Old 02-11-2010, 08:52 AM   #57
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
Too bad it isn't March. We took our AS back to the mother ship for warranty work in late January. We had gotten snowed out the first time we tried. This time, there was snow blowing all around us but we made the trip without a lot of effort. Windy, but we know an Airstream can handle a little wind. They called me yesterday that the work had all been completed and it was ready for pick up. Well, the snow, wind and cold have discouraged me from makeing the 120 mile drive to retrieve the AS so she's still sitting in Jackson Center. They told me to make the trip whenever possible. I'm wondering if I could leave her there until the March get together........no, I don't think so either but it was an awfully good thought. It would be nice to see lots of you again - with trailers in tow and getting past this winter weather!

We're not going to be available during the Nova fest so will not be able to visit - sure would like to. We miss talking AS talk and it's certainly been a winter to talk about. One of these days, it will be over and we can all laugh about it - until then, we have to be careful not to cry too much. We are anxious to retrieve our International from JC to see how they made the necessary repairs - little things that kept bugging us because they didn't work right. They tell me they've fixed them all! Yea!!

Have a successful, fun and safe NOVA fest and we'll see you all down the road sometime. SAFE 'STREAMIN' to all!

Old 02-12-2010, 11:30 AM   #58
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to memgrove2000
Has any one contacted airstream about maybe donating some door prizes for a raffle? I sure could use a couple Fantastic fans, some L.E.D. interior lighting upgrades, a couple tubes of sealant, a bag of Olympic rivets, and a new PAR pump. What do you think will they go for it?

I did not think so either, but the thought (brief as it was ) was nice.

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
memgrove2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:04 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
You and me both, Mike. I was just looking at the fans last weekend. Being that we hope to do some a lot more boondockin' this year, it sure would be nice to have the fans when we can't run A/C.

Gary: got yer ears on? You mentioned that someone from Airstream was trying to contact you and I think you guys were playing voicemail tag. Anything ever come of that?
Old 02-12-2010, 06:30 PM   #60
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Pittsford , Michigan
Draggin Wagin told me if you make an appointment at the Imlay City, Michigan factory, they will install the Fantastic Fans for free. Free is my favorite price.
Bill
"part of the "Forbidden Wheels Clubhouse Recon Team"

"Toast is a tool. It ain't Breakfast!"
Airdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:13 PM   #61
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by atobols View Post
You and me both, Mike. I was just looking at the fans last weekend. Being that we hope to do some a lot more boondockin' this year, it sure would be nice to have the fans when we can't run A/C.

Gary: got yer ears on? You mentioned that someone from Airstream was trying to contact you and I think you guys were playing voicemail tag. Anything ever come of that?
Yes I posted some addtional notes - nothing vital - in the Recruitment Thread.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:39 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Well I have to share a vintage moment related to NOVA.

This fall I finally stripped the multiple layers of 3211 and Byam stickers off the trailer. Presumed these were the original numbers and had contacted the WBCCI to see if they were available. They never were.

Just as the sun was setting and I'm cleaning up the glue residue - the light hits just the right angle and you could barely make out another ghost set of numbers - 5308.

When I called in today to pay my NOVA dues - just on a whim I asked if 5308 was open - and it was. So now my old boy will sport his real original numbers again.

Sometimes a man just gets lucky....
Old 02-12-2010, 11:38 PM   #63
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
There is WiFi at the Terraport, but make sure that someone gets the current password before Service closes.

There is a fair-sized restaurant right next door to JC, but I think you would want to scout it out before committing to it. It's a '70s era look, sort of...
Old 02-13-2010, 07:28 AM   #64
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganglin View Post
Yes I posted some addtional notes - nothing vital - in the Recruitment Thread.
I went back and looked...I guess I expected something more substantial than picnic tables and grills. To me, that's something I leave on someone's voicemail, not ask them to call me back.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:08 AM   #65
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
We can talk about it in our meeting.... It's just simple organization details that have no bearing here.....
Old 02-13-2010, 08:21 AM   #66
4 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Kenton , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganglin View Post
When I called in today to pay my NOVA dues - just on a whim I asked if 5308 was open - and it was. So now my old boy will sport his real original numbers again.
That sure adds a bit to the karma of your trailer. Congrats.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:37 PM   #67
Rivet Master

1999 23' Safari
Perrysburg , Ann Arbor
Help! Back on Jan. 26, I said I had this on my calendar ... meaning I'm planning to attend. Now I do not see myself on the list of attendees. Did I goof? If so, can I still sign up, or not?

Ryanh (AirsDream)
Old 02-14-2010, 05:51 PM   #68
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
yes, sign up

Yep, you can still sign up. Gary said that he wanted us to have sign ups done by the 17th so there are a few more days....(and I think he was going to talk to the folks at the factory and see if there was a chance we could extend that date). Go to the rally calendar and sign in if you can come. We are glad that you are going to be joining us!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:29 PM   #69
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Since we have a small group so far, that won't over crowd the Airstream facilities, we have decided to extend the sign up date for this Rally. The extended date is March 12. We hope you will join us for all or part of this early spring gathering at Airstream.

Link to sign up for the Rally: Airstream Forums - NOVA-fest Rally - Airstream Factory - Jackson Center, OH

If you'd like to use the event have service done at the factory - please contact Airstream as early as possible: http://service.airstream.com/airstre...ice/index.html
Old 02-22-2010, 08:52 PM   #70
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Dan,
Did you see the thread on Saturday that was from a person affiliated with Woodall's.
They mentioned that if you are having a rally with at least 20 attendees they would be willing to donate items for raffles or such?
Al