Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-26-2008, 02:46 PM   #29
4 Rivet Member
 
JulianneJ's Avatar
 
2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 491
Images: 30
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ
I play a mean game of pictionary, although its been years. Last weekend camping we got a wicked game of Uno going, I'll bring the cards. Also have another game that can be a fun way to get to know people called Marry, Date or Dump?
__________________

__________________
Julianne Jill Campbell

2003 International CCD
JulianneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:13 PM   #30
Rivet Master
 
TBRich's Avatar

 
2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,483
Images: 64
Julianne...I saw your note in the sign-up page about what's the best way to get to Picacho Peak State Park. It's very easy... Just take I-10 South from Phoenix toward Tucson...it's about half-way to Tucson.

The Park is just west of I-10, and the exit is clearly marked... You will see the rugged Picacho Peak looming so it's hard to miss, and you can even see the park from the interstate. Coming from Phoenix, you will take a right immediatlely after you exit the freeway. (If you turn the wrong way after coming off the freeway, you'll find yourself at the Dairy Queen...not necesarily a bad thing!) Just follow the road to the right as it turns back toward the north, up to the range station. Again, it's well signed. You can get a park map at the rager station. Have a blast! If you're still there on Saturday, we'll see you there!
__________________

__________________
TB & Greg and Abbey Schnauzer
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:18 PM   #31
Rivet Master
 
LHall's Avatar
 
1962 28' Ambassador
Phoenix , Arizona
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 830
Images: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich View Post
Julianne...I saw your note in the sign-up page about what's the best way to get to Picacho Peak State Park. It's very easy... Just take I-10 South from Phoenix toward Tucson...it's about half-way to Tucson.

The Park is just west of I-10, and the exit is clearly marked... You will see the rugged Picacho Peak looming so it's hard to miss, and you can even see the park from the interstate. Coming from Phoenix, you will take a right immediatlely after you exit the freeway. (If you turn the wrong way after coming off the freeway, you'll find yourself at the Dairy Queen...not necesarily a bad thing!) Just follow the road to the right as it turns back toward the north, up to the range station. Again, it's well signed. You can get a park map at the rager station. Have a blast! If you're still there on Saturday, we'll see you there!
Julianne,

An alternate route for you since you are in the West Valley would be to take hwy 85 south through Buckeye and jump on I-8 East to I-10 East and Picacho Peak is a short distance from that point, roughly 15-20 miles.

Going this way you can bypass Phoenix all together.
__________________
Louis & Sergio

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
LHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:07 AM   #32
2 Rivet Member
 
Campaz's Avatar
 
1987 23' Sovereign
Tucson , Arizona
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 48
We'd like to attend. It'll be our first Rally. I will send our application to FCU.
__________________
Campaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:41 AM   #33
Rivet Master
 
Mexray's Avatar
 
1978 28' Ambassador
Morada , California
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,583
Wish we could be there...stopped by two years ago about this time of year...the weather was crisp and clear...the bright desert sunshine in the morning and evening is great!

Pic of the cactus spines and blue sky is a favorite...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5081 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
Views:	79
Size:	257.9 KB
ID:	70298   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5083 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
Views:	70
Size:	253.9 KB
ID:	70299  

__________________
Ray & Pat; Morada, CA
Mexray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:42 AM   #34
Rivet Master
 
Mexray's Avatar
 
1978 28' Ambassador
Morada , California
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,583
close up....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5091 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
Views:	72
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	70300  
__________________
Ray & Pat; Morada, CA
Mexray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:22 PM   #35
Rivet Master
 
LHall's Avatar
 
1962 28' Ambassador
Phoenix , Arizona
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 830
Images: 17
Rally Update

I reserved the group site this afternoon to ensure we had our spot. We currently have the Jackrabbit group area reserved, which will work up to 14 units. If we have more, we can reserve the Quail, hopefully, everyone has seen the calendar and thread that would like to attend. So far we have 7 total signed up with another confirmed but has not signed in to the rally calendar.

We can change the reservation to the larger providing it is still available.

Some have asked about early arrival. If you plan to arrive prior to the start of the rally which is 12-31, you will have to stay in an individual space as the ranger won't allow us to use the group spot without meeting the minimum requirement of 7 units. Check in time for our group space is 3:00pm and check out is 2:00pm on the day of departure.

I hope I have covered everything, let's get the word out and start off the New Year with a bang.
__________________
Louis & Sergio

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
LHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:36 PM   #36
Rivet Master
 
LHall's Avatar
 
1962 28' Ambassador
Phoenix , Arizona
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 830
Images: 17
Another Activity Idea

Since this rally will be right after holidays, it could be fun have a gift exchange.

Everyone receives something that makes you scratch your head and figure out how to get rid of without just throwing it away.

Each trailer could bring an unwanted gift, you know the ones.... art that is not your taste, gag gifts, that 15lb fruit cake that will survive a nuclear blast, or anything you just want to get rid of, but don't want to toss.

Of course wrapped and unmarked for a White Elephant or grab bag exchange.

The more creative, the more interesting this could be.
__________________
Louis & Sergio

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
LHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:49 PM   #37
Rivet Master
 
LHall's Avatar
 
1962 28' Ambassador
Phoenix , Arizona
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 830
Images: 17
Oh yeah, one other thing, Michela... your presence will be requested to deliver the bag of crappy presents as you appropriately pilot your trusty blueboy into the group site.
__________________
Louis & Sergio

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
LHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:56 AM   #38
Rivet Master
 
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,101
QUOTE< Everyone receives something that makes you scratch your head and figure out how to get rid of without just throwing it away.>END QUOTE

Uhm, Richard and Jan...you don't still have any of those Twinkies, do you...?

QUOTE<Oh yeah, one other thing, Michela... your presence will be requested to deliver the bag of crappy presents as you appropriately pilot your trusty blueboy into the group site.>END QUOTE

Alas, our Blueboy went with the Overlander when we sold it...not sure I want to ride in on someone else's...uhm...evacuation route...but I DO have my trusty stick flamingo from my Rodeo TTQ days at the last RMVAC...just not sure if I can 'gallop' in in pink, fluffy flip-flops.
__________________
Michael & Tracy
1989 345 Motorhome
CHARTER MEMBERS: FOUR CORNERS UNIT, AND PROUD OF IT!!!
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:39 AM   #39
4 Rivet Member
 
Motoman's Avatar
 
2005 25' International CCD
1960 18' "Footer"
1959 26' Overlander
Riverside , California
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 334
Images: 3
Gail and I are tentatively in for the New Year. Could be another good one to bring our grandson.
__________________
Don (KD6UVT) & Gail Williams

What do you want to be in life, a spectator or a participant?

SNU #157
FCU #004
Motoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:42 AM   #40
Rivet Master
 
LHall's Avatar
 
1962 28' Ambassador
Phoenix , Arizona
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 830
Images: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIrony-2 View Post
QUOTE< Everyone receives something that makes you scratch your head and figure out how to get rid of without just throwing it away.>END QUOTE

Uhm, Richard and Jan...you don't still have any of those Twinkies, do you...?

QUOTE<Oh yeah, one other thing, Michela... your presence will be requested to deliver the bag of crappy presents as you appropriately pilot your trusty blueboy into the group site.>END QUOTE

Alas, our Blueboy went with the Overlander when we sold it...not sure I want to ride in on someone else's...uhm...evacuation route...but I DO have my trusty stick flamingo from my Rodeo TTQ days at the last RMVAC...just not sure if I can 'gallop' in in pink, fluffy flip-flops.
The stick flamingo is probably a much more dependable steed. Perhaps we will save the blueboys for racing. I am sure Michela will be well represented.
__________________
Louis & Sergio

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
LHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:34 PM   #41
WBCCI 8562
 
Jim in Pima's Avatar
 
1975 31' Sovereign
Pelzer , South Carolina
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 225
Images: 5
Hi all, hope we can make it, we would really like to meet y'all.
Have to check, wifes mother will be with us and does not look like sites have electric. Can we let you know in about 2 weeks???
Newbies so no idea what to expect.
Jim and Karen (and Helen) in Pima AZ
WBCCI 8652
__________________
Jim in Pima Az, enjoying our 1975 31 ft Airstream Sovereign
Jim in Pima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:03 PM   #42
Rivet Master
 
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Pima View Post
Hi all, hope we can make it, we would really like to meet y'all.
Have to check, wifes mother will be with us and does not look like sites have electric. Can we let you know in about 2 weeks???
Newbies so no idea what to expect.
Jim and Karen (and Helen) in Pima AZ
WBCCI 8652
Jim, Karen, and Helen,
You can expect a bunch of...well...meetable people with a tendency to operate just a little off center of the other side...actually, NONE of us ever know what to expect, but we're always pretty pleased. Hope you folks can make it...
mike
__________________

__________________
Michael & Tracy
1989 345 Motorhome
CHARTER MEMBERS: FOUR CORNERS UNIT, AND PROUD OF IT!!!
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4CU 004 : Four corners Unit - New Years Rally at Picacho Peak State Park silverback WBCCI Rallies & Events 167 01-10-2008 12:13 PM
Ohio Peak of Fall Nature Photo Rally DanB Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 15 08-18-2007 08:16 AM
California Hot Springs Rally New Years Eve uwe Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 2 12-09-2004 11:44 AM
Florida New Years non-rally get together thenewkid64 The Rally Zone 20 12-30-2003 11:47 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.