View Poll Results: What day is everyone arriving?
Saturday 4 19.05%
Sunday 2 9.52%
Monday 1 4.76%
Tuesday 2 9.52%
Wednesday 4 19.05%
Thursday 8 38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2006, 03:53 PM   #211
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 20
1997 34' Limited
Great Barrington , Massachusetts
Kristine,
Earl acknowledged receipt of the check. There may be details coming.

Nick

Nick
WBCCI#3528
nickvansant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:23 PM   #212
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Hey, myboyburt, could you tell me again where you got those handy dandy little mitten clips for hooking the lights to your awning?

-J

Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:35 PM   #213
2 Rivet Member

1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Rochester , New Hampshire
Thank you everyone for helping with some of my questions regarding the rally.

I do have a couple more. I keep reading things here or there that talk about rally set-up, flags, berets, polishing, etc. and I am wondering if there is somewhere I could read or learn about camp set-up for a rally. I am sensing that it is different then actually camping at a campground where the kids might put a tent up, bikes, screen tent and chairs, and more.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you!

Kristine
Old 08-01-2006, 07:45 PM   #214
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by balrgn
What is your AC not doing? Need a charge, I just did the Peanuts, now it is like a walk in fridge
I wish it was a charge - fan starts and runs about 5 seconds and then cuts out. Leon checked the voltage thing (see sad thread here on the forums) and it's fine, could be some "run time" thingie or the compressor. Don't know yet, will make an appointment to have it checked out in the next few weeks.....

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:57 PM   #215
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by J & K
Thank you everyone for helping with some of my questions regarding the rally.

I do have a couple more. I keep reading things here or there that talk about rally set-up, flags, berets, polishing, etc. and I am wondering if there is somewhere I could read or learn about camp set-up for a rally. I am sensing that it is different then actually camping at a campground where the kids might put a tent up, bikes, screen tent and chairs, and more.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you!

Kristine
Hi Kristine,

Nope, it will be like going to a regular campground in Rochester. Some rallies *are* different with rally style hookups meaning 3 amp electric service which only charges your batteries and a daisy chain for water hookups. But this one is going to be easy on us. Only issue you may find is "rally parking" which means the campers are pretty darn near each other. I remember one member of the NEU saying at last year's R1R that if they turned over in bed at night they would knock the folks in the next trailer right out of their beds. Oh, You will not believe the amount of stuff I'm bringing (2 bikes, mega lighting display, outdoor chairs, tables, grill, maybe a "kids" tent and a inflatable pool) so don't worry! I promise to put my anti WBCCI police force field around your rig - may the force be with you!

Old 08-01-2006, 10:03 PM   #216
DEO
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
West of Boston , Massachusetts
Isn't anyone else getting excited about the rally!!! I got my guitars reved up and even learned a few new songs (even learned the Airstream song which was posted a while back) Looking forward to seeing everyone again!!
Old 08-02-2006, 05:33 AM   #217
2 Rivet Member

1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Rochester , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt
Hi Kristine,

Nope, it will be like going to a regular campground in Rochester. Some rallies *are* different with rally style hookups meaning 3 amp electric service which only charges your batteries and a daisy chain for water hookups. But this one is going to be easy on us. Only issue you may find is "rally parking" which means the campers are pretty darn near each other. I remember one member of the NEU saying at last year's R1R that if they turned over in bed at night they would knock the folks in the next trailer right out of their beds. Oh, You will not believe the amount of stuff I'm bringing (2 bikes, mega lighting display, outdoor chairs, tables, grill, maybe a "kids" tent and a inflatable pool) so don't worry! I promise to put my anti WBCCI police force field around your rig - may the force be with you!
Thank you, Michelle! This is very helpful. My husband and I are excited about participating. The kids are giving us a bit of a hard time...... , but they'll have fun. I can't wait to meet people and see what the club is all about.

Kristine
Old 08-02-2006, 10:25 AM   #218
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Hi Kristine,

Nope, it will be like going to a regular campground in Rochester.
well..not quite. aren't we on limited electricity? (i.e. "no air conditioners")....

lets just hope the weather isn't like today, (110 heat index...whew!! )
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:44 AM   #219
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by J & K
Thank you, Michelle! This is very helpful. My husband and I are excited about participating. The kids are giving us a bit of a hard time...... , but they'll have fun. I can't wait to meet people and see what the club is all about.

Kristine
Kristine -- What are your kids ages? We've got lots of kids coming for Aluminations and my girls (9 and 5) are starting to get pretty excited about it. They're already planning out some schemes for the bike decorating. The kids will also be doing some of their own aluminating with lanternmaking, glowlights, etc. If you want more information about ages and genders of the kids who will be there, just send me a PM.
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 08-02-2006, 07:34 PM   #220
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
What no silver spray paint? Paint it, add an A**stream badge and a "made in china" tag and it shouldn't be a problem. It just takes a little foresight. Coming to a delegates meeting sometime in the not too distant future.

Hey -- gotta horse trailer? Just slap the name tag on that baby and that will get you in pronto!

Travel trailers. We don't need no stinking travel trailers -- we just need a nameplate, a badge, or something that the boys in JC can dream up. Remember the Squarestreams! Next it will be the Clothstreams...

__
Now just hold your horsetrailer a minute there 65GT. Uberlanders already have an Airstream and a fine vintage one at that. And they already have member badges too. I don't think they're asking to open up the WBCCI to tenters. Their question is legitimate and I wish I had a legitimate answer. It's just that the blue book makes my head spin every time I think about opening it up. I'm hoping to see Uberlanders at Aluminations, with red numbers and lots of pretty lights on their tent.

To quote a wise and rebellious NEU member: "I only ask if something is OK if I am antiicpating doing it anyway."

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 08-02-2006, 07:42 PM   #221
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Tents are allowed - see guidelines below

I received the following information from our rally hosts:

We have developed guidelines for tents; there may be other tents; as follows:

Tents for children of paid units (Trailer or Motorhomes) that have grown children (20's 30's) will be charged the price of one additional adult each as per the registration form, assuming that they will use the parents facilities.

Tenters not associated with a parent 's trailer or motorhome up to two adults will be charged $125.00.

All tents must be sponsored by a paid Trailer or motorhome.

All tents must be set up directly to the rear of the paid, sponsored unit.
The sponsored unit must be parked in the ouside ring of the circle only. No tents will be allowed in the inner circle other than the ones that are set up for the event.

There will be only one vehicle per site. You will have to park your vehicle outside of the campground area. We will have designated parking areas set up. We will be encouraging all units to park the tow vehicle or towed vehicle outside the camping area.

I'm a tent sponsor - I wonder if I get a ribbon for my badge for this?

Old 08-02-2006, 10:35 PM   #222
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
Ouch!!!!! Holy military spec Batgirl! What could this all mean? I'm caught without my WBCCI decoder! Can she stay in a tent or not?! Yowza!

__
Be calm. We have not gone over to the dark side - The size and shape of the Fairground's camping area, the fact that we are doing a traditional circle rally parking formation and we want folks to be able to provide the best view of their rigs for Friday night's lighting display dictates where tents can be placed. This rally is at or near maximum capacity and the rally hosts are doing their best to accommodate everyone who wants to attend. As for costs - these are fair and reasonable for any region rally - I recommend you take a peek at our R1R website to see everything that is being offered, it's going to be a fantastic event! - link is below.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:52 PM   #223
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
...it's going to be a fantastic event!...
I second that! With regards to vintage, we currently have 24 vintage trailers signed up for the rally and all will be participating in the Saturday afternoon vintage open house. Earlier in the day on Saturday we have planned vintage seminars on various topics such as repairing a refrigerator, polishing the exterior, interior restoration, interior design and buck vs. olympic riveting.

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:52 AM   #224
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
We are very excited Michelle! Thank you for sponsoring us. Can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks. Sending in our check to Earl today. Yippee! And you do get a silver badge.

1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote