The Nova chapter of WBCCI would like to invite you to a "Night of Destruction" buddy Rally. On Saturday, September 10, 2011 the Kalamazoo Speedway in Kalamazoo, Michigan is having their annual "Night of Destruction" event. We have been authorized to offer this as a rally site. So on Friday & Saturday, September 9 and 10 we will boondock in the parking field, which is mostly flat and solid. Generators will be allowed (remember to be kind to your neighbors). We are allowed to have contained campfires as well.
The track allows FREE CAMPING with the purchase of event tickets.
Adults $15, $10 kids ages 10-15, $5 kids ages 5-9.
If you have never been to a Night of destruction this will be a great one to see. The track facilities are well taken care of and clean. The show often fills the 6000 or so seats. There will be Monster trucks, spectator races, and a whole bunch of other types of destructive racing on this night.
Things or races they will have include:
1. "car football" : This is played with two teams of race cars trying to push a compact car
on skidplates "football" to the goal line.
2. A roll over contest : Drive around the track and hit a ramp with two wheels and see how many time you can flip it. They will flip it back to it's wheels and send the driver to do it again.
3. The Gauntlet race: they put a couple full size vans out front and give them a small head start. Then send about 15 chase cars after them. The cars will ram, bump, crash, spin out the vans untill they can go no more.
4. The Skid plate race: Take a front wheel drive car remove the rear wheels and put on skid plates. These cars are a riot to watch! If they stop on the track the rear end of the car slides down the hill and the car comes to rest pointing at the wall! If they enter the turns too fast... Whoops the back of the car spins out! This is worse than driving on ICE! This is a blast to watch!
5. Trailer Race: Take any vehicle
, weld a hitch on it, put any trailer on that and GO! This will crack you up! The last driver with a trailer still attached wins!
6. Any thing left that runs race: Well the name sums this one up. However this race runs in reverse. Ever seen 20 or so cars race around a 3/8 mile high banked oval track? Your cheeks will hurt from laughing so hard.
7. Bus & Trailer Race: Weld a hitch on a bus, hook any trailer to it and go, but dont forget to UNSTRAP the boat! or Put the top up on the popups!
The amount of debris left after this one will amaze you!
After the races are done the track puts on a great fireworks display.
After the fireworks are done the lights come on and they open the gates to the track for the spectators to go get some souviniers. Last year we saw Rv refridgerators, water heaters, sinks, pots and pans, tires, bumpers, boat parts, trailer axles, lights, pot holders and curtains.
Finally, as the rest of the 6000 people are heading out to their cars we will be headed to the campfire to watch them sit in traffic and jockey for the fastest exit.
Food plans to be announced as we see how many people
we have but I was thinking:
Friday eve, hot dogs on the grill as people set up.
Saturday potluck breakfast.
You are on your oun for lunch.
Track food for dinner (the track food is not expensive and good -ie:hot dogs were $1.50)
After race, "pitch in" snacks for around the fire.
We will have some 10x20 and 10x10 shelters to put up if we need to.
This is a family friendly event. The track even has a non alchol, non smoking section. That being said, They also alow you to bring in your own medium size coolers!
Here is a link to the track info. Kalamazoo Speedway
There are some other attractions in the area like the Air zoo, Home | Air Zoo of Kalamazoo, Michigan
and some antique mall type shopping.
Sound like fun? Then we will see you there!