Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: When will everyone arrive?
Friday- August 15 3 25.00%
Saturday- August 16 1 8.33%
Sunday- August 17 (Official Registration Day) 5 41.67%
Arriving late during the week. 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2008, 06:20 AM   #141
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt View Post
Tomorrow a group of our caravaners will be heading to Hopewell Rocks for some sightseeing, bird watching and seafood eating....
That is a spectacular area...I wish I was there too! The tides rise and fall to great heights and lows in that area and the "damage" the water has done to the famous Hopewell Rocks shows how powerful Mother Nature can be. My favorite part of my visit to that area a few years back was walking the Hopewell Rock's beach at low tide. The tide comes in FAST so be careful. But, as a fall back, the area has a few safety areas for anyone caught on the beach when the tide comes in. You can climb up a metal structure onto a platform suspended high in the air so you can safely "wait out" the tide for 4-6 hours.

Can't wait to see pics!

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 06:23 AM   #142
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
Quiet Green , Connecticut
Talking Yay, Michelle!

Quote:
...So, the big news for me is I'm no longer just a passenger. I towed our small trailer today (I had never towed anything before) through Fundy National Park with all it's steep mountains and twisty roads without hurting anyone. It actually was pretty easy, I'm unsure why I was such a baby about trying to tow before........
How cool! Good for you!!!

big smiles,

AIRSTREAM Life

"Color delights my spirit"
Roamin Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:48 AM   #143
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Quote:
So, the big news for me is I'm no longer just a passenger. I towed our small trailer today (I had never towed anything before) through Fundy National Park with all it's steep mountains and twisty roads without hurting anyone. It actually was pretty easy, I'm unsure why I was such a baby about trying to tow before........
Michelle, it is much easier also if you plat the Beatles "Long and Windy" road along the way!
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:48 PM   #144
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
1963 16' Bambi
Vacationland , Maine
Heading North...or east

We are packed up and heading out. On the way looking for other Airstreamers and hot on the heals of Peter and Sharon. I know they spent at least one night in Freeport. Tryed to return your call but no answer....

Wish Yuki and Brian where on there way as we could use their help with roadside assistance! Brian is a handy guy to have around just in case an old trailer needs fixin'!

There IS still time?

gary & jane
safari62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:30 PM   #145
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
1963 16' Bambi
Vacationland , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari62 View Post
We are packed up and heading out. On the way looking for other Airstreamers and hot on the heals of Peter and Sharon. I know they spent at least one night in Freeport. Tryed to return your call but no answer....

Wish Yuki and Brian where on there way as we could use their help with roadside assistance! Brian is a handy guy to have around just in case an old trailer needs fixin'!

There IS still time?

gary & jane
Never try to post a message in a hurry.....eek! /sorry for the spelling and grammar..... what I should written was " I wish Brian & yuki was coming to PEI also as we could use their help in case of problem. Brian IS a handy guy to have around in case our old trailer needs fixin'!!!!
Now we can get on the road.
safari62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 02:40 PM   #146
2 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Thumbs up Yahoo!

Quote:
So, the big news for me is I'm no longer just a passenger. I towed our small trailer today (I had never towed anything before) through Fundy National Park with all it's steep mountains and twisty roads without hurting anyone. It actually was pretty easy, I'm unsure why I was such a baby about trying to tow before........
Congrats Michelle! I knew you could do it!

The trip sounds fantastic! Can't wait to see the pics.

Diane
Scrappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:32 PM   #147
the biggoofball is mine

1973 27' Overlander
1972 Argosy 22
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Beautiful Southern Connecticut , Gateway to NEW ENGLAND Unit
Thumbs up So very cool, thanks for sharing!

Quote:

Michelle,

I am so happy for you!!! Terrific news.
I'm next...I am going to tow at some time during this trip. Rick and Sandi, look out!

Can you imagine all the places we can go since we both have virtual offices!!! Crisp fall air in New England as the back drop to a work day would be very nice.

I wish we were outa here already. Vacation was much needed as of last Friday.

See you soon!!!
Allie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 05:24 PM   #148
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Never try to post a message in a hurry.....eek! /sorry for the spelling and grammar..... what I should written was " I wish Brian & yuki was coming to PEI also as we could use their help in case of problem. Brian IS a handy guy to have around in case our old trailer needs fixin'!!!!
Now we can get on the road.
Oh no! Is everything ok? I hope you guys aren't stranded before you even leave your home state!

P.S.
Thank goodness he is handy as all three of our vehicles broke down just before they were due for a state inspection...

1) The clutch stopped engaging in the Miata --turned out there was a leak in the slave cylinder.
2) The check engine light wouldn't go out on the Toyota -- it needed a new oxygen sensor
3) The check engine light wouldn't go out on the GMC -- it also needed a new sensor

We also discovered, with all this rain, that the new convertible top we had installed on the Miata leaks. Also our 2002 Bambi has been out of commission because the converter was bad and the battery boiled. We replaced the battery and just ordered a new converter and should have it swapped out this week. And, last but not least, thanks to all this rain, we discovered a leak in the bathroom vent stack in the '64 Bambi!

When it rains it pours (in reality and figuratively speaking too)!

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:03 PM   #149
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
They ALL leak!

'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:18 PM   #150
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
A Big Bravo Michelle

You Can Tow It - now a Bonifide Rivette I am sure....now you don't have to wait for the Hubby if you want to head out for some fun - you know while they work hard to pay for our fun tee hee.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:58 PM   #151
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
gary & jane
Sorry Gary.... we headed into LLBean and that was it for hours and hours by the time we got the new Yak Racks and sorted out the Kayak and got it picked up and up on the roof temporarily - I did not have the phone with me and I have not trained Haily or Taz to answer it yet

So I bet we will now be hot on your heals - as we decided to stay an extra night at Recompence Campground. So tired of the raining and driving in it - we just wanted a break and a couple of nice meals - and of course a lie in would be nice on holiday too.

We are heading out in the morning - (not early - have to be out of spot by 11:00 or so)

And will be driving through to Fundy I think. The weather is sort of iffy until Friday now - so We may just do the one or two nights at Fundy - do the afternoon Tandem Kayak Tour and then head out to North PEI for a few days before the Rally.

So does that put us near to each other or are we still a bit of kilter

Only just got the wifi up at the camp - was down with no signal yesterday and most of today...
Old 08-13-2008, 06:01 AM   #152
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post
Sorry Gary.... we headed into LLBean and that was it for hours and hours by the time we got the new Yak Racks and sorted out the Kayak and got it picked up and up on the roof temporarily - I did not have the phone with me and I have not trained Haily or Taz to answer it yet

So I bet we will now be hot on your heals - as we decided to stay an extra night at Recompence Campground. So tired of the raining and driving in it - we just wanted a break and a couple of nice meals - and of course a lie in would be nice on holiday too.

We are heading out in the morning - (not early - have to be out of spot by 11:00 or so)

And will be driving through to Fundy I think. The weather is sort of iffy until Friday now - so We may just do the one or two nights at Fundy - do the afternoon Tandem Kayak Tour and then head out to North PEI for a few days before the Rally.

So does that put us near to each other or are we still a bit of kilter

Only just got the wifi up at the camp - was down with no signal yesterday and most of today...
The NEU Maritime Caravan will be at Ponderosa Pines Campground in Hopewell, NB (wicked close to the Hopewell Rocks Park) until Thursday morning. We will then head to Havre Boucher, NS just outside of Cape Breton Island. Maybe we'll see you folks on the road.

We have been having rain everyday since we left home. It's has not stopped us from sightseeing at all but it would be nice to have some blue sky.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:06 AM   #153
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
The NEU Maritime Caravan will be at Ponderosa Pines Campground in Hopewell, NB (wicked close to the Hopewell Rocks Park) until Thursday morning. We will then head to Havre Boucher, NS just outside of Cape Breton Island. Maybe we'll see you folks on the road.

We have been having rain everyday since we left home. It's has not stopped us from sightseeing at all but it would be nice to have some blue sky.
Well here last night there was just a bit of blue sky to knit a sailor a pair of pants....But this morning it is lovely and sunny blue blue blue sky.....

Perhaps we just might see you on the road or even at the park or maybe in the kayaks around the famous rocks.....Drive careful all......
Old 08-13-2008, 06:13 AM   #154
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
rick and sandi and I will be at Fundy on Saturday, if anyone is around. We're scheduled to be in the North Campground.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:35 AM   #155
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post
Well here last night there was just a bit of blue sky to knit a sailor a pair of pants....But this morning it is lovely and sunny blue blue blue sky.....

Perhaps we just might see you on the road or even at the park or maybe in the kayaks around the famous rocks.....Drive careful all......
Most everyone on the NEU Caravan enjoyed Hopewell Rocks yesterday. A large percentage of us went on the kayak tour which was the highlight of the day for me. The park and the kayak tour vendor both provided us with discounted rates due to the size of our group. We even had a guide for a couple of hours in the park who entertained us with lots of fantastic information about the geology and history of the Bay of Fundy and the Hopewell Rocks.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:39 AM   #156
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Oh! I forgot to add: The sky is BLUE today! It rained cats and dogs last night but this morning is cool, crisp and beautiful.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:14 AM   #157
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Quote:
Oh! I forgot to add: The sky is BLUE today! It rained cats and dogs last night but this morning is cool, crisp and beautiful.

Michelle- If the sky is BLUE what color were the cats and dogs?

Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 08-13-2008, 03:35 PM   #158
Islay - 63 O.

1963 26' Overlander
Montreal , -
Send a message via MSN to dufferin
I arrived today at Bayside RV - big trip 1hour 1/2 from home.
Weather is nice. And happy not too bad either.

see you all soon have a good safe trip.

d

Few rolling wheels to make our planet a house.

A 1/5th of her that I own.

TAC# : QC-1

my blog

https://rvcampreview.com
dufferin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:29 PM   #159
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufferin View Post
I arrived today at Bayside RV - big trip 1hour 1/2 from home.
Weather is nice. And happy not too bad either.

see you all soon have a good safe trip.

d
Thanks! See you folks soon!

The NEU Caravan is prepping for our early morning departure tomorrow. We've got 5+ hours of travel time ahead of us until we reach our next stop. Wish me luck, I'm towing for the entire trip due to an injury my sister encountered a couple of days ago which leaves her unable to drive. It will be good practice for me!

Old 08-14-2008, 06:13 AM   #160
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Good morning everyone! Sorry to hear about Patty, hope she is OK. Sandi and I finished packing last night, Sara is still 'gathering' stuff and we can't wait to get on the road. One more day of work (today, counting minutes: 549 more to go). Looking forward to pulling into R1R Sunday.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind