Old 03-03-2010, 10:03 AM   #71
4 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Kenton , Ohio
Pulled the trailer out of the yard onto the pavement. I think if I left it in the yard through the weekend I wouldn't get it out for a while due to the warm temps and rain that are coming. With that done I am charging batteries and getting ready for the rally at the end of the month @ JC. Anything new on the rally?
Tom

Old 03-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #72
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
NOVAfest

Larry and I are making our lists of what needs to go into the trailer. Larry is working on brakes on the E350 van today. Centramatics and maybe new tires are the next project. We hope that this snow goes away! Looking forward to seeing everyone at Jackson Center!

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:55 PM   #73
Rivet Master

1999 23' Safari
Perrysburg , Ann Arbor
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
Go to the rally calendar and sign in if you can come. We are glad that you are going to be joining us!
Thanks - I never figured out how to do this ... couldn't find any way to RSVP "yes," but I'm planning on attending unless there's some last minute crisis. And I booked a little repair at the factory repair shop for Friday morning ... so I expect to be there! Looking forward to meeting new folks and seeing some of you again!

Ryanh
Old 03-03-2010, 03:21 PM   #74
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirsDream View Post
Thanks - I never figured out how to do this ... couldn't find any way to RSVP "yes," but I'm planning on attending unless there's some last minute crisis. And I booked a little repair at the factory repair shop for Friday morning ... so I expect to be there! Looking forward to meeting new folks and seeing some of you again!

Ryanh
Pleased to hear you are joining us. I've corrected the problem with the sign up page so you can RSVP now, if you like, by going to the Rally Page and scrolling to the bottom. My apologies for the needed correction.

See you there.....
Old 03-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #75
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
thanks

Thanks, Gary! Ignore my email! LOL! You are right on top of the job!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:53 PM   #76
4 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Kenton , Ohio
Charged the batteries, installed them. Turned on propane and got everything to work...even the furnace. I always have a bit of trepidation when I fire everything up...you never know on a 32 year old trailer if things are going to work after sitting for so long. Kind of like me.
Tom
Old 03-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #77
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to memgrove2000
Tired of cooking on the ground!

Yes spring feaver is here too!

I am building a dutch oven table. I plan on having it done before NOVA Fest so I can cook my "pot luck" food on it. I have some wind screns that will be here tomorrow. I hope to have it painted this weekend. Maybe I should be charging our battery and looking for a rebuild kit for the PAR water pump.

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
memgrove2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #78
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Where did the pictures go? Have to look into that

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
Old 03-08-2010, 09:21 AM   #79
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Having a bad week!

Things better get better or March is going to be BAD!

I got my new trailer tires mounted on the newly bead blasted and painted original wheels. They look GOOD, but man was that an expensive little project!

The transmission in the truck was acting funny last year and did not get fixed over the winter. But I have found a "Chevy truck forum" that is run similar to this one. And they helped me get the tranny issues resolved I think!!!

Since the Tranny "issues" have been fixed I figured I would tune up the brakes. BAD idea! I broke both front bleeders off and had to replace the calipers to fix that! Now I cant get the system to bleed out correctly! I will try again tomorrow!

Of course this is during the time I think I will try a new shop for routine service Lube Oil and filter Tire rotation. Kind of place. Last week I went it "Midas on Main" (had a coupon) I walked in around noon and was told I would have to leave it and pick it up the next day (strike one). I made an appointment for the next day. The next day Molly (3 years old) and I go over to have a simple L.O.F. with rotation done. Should take half a hour right? An hour and a half later!!!! I asked "what the heck is going on?" The store manager (that has barley left the chair in the office) Tells me " the "big" lift is down and they cant do the tire rotation." I asked why they don't use a floor jack and some stands? He did not think of that!(strike two) Well molly was getting tired of watching the news and I was getting tired of entertaining her (I thought we would only be there half a hour)(strike three). Told him we needed to be done there. He rang us out and got the truck out of the bay. He said we could come back after Friday afternoon and they would finish the job I had paid for. During this time I start in on the brakes and discover the truck had not gotten greased(strike four). Saturday am. I went back to the shop to get the tires rotated and the grease job done. I mentioned that I had noticed the upper and lower ball joints and the steering linkage had not gotten greased on Thursday. and I had paid for it to be done. They got it in and out quickly and I was on my way. Back home I pulled it right into the garage and started in on finishing out the brakes. One BAD thing led to another BAD thing and by the end of the day Sat I had all the tires off again! and Had to grease the whole friggen truck MYSELF cause they only hit 2 grease zerks on the whole truck(Strike five)! AND NOW I STILL DONT HAVE BRAKES that I feel safe with!

So I guess I put this here because I don't know IF we will be making the trip to Novafest.

This month had better get better SOON! I have not even started with all the Dr. appts and microwave going out, and the bath tub faucet leaking, front post light not working now (more than a bulb) dog to the vet, wife having trouble at work stuff!

SO I say again This month better get better soon!

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
Old 03-15-2010, 07:25 AM   #80
2 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Powell , Ohio
What are the plans for the weekend?

We are getting down to a couple of weeks till the event. Just wondering what if any plans are for the get together. Is there pot lucks planned? I know about the factory tour. Would it be possible to see where the end segments and other elements are produced in addition to the assembly line?

We just got the trailer back from it's winter visit and are trying to think about packing it for the trip.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:15 AM   #81
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Quote:
SO I say again This month better get better soon!
Old 03-15-2010, 04:52 PM   #82
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Hey guys:

We're going to do a partial back-out of this rally. We are watching Andrea's mom's dog while she goes on vacation. We are already paying to board all three of the dogs (mom's and our two) the following weekend while we are traveling. We decided that it would be better if we didn't board the dogs this weekend and instead just come to say hello to everyone.

Was anything ever firmed up for a gathering Sat. afternoon / evening? We doing outside under the awnings or at the Verandah restaurant in town?
Old 03-15-2010, 05:26 PM   #83
Rivet Master

1971 31' Sovereign
1967 22' Safari
1958 22' World Traveler
Pardeeville , Wisconsin
DARN!!! We're hoping to get to Jackson Center, but it will be without an AS and a week later. Would love to have come met some of you, even if we're trailerless that weekend But the following weekend is when the kids have spring break, so can't do much about that.

Wishing you all great weather and a wonderful time!
WBCCI #10917
AIR #32349
TAC #WI-2
aircooled4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:54 PM   #84
4 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Kenton , Ohio
Tbaugh, I was wondering the same thing. When are people rolling in, what are the plans, etc. Anybody know?