Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2007, 02:30 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1959 22' Flying Cloud
1972 25' Tradewind
1962 30' Sovereign
Navarre , Florida
Perry for last minute non-member

I am thinking about making the trip up from FL to Perry. It will be about 350 miles or so. I am new to this so not sure what to expect. To start with I have not had my Airstream very long, so not a member of anything. Although I do plan to join the Pensacola unit, everyone there was super nice when I attended the Vintage rally. I am still working on things like repacking wheel bearings, and prepping my Toyota for pulling. I have not registered because if I go, it will be a last minute thing. Question is can I join in for anything with my lack of preplanning. Being a single father with custody of 3 teen sons, sometimes planning is done at the last moment. I do understand higher fees, but I think I will go for only about maybe 2 or 3 days of the rally. Can I do any of this not being a member yet, and are they allowing last minute people like me. Plus will there be a place to set up. Worst case stay in a hotel. I have a wonderful little 1959 Fly Cloud to bring, but hate to make the trip only to be turned away or have no place to set up. From the main web site for WBCCI I get the sense its all or none, and you have to be registered months in advance. I understand voting and all is for members, but I would like to attend to learn and see what options I have for use on my '59 Flying Cloud, as well as our 1972 Tradewind. Both were bought to use after Hurricaine Ivan Damaged our home, but now are looked to for other fun uses. Any help on ideas for attending the rally up in Perry will be useful.

Thanks,

Shawn

P.S. This is posted in another thread, but was not sure I had the right place, sorry if I in the wrong place for the question.
apolaroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:26 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
I do know that they sell day passes for people to walk into International but I don't know anything about showing up with your trailer without registering. I would recommend you contact Airstream at Jackson Center, OH for more information about your question. Their phone number is: 937-596-5211

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:54 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
San Antonio , Texas
Howdy Shawn,

It is my understanding that the International is a members only type of thing. This would include all events and parking. I don't know if they will let you join "at the gate" or not. Check before you go, 350 miles is a long drive to find out that you can't attend.

______Tom

'05 Excursion 4x4, 6.0 PSD, magnaflow, helwig anti-sway, air lift springs.
Stream 1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:11 AM   #4
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
I ran into the same sort of thing a few years ago when the international was in my neighborhood. Its a problem that needs to be addressed, imo. They're missing out on a major recruiting opportunity. In fact, I think every year, we see posts like this one on the forums..."I live "not too far", and I'd like to check it out, BUT...."

NO information to be had, from anywhere....about anything.

Personally, I don't think there's a whole bunch going on that is of much interest to anyone who isn't already "in the group", so to speak. Other than, of course, its neat to see 1000+ airstreams parked together. That spectacle alone is, imo, worth seeing. But I wouldn't try to "attend" the rally. If I were you, I'd try to find a nearby campground, set up there, and commute over to the rally site to stroll around, and see what's up.

oh, and don't call "airstream". they won't know anything. its not their club.

You "could" call wbcci headquarters...but I tried that a few years ago, and they couldn't tell me anything, either. really bizzare that the headquarters of an organization couldn't tell me what the schedule was for an event that takes most of said organization's resources, or even where to obtain such a schedule.
The whole thing is just not set up for anyone that has a schedule that includes anything other than "wally".
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:27 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Go to the WBCCI website. link : WBCCI.org

Go the Rally part of the site. There is some data there. Then go to the Forum part of the site. There is another section there for the rally. They published the daily rates for walk ins. Unfortunately There is not propration available for parking at the rally. It is an all or nothing thing. As a late arrival you will not likely be able to purchase the 30 amp electrical service so you could run your air conditioner, if you had one. The registration part of the proceedure is only available for 9:00 to 4:00 during the day and only during the first half of the rally, so you should call the emergancy number at the rally site and talk to them directly, if you can not get a satifactory answer by calling Cindy Reed at the Jackson Center headquarters.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:52 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
I was going to direct you to the WBCCI site where, until today, they had a link to the daily schedule/agenda in the International Rally section. Wondering why they took it down.
WDCU
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:06 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
65GT posted this in the main Perry Rally thread.

Quote:
If you come before Friday the 29th, it's a normal registration procedure. You'll have to join WBCCI on site if you're bringing your trailer.

If you come after the 29th they are currently trying to work out a pro-rated fee (everything ends the 4th/5th of July). There will be a tel# at the entrance for you to call. It will be a committee persons cell phone number. They will take your call and get you onsite. At that point you'll be able to get whatever minimal information you need to get you to all activities until you can actually get to registration.

The official word is -- with or without your trailer come! There are local hotels in the area if need be. You can always get day passes for as many days as you like. If you want to park with the Vintage AS club, you will also need to join the VAC when you arrive.

How accurate is this information? 100% I'm live in the registration area and the Registration Chairwoman just sat down with me to get you the exact info you need. Come on up!

59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote