Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2002, 09:03 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

Motorhome sale, next gathering, good news

Hello all..
Great news today from Dr Joe and Winn.I know that they will enjoy the larger quarters, especially when they are at the lake attacking those fish !
Also good to hear that Fred and family are going to continue to be a proud owner of a silver bullet.
I have been packing the van all evening . Leaving in the morning to check out 2 small Airstream trailers in Fla. One is a 21 ft 1994 model and the other is a 1985 25ft model.
I hope to still attend the future meetings of the Mystic 7 . I'm sure that when more people attend and get to know one another, attendance will soar.
The location of the next meeting is not a concern of mine.
Has anyone heard from Charlie ? I know that he was going to go on vacation when he got back to Houston.
Take care, and for Brett..watch out for those orange devils...sometimes they jump out in front of you when you are not looking.
Regards......Cliff in Indiana
Airstream402001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 09:04 PM   #22
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
Dr Joe,
The fact is that everyone is very happy for you and Winn.
I do not believe for one single moment that anyone tried insinuate anything remotely close to what you are perceiving.
Remember all these Airstream people are just a bunch of nuts.
Long before I met you at the Rally in person, I admired your way of talking to people.
Again, you showed that you have class by coming forward with your concern, valid or not.
It tells me that you and Winn feel like you really made some new friends.
Your friend
PeterH-350LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 09:55 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

Mystic 7 rallyand coveting

Dr Joe
I agree with Peter.
I'm sure that Fred did not not mean to make anyone feel uncomfortable with his remarks. After all,he has to be so cotton pickin happy that they have found a way to keep Jellybeans III, that he has to tell us on this forum tonight. Sometimes, when we are excited about a situation, we don't always choose the best words and phrases.
I thought that the opportunity to visit each other's coaches was one of the best features of the rally. Not to mention the rivet experiences and the very strict instructor.
To answer the question as to why I would sell the coach.......my wife doesn't like to travel and I feel like a dope going down the super slab , one person in a 34 ft vehicle. I'll feel a lot better with a small AS trailer and my trusty van.
Regards........Cliff in God's country, Posey County, USA
Airstream402001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 11:13 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Limited
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
Smile my two cents worth

...not that Fred needs me to defend him, especially since I was laughing when
I read his post, I thought it was just an excuse to tell a joke about wife swapping.
..to Dr. Joe and Winn ,we know when you got Big Girl you didn't even look at other Airstreams.You just saw it and got it. Of course the whole reason we go to rallies is to see what else is out there. You just saw the next ones you wanted to step up into .We think it's so cool that you sold your coach and acquired Cliff's, even tho his doorbell does not light up
I think the word is serendipity that ya'all and Cliff would meet at the rally.
and no one said thou shall not buy thy neighbors coach especially when it's for sale.And Cliff you will always be a Mystic 7 after all you were the first one in camp!
...as for coveting that's was me and those gold records gee I'm sorry and I'm over it
now! I promise I'm happy that Atlanta is Alive and Well! hmm I wonder who told on
me?
CatStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 06:15 AM   #25
Dr Joe

Central , South Carolina
The dynamics of the interaction of the small group of seven that met at Mystic Springs created an environment of fellowship and affiliation of like souls in pursuit of a common iinterest in our Airstream Steeds. The announcement of potential loss of at least one and possibly two of the group created in our opinion a sense of insecurity which apparently spawned an inappropriate expression of this anxiety. Let us return to this aura of closeness among the members of "M7"
Dr Joe and Winn
winner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 06:26 AM   #26
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
Dr Joe,
it is also important to understand the degree of intelligence you will find among Airstream owners.
This is a "true" story from another Airstream Rally:
An owner of 280 MH comes up to a river, when he notices 345 parked on the other side.
He blows his air horn, gets out of his rig and hollers: Hey, partner, how do I get to the other side?
The 345 driver, proudly standing in front of his shiny rig looking somewhat confused, hollers back:
Duuuh, you are on the other side.
Old 04-20-2002, 09:40 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

Well put, Dr. Joe!
eraffety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 01:06 PM   #28
Dr Joe

Central , South Carolina
Re: Motorhome sale, next gathering, good news

Cliff - forgot to tell you when we talked on the phone - I have been in touch with Charlie ( 18 Apr PM) had an email response from him. He has gotten home from his trip, resting and re-organizing, and will try and get the "directory" of the M7 Group out in a few days.
Dr Joe
Quote:
Originally posted by Airstream402001
Hello all..
Great news today from Dr Joe and Winn.I know that they will enjoy the larger quarters, especially when they are at the lake attacking those fish !
Also good to hear that Fred and family are going to continue to be a proud owner of a silver bullet.
I have been packing the van all evening . Leaving in the morning to check out 2 small Airstream trailers in Fla. One is a 21 ft 1994 model and the other is a 1985 25ft model.
I hope to still attend the future meetings of the Mystic 7 . I'm sure that when more people attend and get to know one another, attendance will soar.
The location of the next meeting is not a concern of mine.
Has anyone heard from Charlie ? I know that he was going to go on vacation when he got back to Houston.
Take care, and for Brett..watch out for those orange devils...sometimes they jump out in front of you when you are not looking.
Regards......Cliff in Indiana
Old 04-20-2002, 07:25 PM   #29
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Charleston , West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to ViewRVs
My apologies to Dr Joe and Winn for any misunderstanding! I do have a strange sense of humor. I enjoyed the tour of coaches very much and admired all of the coaches. My attempt at humor was aimed at the fun we all had touring the coaches and admiring the uniqueness of each one.
ViewRVs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 07:40 AM   #30
Dr Joe

Central , South Carolina
Conclusion of an unfortunate misunderstanding

We sincerely appreciate Fred's most gracious explanation of his attempt at humor in connection with the tour of homes at our recent M7 Rally. We in turn, regret an apparently invalid interpretation of the intent and target of the humor. The restoration of equanimity and understanding to our small group of motor home enthusiasts respresents a satisfying conclusion to this entire episode. In summary, one risk of entegrating seniors with youthful conterparts is cognitive comprehension of motive and intent of youthful expression.
Grampa and Gramma
Old 04-21-2002, 03:30 PM   #31
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
beautiful 'big momma"

Dr Joe and Winn,
Wishing you many happy trails with Big Momma!
The M7's
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rearmhs.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	122  
Old 04-21-2002, 04:37 PM   #32
Dr Joe

Central , South Carolina
Many thanks for your kind sentiments and the very nice picture!
Dr Joe and Winn
Old 04-21-2002, 07:20 PM   #33
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Charleston , West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to ViewRVs
What that pictures doesn't show is the 4 foot ladder Cliff had tucked inside that huge storage bin that goes underneath the east-west queen!
ViewRVs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 08:15 PM   #34
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
among the other goodies, Cliff had stashed away back there, like the snap on tire and windshield covers and the coiled air hose that reaches all the way to the front airbags.
Fred, does your 345 have the same storage in that area? Looks big enough to store a bicycle?
In this picture of Big Momma, Cliff is filling the
front Air bags to 55 PSI. I am taking a break from crawling under coaches and am contemplating Cliff's next duty.
Also note the name Airstream on the roof A/C
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	petercliff.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	123  
Old 04-21-2002, 08:44 PM   #35
Dr Joe

Central , South Carolina
I guess there was a lot of things that we haven't inventoried in our initial discussions with Cliff - Primarily if you remember, Winn just fell in love with the Coach, and I agreed - the "small stuff" will be discussed later - It looks even better in these pictures than it did at the Rally
Dr Joe
Old 04-21-2002, 08:48 PM   #36
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
The good Dr Joe enjoying the tour of coaches, visiting Fred's 1985 345
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	drjoefred.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	124  
Old 04-21-2002, 09:04 PM   #37
Dr Joe

Central , South Carolina
Smile

Don't remember that photo being taken!
Old 04-22-2002, 08:07 PM   #38
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
I like the picture Charlie sent us today
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	camel.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	125  
Old 04-24-2002, 11:22 AM   #39
2 Rivet Member

Cool Re: Airstream park

I will look into "The Cherokee Land Yacht Harbor, an Airstream Park, located in the Cookson Hills of beautiful Eastern Oklahoma." The Airstream detailer, Airmark Airstream Detailing http://www.airmarktools.net/detailin...eam/index.html
who is working on our 1981 Excella Diesel, is 60 miles west of their location. They do a lot of work for WBCCI and VAC members so they know the region 9 officers; they will get me the uncensored details and I will pass them along to the group. The location is about as "mid-America" as you can find.

Dick
dienst1 is offline   Reply With Quote