Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2006, 07:41 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

Pensacola Vintage Rally - April 20-23 2006

The Pensacola WBCCI Unit invites everyone to their Annual Vintage Rally at Mystic Springs Airstream Park on April 20-23, 2006. Go to the Mystic Springs Airstream Park web site (www.geocities.com/mystic-springs) to see the rustic beauty of the vintage campground high on the banks of the Escambia River 30 miles north of Pensacola. The web site includes a map to the park. Display your vintage Airstream and tour others at the vintage open house on Saturday afternoon. Rally agenda includes the vintage Airstream Open House, a Polishing Demo, vintage movies/presentations and fireside stories. We expect 15 to 20 vintage Airstreams and a like number of newer Airstreams. This year the club's 58 Airstream Pacer (predecessor to the Bambi) renovation is underway and will be at the park. By April we will probably be working on replacing the floor. This will be an excellent chance to see a renovation in progress. This Pacer will be given away via a raffle at the Region 6 Rally in Gray TN in Oct 2006. Tickets will be available at the rally. Rally details are at:
http://www.geocities.com/mystic-springs/vintage.html

bjond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:40 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Slidell , Louisiana
Thanks for posting the information, I am working on plans now to attend but I won't know for sure for a few more weeks.

Being just a few hours away I hope to join you all on upcoming events.

Mark
MarkExc500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 05:45 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
We were hoping to make this one (especially after meeting everyone today-I didn't want to go home!), but we've got commitments for t-ball that weekend.

2005 22' Safari-
...lost her in the divorce-
Would like another (Airstream), please!

FiveGreers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:38 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

Pensacola Vintage Rally

The Pensacola Pacer raffle Airstream will be at the Vintage Rally next week. We are currently working to replace the floor so the the inside is stripped and the floor work is underway. If you are contemplating doing floor work this will be a good chance to see one "opened up".

See our progress at:

http://58pacer.blogspot.com/

BTW, this rally is a buddy rally so all are welcome!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	apr060006sm.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	20438  
Old 04-17-2006, 01:42 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
1st Rally!

We will be attending this rally and are pretty excited to see all the vintage Airstreams! Due to many family "things", two of us will be arriving Friday evening and the remaining three will arrive mid afternoon on Saturday. Looking forward to our first rally with our unit!

2005 22' Safari-

Old 04-18-2006, 06:18 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Slidell , Louisiana
It looks like we may also be able to attend this rally with our two youngest kids but may not arrive until Saturday.

Does the park have a nearby playground or a safe biking area?

Hope to see you all there!

Mark
Old 04-18-2006, 06:48 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

Mystic Springs Facilities

We don't have a kid's playground with swings, etc. There is a shuffleboard court and horseshoes. The park is 10 acres on the Escambia River. Bikers can ride through the campground roads. The park is a mile or so away from the busy US 29 on a little used residential road that deadends at a boat ramp a couple of blocks past the entrance to our campground.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:25 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Slidell , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbond
We don't have a kid's playground with swings, etc. There is a shuffleboard court and horseshoes. The park is 10 acres on the Escambia River. Bikers can ride through the campground roads. The park is a mile or so away from the busy US 29 on a little used residential road that deadends at a boat ramp a couple of blocks past the entrance to our campground.
Thanks Herb,

Any idea how many Vintage campers will be there?

Mark Cuevas
Old 04-18-2006, 08:11 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

Mystic Springs Vintage Rally

It will probably be about 30 to 35 Airstreams with about half vintage. Also a few "buddies" are signed up. I haven't seen the full list as it is at the campground which is 70 miles away.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:57 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
Unhappy Can't make it....

Due to a reoccuring back problem, we won't be making the trip out to McDavid this weekend! My parents have already called to tell me what I'm missing out on- -but my back doesn't care! So I look forward to next years vintage rally-and any I can see between now and then!

2005 22' Safari-

Old 04-22-2006, 05:36 AM   #11
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Trip

Man I wished we could have made it also but I must work.I will be checking out Mystic Springs in the winter months though.So far I was told about 30 Airstreams will be there and a few more here and there might show up.

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 09:58 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
Well, Devo, from the sounds of things, we missed a good one!! But my back is feeling better, so I guess something good came from NOT going.

2005 22' Safari-

Old 04-24-2006, 11:18 AM   #13
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Slidell , Louisiana
I could not make it again this year also, too many obligations and last minute issues with work that could not wait.

I hope all enjoyed and we hope to attend in the near future.

Mark
Old 04-25-2006, 02:04 PM   #14
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Trip

Yea I bet it was pretty fun.This would have been the first time to go to something like this for us.I have not been to a gettogether or rally as of yet but plan to when the winter hits and I have the time to.
I did get a couple of days off by trading out with someone at work so we stayed at Topsail Sunday to Tuesday.We just got home today and are already planning the next trip in about several more months from now.(Really about 7 months from now.)I am hoping we will get a chance to do it again after labor day weekend.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:30 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
You come this way....we go that way-lol....we just spent Spring Break at St. Andrews and am trying to decide if I want to book again for next year. We only hit the beach at St. Andrews-next year we want to do Shell Island, Shipwreck Island, and there was a maze the kids saw on our way to Walmart they want to go to. So we're not sure-but this is our week-11 months to the day-to be booking, so we need to decide quickly!

2005 22' Safari-

Old 04-25-2006, 04:48 PM   #16
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Trip

There are a lot of things to do.The next time you plan on going again give me a heads up and I will let you know the rounds of this area.I only live about 5 minutes from St. Andrews state park.Going to shell Island is fun also for the kids as well as the adults.You can go on the shuttle to get there and the boat runs hourly.There is also an old arcade that we still go to and has been on this beach over 30 years.It is called Fun Land Arcade.They have really cheap food and is a great place to eat things like burgers and such.It is really good.
If you are wanting to eat out you should try schooners.I am pretty sure you have seen it but if not it is kinda hiding on the beach.It is a great family restuarant and has live bands and dancing.It is also where a lot of locals go as well.It is located just pass the light when you leave the state park after scampy's restuarant.
You came at a great time also cause the nights were still cool and the days were nice as well.