Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2002, 06:22 AM   #1
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Region 9 Computer Rally

I'll be teaching basic and intermediate Microsoft Word and web browsing at the Region 9 Computer Rally, Feb Feb. 23rd thru Feb. 28th, 2003 in Zavalla, Texas. See

http://www.intellex.com/~region9/200...er%20Rally.htm

I hear it is a real great place and I'm looking forward to teaching the classes.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 07:15 AM   #2
Contributing Member

Rain, rain, rain

We're heading for Zavalla Saturday afternoon; the map program says 5 1/2 hours driving time. That means at least 6 1/2 with fuel and rest stops. I need to get to tZavalla by noon Sunday, so I gave the wife the choice of leaving real early Sunday morning and hurrying or leaving mid-Saturday and overnighting around Bryan/College Station. She doesn't like getting up early, so she chose the latter.

The unfortunate thing is that it is currently raining cats and dogs with flash flood warnings coming in on my email about every 15 minutes. This mess is expected to last through much of tomorrow with possible severe storms tomorrow, making it difficult to bring the trailer home to load. I may have to wait till Saturday morning to prepare.

It is moderately warm here, but if this soggy mess goes northeast, someone is going to get some more snow up there.
WBCCI #9632
Old 03-01-2003, 10:41 PM   #3
Contributing Member

All done

I just returned this morning from a week at the Texas Airstream Harbor in Zavalla, TX teaching in the Region 9 computer school.

We left just after noon last Saturday in fairly good weather which deteriorated as we went east. Past about Bryan, TX, all the fields were flooded and strreams over the banks. Missed a turn and went all the way around Lufkin twice. We finally tied up for the night in the rain about 20 miles from our destination and went on in to the Airstream park in the morning.

Thy had 6" of rain before we arrived and it drizzled all week while we were there. Everything was saturated.

Best news was that I had 13.1 MPG towing between Austin and Zavalla. Good roads and very few hills of any size plus my Banks system seems to really make a difference..
WBCCI #9632