Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Rally in Florida Feb. '14 question ???

I'm interested in attending the new & improved Florida State Rally in Feb. We went last year for the first time and had a nice time there. Last year they had a rally charge for late arrivals ( thursday ) but on the registration forms for this year I don't see any provision for late arriving. It will be under new management beginning this year so there's a different crew running the show and maybe they won't do it. Anyhow, anyone out there in Airstream land know the answer ???? I'm sure I'm not the only one interested.

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:37 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
Alumaflamingo in February 2014

Hi Polarlyse

I'm part of the crew running the new event that has replaced the old Florida State Rally (at the same location in February). The new name is Alumaflamingo. If you enjoyed FSR in 2013, I think you'll love the Alumaflamingo in 2014.

To simplify things, all registrations are for the full five days of the event (arriving Feb 18, departing Feb 23). You can arrive late if you want, but the fee is the same.

By the way, as of today we already have over 120 Airstreams registered and we haven't even hit the busy season yet, so it looks like we'll have a big party!

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
I suspect the policy will be similar as alumapaluza, pay for the 5 days, come whenever you want.

Best to call them to verify I suspect 802-877-2900 ext 4

(sorry Rich, we crossed posted! Good to hear it from the proffesionals!)
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Thanks both of you for the quick response. I suspected that would be the case but just wanted to ask. We did enjoy last Feb. ( our first time) and are seriously considering going again.

Thanks again, maybe we'll see ya'll in Feb.

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Is this still a Wally club event? If not do you still need an AS to attend? Jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
Allumapose is not a Wally club event. You do not need an Airstream to attend. The Florida unit of the club is also starting a new state rally to be held in the Keys in 2014 and in St Agustine in 2015. In early April, I think. Check the BB for announcement.
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:08 AM   #7
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Thanks, jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
Brooksville , Florida
I've been out of the loop for a while so pardon me, any idea why the FSR moved? I'd heard there was no one that wanted to continue doing it, but it's happening, so I guess that was not the true story....
DFDureiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #9
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
The Florida State Rally did shut down, by vote of the Board of Governors. There were many good reasons for this, which you can read about from the staff report here.

R&B Events was asked by the outgoing staff to create a new event in its place, at the same location and approximately the same time of year, so there would still be a big & fun event for Airstreamers to attend in Florida in February.

The result is Alumaflamingo. As of today about 200 Airstreams are signed up for it, and we expect many more registrations in the coming weeks. The WBCCI will have its own building to conduct official business and gatherings, but Alumaflamingo is open to all, club members or not, just like Alumapalooza in Ohio, Alumafiesta in Arizona, and Alumafandango in Oregon.

After Alumaflamingo was announced, some WBCCI members in Florida resurrected the name "Florida State Rally" for a much smaller club-only rally to be held in the Keys. That will be held in April. Hence the confusion.

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:04 PM   #10
1 Rivet Member

Tampa , Florida
We plan to purchase an airstream this year and live in Tampa Bay. I read on the forum that rallies provide an opportunity to learn from experienced airstream owners. We would like to come to Alumnaflamingo on Thursday the 20th. What is the best way to meet owners? Is it to go directly to the camping area and walk around? Is there an entrance fee for doing so?
Magic Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:20 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2011 30' Classic
2007 25' International CCD
1993 32' Excella
Largo , Florida
Magic Carpet.

I am in the same situation that you are. Relatively new member and intend to go to Sarasota to visit Alumaflamingo from home base in St Pete. I've spoken to the people who are running the rally and might be able to answer your question and possibly get together for the visit. Send me a PM and we can talk.

fair winds,

>>ron<<
Old 02-02-2014, 08:04 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2000 35' Land Yacht XL w/2 slides
Decatur , Georgia
Alumaflamingo is a great way to learn about Airstreaming from owners that really enjoy traveling, whenever possible, in their rigs. They have day passes for $50 that allow you full access to the event. Anytime you see someone lounging around their rug, or better yet, gathering in a group, whether for happy hour or anytime, is a great time to ask questions. See the preliminary schedule
egrbeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:10 AM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2000 35' Land Yacht XL w/2 slides
Decatur , Georgia
It will help you decide when you would like to attend. http://alumaflamingo.com/wp-content/...2014-01-12.pdf. Come visit the SE Camping Unit while you are there.
egrbeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:21 AM   #14
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by egrbeav View Post
It will help you decide when you would like to attend. http://alumaflamingo.com/wp-content/...2014-01-12.pdf. Come visit the SE Camping Unit while you are there.
By all means stop by anyone with this flag flying and say hello.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FLAMINGO WALLY.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	203.5 KB
ID:	204794  
Old 02-03-2014, 05:47 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member

Tampa , Florida
I thought I read somewhere that there was no entrance fee to walk around the campsite hoping to talk to airstream owners?
Old 02-04-2014, 05:44 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Carpet View Post
I thought I read somewhere that there was no entrance fee to walk around the campsite hoping to talk to airstream owners?
Anyone can visit, free of charge. Take a look at the Webpage (www.alumaflamingo.com), the schedule, and the frequently asked questions. I believe there will also be an Airstream Dealer there with new models to show. In short, come in, walk about, talk with folks.

There are activities, seminars, and meals which are provided to paying attendees. Those would require a fee.

Hope this helps.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:28 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member

Tampa , Florida
Thank you!