Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-04-2011, 12:11 AM   #41
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
We are filling up the Museum campground, We will have some awesome trailers coming and of course people too.

Membership chair
Wally Byam Airstream Club
Past President Oregon Unit 090

Campfires, the original social media!
wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Blue Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:42 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
For us part of the excitement is being camped at the museum with all you other old timers -umm, trailers of course is what I mean.....and although this will be a significantly smaller group than the large WBCCI events, it is still always a treat to see a gathering of Airstreams.

Teresa, how many trailers are you expecting will be located at the museum? As for the trailer open house, are the trailers in the overflow and the RV park also going to be open? I suspect unless they are all in one area, the RV park might be hard to do, although one might think that the majority of trailers there that weekend would be Airstream as well.

We met Dale at the Dead Horse rally and he had some of his material with him, but he'd already sent quite a lot of his material to the museum. We are looking forward to seeing the additional information. He is a very nice man, and the fact that he is so willing to share his knowledge with the Airstream community rather than horde it is a boon to all of us who are interested in the history of our hobby.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #43
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
Rally Up-date,

Starting on 2nd RV. Park, This park is a little more expensive so the Rally Fee is $170.00 for full hook up including cable. We have enough dry camping for everyone so join us.

Membership chair

wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Old 03-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #44

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Post WOW!!! This Rally is booking up fast!!!

Look forward to seeing you there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by monah View Post
Wally Byam Birthday Party Rally, Baker City OR July 1 - 5, 2011
We have been invited to help celebrate Wally Byam’s birthday at the Baker Regional Museum in Baker City, Oregon. The Museum is opening a larger exhibit of Wally Byam and his Caravans and celebrating his Birthday the weekend of July 4th.

If you are unable to attend International join us for this Rally. We are planning Wally Byam activities, good food and fun. Along with enjoying the Wally Byam exhibit and the Museum all weekend long, we will be having caravan movies and slide shows, proposed presentations by notable
guests on caravans, restorations of Airstream trailers, and our own Janet Humphrey and her trio: Humphrey, Hartman and Cameron, providing entertainment.

Lots of things to do in the area with the Oregon Trail Museum. See wagon ruts from the wagon trains on the Oregon Trail, check out a rodeo in the neighboring town of Haines, or the giant flea market up the road in Sumpter. Maybe take a side trip to Hell’s canyon and ride a jet boat up the Snake river or just enjoy the historic town of Baker City.

We will have three camping areas to use so we have no limit on attendance. Full hook-up sites @ Mountain View RV - $170.00. Dry Camping in the park next to the Museum for anyone wanting to be in the community Open House that will occur on July 4th. All over flow will be in the county fairgrounds about 2 blocks away from the park.

Cost of this 4 night Rally includes site, entrance to Museum all weekend, entertainment, 2 breakfasts and 2 dinners.

Full hook-ups @ Mountain View RV - $170.00 Dry camp at Museum- $75.00 Dry camp in overflow-$70.00

Use the attached rally coupon to reserve your site. For more information please contact Teresa @ Airstream Forums - View Profile: Blue Pearl

Look forward to seeing you there!
M
monah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #45
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
gettin there

we will be traveling from the Moraine View rally in Illinois the weekend after alumapalooza........hard for you to say,,,that would put us on the road towards baker city june 12th......

any thoughts
WBCCI 2541

4CU
kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:31 PM   #46

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Wow...you might just get the "longest traveler" award (if there was such a thing!) Really wish I was going to Alumapalooza, take lots of pics to share.
Safe travels - see you in Baker City!
M
monah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #47
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
Carolyn & Loren, So glad you will be able to attend, I have you down for the Museum Park, Open House day we will be dressing in the year of our trailers, so get out your vintage or should I say high school clothes. TT

Membership chair

wbcci#29827

Old 04-23-2011, 06:45 PM   #48
Peg

1974 31' Excella 500
Broadview , Montana
Hi,
New to the forum.
We do not belong to WBCCI nor have we ever attend a rally. We've had our Excella for awhile now....8 years, but have only boondocked in Montana.

This would be our first event. I see from the .pdf file we need to be a member of a WBCCI group. I think there is one in Montana though nothing has been posted at their site for some time...if we joined that, could we come to this event? Thanks.
Peg
CanoeCalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:52 PM   #49
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
Peg, Welcome to the forum. You are more than welcome to attend our Rally, you don't need to be a member. Check us out then decide, I know a few Montana members and they are great fun. I think we have a couple of trailers from Montana coming to the rally. Teresa

Membership chair

wbcci#29827

Old 04-24-2011, 01:18 AM   #50
Peg

1974 31' Excella 500
Broadview , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Pearl View Post
Peg, Welcome to the forum. You are more than welcome to attend our Rally, you don't need to be a member. Check us out then decide, I know a few Montana members and they are great fun. I think we have a couple of trailers from Montana coming to the rally. Teresa
Thanks for the welcome Teresa...So I just fill out the form and submit it to the address, I think I saw somewhere... and we are in?

Now, we are normally boondockers from Montana and Speedy (our Airstream) doesn't look as shiny as yours and we travel with two Great Pyrenees. Is this all legit for a Rally?

Where is there still room to park? A shady place is nice...are there still spots available to park near/in shade...we don't have generators for air conditioning...although the weather doesn't seem too hot according to the weather reports that have been posted.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:23 AM   #51
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
Peg, We don't have any shade area's left, but the RV park has full hook-ups for Airconditioning. The overflow boondocking area is across the street from the Museum but is a parking lot so I'm sure it will be sunny but I agree it sounds like the area doesn't start to heat up until later in the Summer, but this is a Airstream Rally so anything can happen weather wise. You can send your Rally fee to Oregon Unit 090 c/o Teresa Taylor PO Box 319 Seaside, OR 97138. Happy to have you join us for your first Airstream Rally.

Membership chair

wbcci#29827

Old 04-27-2011, 08:03 AM   #52
Peg

1974 31' Excella 500
Broadview , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Pearl View Post
Peg, We don't have any shade area's left, but the RV park has full hook-ups for Airconditioning. The overflow boondocking area is across the street from the Museum but is a parking lot so I'm sure it will be sunny but I agree it sounds like the area doesn't start to heat up until later in the Summer, but this is a Airstream Rally so anything can happen weather wise. You can send your Rally fee to Oregon Unit 090 c/o Teresa Taylor PO Box 319 Seaside, OR 97138. Happy to have you join us for your first Airstream Rally.
I am so depressed....
I gave the dates to hubby when I first found out about this and ran it passed him....

Last night I was going over the agenda with him.....
Well, we can't come now. He gave July 4 time to his partsman....So! No further comment on this portion necessary... I sure hope you all have a good time.

I'm forever hopeful however. If things change I will be back on board. How far in advance do we have to have the monies to you Teresa?

BTW, I love Seaside...and Seal Rock...and the Scappoose Creek Inn.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:39 PM   #53
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
Sorry to hear you are on hold. Full hook-up, you'll will be on your own after June 1 but I'm sure we will be able to accommodate everyone who shows up in the overflow area. Teresa

Membership chair

wbcci#29827

Old 04-29-2011, 01:42 PM   #54
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
planning

so after the rally we want to spend the next two months touring oregon. we breifly drove down the coast last september and fell in love with harris beach and cape blanco (where i would like to stay a week, but they do not have a dump station....is this true) we stayed at sunset bay and a few other places and just loved the area.
are there suggestions from you guys that are oregon residents that would help us plan our trip. i am sure the entire state is great and we would like to see it all, but am sure that two months is not enough...but will have to do for this trip.

what direction should i take after the rally??? we like to stay in state parks and national parks as well. we have two puppies that it is a must that we hike with..... and i am into making reservations and planning ahead which i am sure is necessary for areas along the coast in the summertime.

thanks....i am ready to get on the road to oregon but have to circle through ohio and the alumnaplooza first
WBCCI 2541

4CU
kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:36 AM   #55
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
We have lots for you to do, I will PM our rally planner for the rallies we are having the rest of the summer. Check out the Sample Oregon Caravan here on the forum that the Oregon Unit is doing, You could start at Baker City and finish out the caravan with them. You'll be doing the interior of Oregon. Then jump to the coast to finish your trip, You'll need reservations for the Oregon Coast in July & Aug, make them NOW!

Membership chair

wbcci#29827

Old 04-30-2011, 12:51 AM   #56

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Our schedule has changed and we're not going to be able to make it to this rally either I think we're going to be missing a great party!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:42 PM   #57
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
Steph, Sorry you guys can't make it. We have about 60 trailers signed up so far. Pee Wee is coming and the Goransons are going to show off their Around the World Trailer. We still have room for a few more trailers in full hook-up and a whole parking lot for those that want to dry-camp.

Membership chair

wbcci#29827

Old 05-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #58
3 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
South East Idaho , South East Idaho
Wow I am excited! And green to the bone. But brave enough to make my FIRST ralley.
I now have my FIRST trailer (67 Safari) road worthy. "Please be kind and gentle." LOL

Coming west on I-84,hope some Boise folk chim in. I sure would like to carivan as much as possible?
Getting the check in the mail.
Freddy
Grad67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:29 AM   #59
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
Welcome

Welcome to the rally, We have about 5 trailers coming from the Idaho unit so I will have them get in touch with you about caravaning to the rally. We won't be hard on you, we'll just bring out our lawn chairs to watch you dump your black tank

Membership chair

wbcci#29827

Old 05-25-2011, 09:03 AM   #60
3 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
South East Idaho , South East Idaho
Yea right, and out though the 3/4 garden hose for the gray? tank??? This is going to be too good. lol
Grad67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baker city or, or unit rally, rally, wbcci