure will be even better. Thanks again for a great time!

And by the way, my little dog Quibble won the costume contest and I was very proud of her. She makes a great little "airstreamer"!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-007S.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	9164   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-011S.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	9165  

Sandi Marshall
1982 Turbo Diesel 280 Motorhome!
WBCCI # 9316
Member SC Coastal Unit 150 and Friend of Chuck
Snadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 08:10 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member
Exclamation It is my attention..........

First of all I would like to Thank each and everyone who came to the South Carolina State Rally '2004. We worked very hard in trying to make this a great Rally for everyone.
Amy and myself did sign up to host the rally for next year, but it has came to our attention through a club member of the SCCU that we made their club look bad. My wife's father was taken to the hospital on Sunday night late and we were there all day today. So, I could not be back to the camp ground today to finish up a few things. I got a call on my cell phone( which was off in the hospital) this was what it says:
You make our club look bad, you were not over to do the things you said you were to do.etc., etc.

First of all people in this club jump the gun to quick!

I think in my opinion that this was a great rally and if the club works out some things we might do the Rally in '2005.

Once again we are very sorry if we made the SCCU look bad!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marcus G. Grogan #29206:
grogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 08:46 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member
From the White's 1921... The Grogan's went above and beyond what it takes to be a
GOOD member of the SCCU 150 and make us extremely proud of them. You truly made our organization shine this past weekend and we are very grateful for all your hard work and dedication. Thank You Mark, Amy, and Courtney!!!!!

As for the people who jumped the gun to critisize prematurely, ranging from the campground manager to certain members of the SCCU 150 unit, it is unfortunate that they did so with out all the facts. Isn't that right Arleigh.

Mark and Amy we support you 100%. Thank you again for a job WELL DONE!!!
Fim White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 06:30 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member
pinopolis , South Carolina
I want to say a BIG THANKS to th Grogans for the great week end we had . To Courtney I want you on my team! Your a hard worker and a great dancer.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 05:42 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member
2015 28' Flying Cloud
Ladson , South Carolina
Red face

Hey Grogans,
I just read the thread about our SC state rally. How could ANYONE complain about such a fastastic 5 days. Caravans, tours, games, great catered meals, and professional entertainment - you did it all. Where were these people that complained when it was time to vacuum, set tables, wash dishes, or do other kitchen chores? I guess they had more time on their hands to find to fault in all your hard work.
My husband and I had a wonderful time and already are looking forward to next year. Thanks for all your time and effort.
Kathy Narowski
SC Coastal Unit
Safari Streamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 06:13 AM   #6
Still Working
1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina

It was a fantastic week with much to do.
I am so looking forward to next years event.

I cant help but think we will get some pointers from the "peanut gallery" next year since there are some that are much more well versed in Rally Do's and Dont's

Did any of those folks sign up for cleanup detail next year?

smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 10:50 AM   #7
Sounds like a great rally. Did anyone take any photo's that they would care to post?