Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: When will everyone arrive?
Friday- August 15 3 25.00%
Saturday- August 16 1 8.33%
Sunday- August 17 (Official Registration Day) 5 41.67%
Arriving late during the week. 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2008, 06:55 PM   #81
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatismytruc View Post
T&G. Just curious. Is that 15 left of the 99 that Bayview advertises? Or are they rigging up more sites for us? Thanks.
Hi thatismytruc,

My understanding is it's over and above the 99 sites advertised. I'm hearing 120+ rigs are signed up for the R1R so safari field parking for some may be in order.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:18 PM   #82
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
hmmmm ... Not to be a dope or anything, and don't get me wrong I'm glad so many are going, but I would imagine that whomever gets the safari field might be a bit disappointed about not having any hook ups. Perhaps those with no hook ups will get a discount of some sort?

Allie recalls being told that first to sign up first to get hook ups. Is this true? we did sign up early. If not, I for one am now thinking I'd better get there early so that I am not in the safari field. I'm going to have to acquire another solid rocket booster or two.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:54 PM   #83
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
hmmmm ... Not to be a dope or anything, and don't get me wrong I'm glad so many are going, but I would imagine that whomever gets the safari field might be a bit disappointed about not having any hook ups. Perhaps those with no hook ups will get a discount of some sort?

Allie recalls being told that first to sign up first to get hook ups. Is this true? we did sign up early. If not, I for one am now thinking I'd better get there early so that I am not in the safari field. I'm going to have to acquire another solid rocket booster or two.
The first to sign up get 3 way hookups.I understood that most (if not all) others will get water and electric. I recommend you email Bob, he will be able to give you the latest info on who will get what.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:42 AM   #84
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Exclamation Rally Schedule

With the Region One Rally so close and rumors abundant, is there a posted schedule available to attendes yet? We heard over the weekend that the much talked about Lobster Bake Dinner was being held Friday night. Seems a shame for it to be schedled for that night since so many of the folks will be heading home that day. I know Bob and his staff are working hard and this will be for sure a wonderful rally but if the daile schedule is available it would be great to have it posted for folks to make their plans for sight seeing and meals.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:09 AM   #85
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
Schedule - Starts at post #45

Titu and Gail posted a schedule starting at post #45. Unless that was tentative.

I emailed Bob as Michelle suggested. no reply yet but I'm sure he is super busy. I'm just planning on going with the flow when I get there.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:42 AM   #86
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
I e-mailed him quite a few days ago, and have yet to hear back from him. I wonder if he actually uses e-mail?
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:53 AM   #87
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
He sent me an email confirming my application and saying he'd send me more info. That was May 6th.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:07 AM   #88
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
I e-mailed upon Dave's (Duffrins) recommendation oh about 2 weeks ago and had asked a few times if there were spots and what hookups there were - and well not too serious answers came back - and I just can not take a chance - that a week of our vacation would be on a daisy chain with minimal hook ups (if any) - so we have chosen to hang out in a different part of the Island and will pop in for visits when the hard to get - Bob surfaces

We are not ticked - just reminds us of our initial attempt to sign up for our WBCCI Unit/number back in 04 - par for the course folks - and until there are back up people that can share in the duties that have the "uptodate" contact media and time to respond to people - this is what will happen every time.

You either live with it or you make other arrangements...No sense getting nickers in a twist.

We are now heading that way a week before the Rally starts - would it not be funny if we ended up at the camp and took one of your pre-early sign up spot with all three hook ups - Just kidding - but would love to be there for the Lobster Feast - so will be staying tune as to the actual time and place.

We also might pull in with the Mod Pod for an overnight - BoonDock - on our way to the next campground on our trip (which we have still yet to book)
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:49 AM   #89
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
[quote=thatismytruc;595889]Titu and Gail posted a schedule starting at post #45. Unless that was tentative.
quote]

Yes, but that schedule is now four months old and from what we have heard through the grapevine, has changed. We were told that the Lobster dinner is now Friday night and we are leaving Friday morning. Why did that change and if so, what elese has changed. Not being negative in any way, just trying to be sure we as rally attendees know what is going on.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 07-28-2008, 08:55 AM   #90
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
huh. good point about the age of the post. I'm not a fan of grapevines, for the usual reasons. Does anyone have Bob's phone number? Or perhaps Titu and Gail might have some knowledge. Based on the poll above, only 5 Airforums members are going to this rally, so perhaps the information is getting out via some other means that I am not privy to.

I'm with you Rickandsandi, not being negative in anyway. just craving info.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:12 AM   #91
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
I called Bayside and here's some info on hook ups. They have rewired their entire camp. 96 spaces have full hook up with 30A. The rest will have 15A electric and water. This is all I thought to ask about.

The gentleman I spoke with told me: "Bring your laptop, hey, we have wifi now too." So we've got that going for us. Which is nice.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:20 AM   #92
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Quote:
I called Bayside and here's some info on hook ups. They have rewired their entire camp. 96 spaces have full hook up with 30A. The rest will have 15A electric and water. This is all I thought to ask about.

The gentleman I spoke with told me: "Bring your laptop, hey, we have wifi now too." So we've got that going for us. Which is nice.
WiFi, nice, you can post pics for those of us that can't make it.....
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:34 AM   #93
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
Insurance Documentation

Very important piece of information I just came across:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt View Post
Before we venture north we need to request our insurance companies provide us with a Canadian Non-resident Inter-provincial Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance Card. We also need to provide proof of vehicle ownership - MH, TV and Trailer registration forms.
I emailed my insurer and he confirmed I needed this extra bit of paper for traveling to see our Northern Neighbors.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:48 AM   #94
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
trying to get psyched up for this:

Confederation Bridge

Old 07-28-2008, 12:55 PM   #95
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Sandi had logged onto the Bridge Webcams last week and the bridge was shut down due to an accident. All you could see was tons of flashing red & blue lights and nothing moving in either direction no matter which camera she switched to.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 07-28-2008, 01:07 PM   #96
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Excellent! Have laptops, will travel.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:15 PM   #97
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Quote:
Very important piece of information I just came across:

I emailed my insurer and he confirmed I needed this extra bit of paper for traveling to see our Northern Neighbors.
Yes, some insurance companies need to add the coverage to your vehicle while others offer it on their whole policies. You may or may not need the additional coverage depending on your insurance carrier and the policy you hold.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 07-28-2008, 04:29 PM   #98
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Hope you all have a great rally. I'm too busy at work or I would have gone to this rally.
Being Canadian and all.
Congrats on the silver anniversary Sharon and Peter and I hope the trip you are taking is a great honeymoon like adventure.
Al
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:57 PM   #99
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I e-mailed him quite a few days ago, and have yet to hear back from him. I wonder if he actually uses e-mail?

I spoke with our rally host on the phone last week. He and his wife were in transit to PEI - they were somewhere in Virginia when I talked to him. Most likely his hasn't had too much time to connect to the internet as they are on the road.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:07 PM   #100
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
Hope you all have a great rally. I'm too busy at work or I would have gone to this rally.
Being Canadian and all.
Congrats on the silver anniversary Sharon and Peter and I hope the trip you are taking is a great honeymoon like adventure.
Al

Hey BigAl - THANKS - you know I bet work could do without you for a week!!

Living somewhere is way more important than dying to get there

We have been going out East for our Holiday since our last Holiday in 04 When we took my Parents and my Brother and his dog in our 69 Globetrotter. Actually we (Peter and I were heading to the Cabot Trailer for 2 weeks) then all the plans changed and a chance with the family came by - so we thought family was more important.... It took us three times as long to get there - more work than we ever imagined - We got to the most southern part of PEI and stuck there the whole time....looking back now we would not have changed a thing!

Hence we are very much looking forward to our trip out east. And now seriously thinking about staying at the Region 1 Rally Campsite - although we may not participate in all of the Rally at least we could meet up with lots of new people and have some fun I am sure.

Now I do question a Honey Moon with a family as big as the Airstream Family all hanging about - I will definitely have to get a sign for our new Trailer - "If she is a Rockin don't come a Knockin!!!" - or at least while your waiting bend over and give an extra turn to our stabilizers!!!
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote