Old 06-01-2010, 04:40 AM   #57
Pam
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
1968 24' Tradewind
Northborough , Massachusetts
Thank you

Chuck and I had a terrific time as well. Thankfully, we were part of a very good hosting team with Mary, Jon and Deborah.

We loved the campground and it's unusual location. The area had tons to do and we didn't even make a dent in seeing it all. The members that came to the rally were the best! A fun group with lots of stories and laughs. The group was made up of NEU and WDCU members from Tennessee, Pennsylvania, New York, and all of New England. We had visitors from as far away as Wisconsin and very locally from North Adams.

We hope to see you all again soon. For us it is the "Crawfish Rally", then on to a new rally in Vermont, "Passport to Adventure". We'll miss the Washington DC Rally unfortunately.

Thank you.

New England Unit....in Fun, Fellowship and Adventure.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:10 PM   #58
2 Rivet Member

1974 25' Tradewind
2007 27' Classic FB
Wilkes-Barre , Pennsylvania
Newest WDCU Member

To all who attended, but expecially our hosts - Pam, Chuck, Mary and Jon and Deborah ... THANK YOU!!

This was a weekend that paid back all the time and trouble we've put into restoring a 36 year old Airstream. A weekend that explains why we bought it in the first place.

Also thanks to Chuck & Tom for assistance in parking and Titu for the backing up 101 lesson (loved those sandle airstreams). Thanks for "adult beverage containers", chocolate strawberries, u-tube videos, open house, a great dane, velcro, walking tour, food, conversation, camp fires and a "dance band" at the pavilion... We will remember all of these and more for many years.

Hope to see you all again somewhere down the road.

The newest (at least for now) WDCU members,

Jim & Marguerite

Old 06-01-2010, 10:35 PM   #59
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreaster View Post
To all who attended, but expecially our hosts - Pam, Chuck, Mary and Jon and Deborah ... THANK YOU!!

This was a weekend that paid back all the time and trouble we've put into restoring a 36 year old Airstream. A weekend that explains why we bought it in the first place.

Also thanks to Chuck & Tom for assistance in parking and Titu for the backing up 101 lesson (loved those sandle airstreams). Thanks for "adult beverage containers", chocolate strawberries, u-tube videos, open house, a great dane, velcro, walking tour, food, conversation, camp fires and a "dance band" at the pavilion... We will remember all of these and more for many years.

Hope to see you all again somewhere down the road.

The newest (at least for now) WDCU members,

Jim & Marguerite
Awesome! You will love being part of the WDCU. And remember you are always welcome at our NEU events.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:45 AM   #60
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
1953 17' Clipper
Mendon , Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt View Post
Awesome! You will love being part of the WDCU. And remember you are always welcome at our NEU events.
Marguerite & Jim---Two clubs fighting over you!!!! NEU knows that we will see you alot in the upcoming years......I'm just sorry that I didn't get to see the inside of your trailer; hopefully at the next event.

What a fun time we had, and what a great campground!

My only regret is that I had no idea what "side walk cafe" meant. I figured it was the coffee, goodies and socializing, of which I partook (got to be a "Poohism"). I had no idea that we were going to do an "introduce yourself" thing afterwards. There were a few people who I never officially met!
Old 06-02-2010, 08:27 AM   #61
1 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Saratoga Springs , New York
Great weekend airstreaming.....

Hi all! John, Tinsley and I had a great time meeting everyone from the NEU and also meeting some new WDCU members.....
It took traveling to MA to meet our Saratoga neighbors....isn't it always the way! I loved seeing inside everyones' trailers and getting more ideas. Nice meeting Gail who owns the Pink trailer that got me excited and started this whole adventure.....
Hope to see you all down the road again. Thanx again for welcoming my "non airstream" friends on Sunday night.....She owns the Purple Plume in Lenox, MA so there could be a Purple Trailer around the next bend!
Have fun this summer.....Tinsley is parked at the in-laws for the next few months as we begin our long awaited house reno.....
Lisa, John, & Tinsley