Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #101
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by judithd View Post
WOW, wish we could join you all. Our trailer is in Apache Junction and we are in Alaska until the 10th would love to meet other streamers. When do you plan your next outing. oh, Happy New Years and have a wonderful time. judy and marty
We'd love to have you join us for the next rally...it's over President's Day Weekend in Feb at the Lo Lo Mai Springs Resort near Sedona...info and sign-up at the Forums Rally RSVP Page. You'll find a link there to the discussion thread and a flier with more info. You can PM me for more info as well...
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #102
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard E View Post
Merry Christmas to all, especially Barry and Donna! We had a white (1 inch) Christmas this morning in el Norte. Mostly melted off by the afternoon so we are on our way to Picacho tomorrow morning. Everybody travel safe and, if you are not coming to the NYE rally, we will see you down by the campfire sometime.

Barry & Donna, hope you make it south for February. After President's day, escape to Q Town and go to the Grubstake for fish and chips? I just need to see what happens with Niagara and Victoria - my two cataracts..
Thanks guys - it's been a great Christmas from a people standpoint but like you guys, cool weather makes it less than exciting. Last year we spent Christmas in an orange grove campground in Bakersfield, this year we were at friends and they had snow. Gasp. We are hoping we can make the Feb event, won't know though until mid-January. But gosh, we sure do want to head south....and all the best to you guys. Get those eyes tuned up Howard. Not having great visition is a challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping View Post
Went down and ruined Uwe's schedule today and the trailer is fixed! So we will see you all either Friday or Saturday.

Barry, Do you think you two will make it to the Feb. Rally?
Milo, we are very much hoping to get there. I've got some health stuff to get through and then we will know if we can get health insurance. We will know by mid January, but it is our goal to be at the Feb event although we won't pre-reg until we know if we can head down. We are so hopeful we have the trailer loaded excepting clothes and the food in our fridge, otherwise, two hours of loading and we'll be on the road. Have fun at Picacho - we so wish we were able to be there with such wonderful people - we had so much fun there last year it feels kind of hollow sitting at home this New Years with just the two of us. Oh well........
Old 12-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #103
2 Rivet Member

1979 28' Ambassador
Decatur , Alabama
we will be there Sat had to stay back in Phoenix and help the folks we spend Christmas with.
Looking forward to meeting everyone

Jim & Kathy Bloom
DOCBloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #104
2 Rivet Member

1957 22' Flying Cloud
1949 22' Liner
Camp Verde , Arizona
Just coming down the mountain from the Verde now. Overnighting at the kids' in Phoenix and will be headed to Picacho tomorrow.
(Thanks, Terry, for the plug for February!)
Reg
Old 12-31-2012, 02:01 PM   #105
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Last night was the white elephant gift exchange. What a hoot!

Today we were able to get an Ostrich egg for tomorrows breakfast.

Happy New Year everyone!

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:53 PM   #106
3 Rivet Member

happy new year

happy new year you silver ships of the desert. keep warm and safe and see you down the road. michele,carol,and yoti
dsrtgrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:55 PM   #107
2 Rivet Member

1965 24' Tradewind
Tucson , Arizona
Picacho New Year's Rally

John and I really enjoyed visiting yesterday. Thanks for the tours! We hope we can be ready for the Feb. rally. Lois & John with '65 Tradewind in Tucson.
LoisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #108
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
OK where are the photos? It is New Years day are you all sleeping in?
Sorry we missed the party.Hello to all and HAPPY NEW YEARS.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #109
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Albuquerque , New Mexico
What? No Camera?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
Last night was the white elephant gift exchange. What a hoot!

Today we were able to get an Ostrich egg for tomorrows breakfast.

Happy New Year everyone!
Where are the pictures, Azflycaster?
Four Corners Unit WBCCI #5783
Alumaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #110
2 Rivet Member

2003 25' Safari
Grayling , Michigan
Really, where are the pictures? Enjoyed visiting friends in Tennessee for New Years, but we miss all our Airstream friends. Hope you had a good rally and all have a happy new year. Betty and Mike
cando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #111
BigChubby

1974 Argosy 24
Phoenix , Arizona
Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to everyone for making this newbie feel so welcomed in the group. This being my first rally, I wasn't sure what to expect. But now, I realize I should have done this a long time ago. I feel so lucky to have met such a great group of really nice folks. Hats off to the hosts for an incredible experience!

Here's a link to some pictures...

New Years Rally Pics

I wasn't sure if this was a "What happens in Picacho, stays in Picacho" situation, so please let me know if you see any problems or don't want a particular picture posted and I'll remove it.

Thx,
Chris
P.S. - I'm already working on next year's kazoo playlist.
aznaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #112
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Love This Picture

Perhaps you should enter it in the January Photo Contest. My guess is that he will soon gain "Celebrity" status as he attends more rallies.
This picture has everything; a scenic landmark, a saguaro, an Airstream, some big, honkin', tow-vehicles, and a simian celebrity.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	monkey.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	175754  
Four Corners Unit WBCCI #5783
Alumaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:36 AM   #113
WBCCI 1024,4CU

1985 31' Excella
Lake Havasu , Arizona
Back Home - a little soggy!

Made it back home - a little soggy! We had to depart a tad earlier than we expected too Monday morn early early early. We had popped two t's running to the water heater and the repairs were still not sufficent to keep the drips away. We want to apologize to those around us for any noise that we might of made that awoke you that day. We had a great time and for next years white elephant an Excella-Matic Atomic 5000 instant drip discombobulator and water line sealing wingydingy flange flooper is in the works. LOL Paul & Linda
shivtik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #114
Ladylongwinger

1999 27' Safari
McAllister , Montana
Had a great time, and now I wait...

I really enjoyed meeting you folks at the Picacho Peak rally, and was in awe at the food, the bonfire, and the white elephant gift extravaganza. Seriously, you took this event to a whole new level! I am sitting by the phone now waiting to hear from a Nationwide adjuster about my axle, and at the rate it's going, I may still be here next year for the 2014 rally. Waiting. By the phone....

Have a safe drive home, everyone, and thanks for the great first ever rally for me!

Anne with the falconstream up yonder
Old 01-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #115
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
We are home now , too...the whole 45.9 miles to Tucson from Picacho.

Last night around the fire we still have 14 rigs represented...of the 38 rigs that attended (we had a few cancellations and some didn't make it for various reasons...but we hope to see you next year!). And we hope those of you who couldn't get here can next year...that would be swell.

We had a riot, made a lot of new 4CU friends, saw a bunch of old 4CU friends. Even gained some new 4CU members (yea!)... What a great way to ring in the New Year. Thanks for the pics above, Chris...you pretty much covered everything. I'll try to get some more uploaded soon, too.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #116
Rivet Master

2020 30’ Globetrotter
2001 30' Excella
Phoenix , Arizona
We want to sincerely thank everyone for attending, we had our new turnout yet!

We finally made it home after an eventful afternoon traveling, we were involved in a minor crash on the way home but are both fine we had to be towed from just south of the Phoenix area to our house, the Navigator was not drive able, and is now at the body shop.

We hope everyone makes it home safe and sound!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2096001193.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	465.7 KB
ID:	175784   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2315113532.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	484.1 KB
ID:	175785  

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
LHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #117

Scottsdale , Arizona
I would like to thank everyone at the rally that made "the spartan guy" down the way feel welcomed. I had a great time meeting all of you and don't be surprised if I show up in the neighborhood again. You people are great and I had a wonderful time. Thanks Jeff
jgalin928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #118
2 Rivet Member

1995 25' Excella
Montrose , Colorado
Thanks a million!!

Thanks to all who played a part in organizing this fantastic event. Bob and I had a great time, despite the cold weather which no one could control. Everyone is so warm and welcoming, you can just relax and have a great time. Truly looking forward to the next one, are talking about trying to make the March get together. Don't know yet. We will be in the Arizona area for about another six to eight weeks, but also plan a trip to Dallas to see one of our children. When can we sign up for the balloon festival in Albequerque? We do not want to miss the next one.
Again, thanks to all who made us feel so welcome, and we truly had a great time.

Love

Bob and Pat
Bob 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #119
1 Rivet Member

1988 25' Excella
Tucson , Arizona
Best new years in decades folks!
Thank you for all the help finding the master switch and the no-fuse fuse box.
Enjoyed meeting everyone and the pets.
The yorkie crew was zonked out last night.
Great pics Chris!
Compass Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #120
3 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Scottsdale , Arizona
L&S..OMG! Thank goodness you are both ok!
The I 10 was a little crazy in spots. But so must have been the drivers :O. When we were headed north, the brake lights started, then we saw some police activity. Then we saw a car upside down in the side ditch! And another in the median.

After leaving the park, we stopped at Discount Tire in Casa Grande to check the trailer tires. We needed a little air in them, but while we were there, a 34' AS pulled in alongside us. They lost the middle tire AND wheel of the driver side axel! We suggested Oasis south or Dillons to the east. ....***If you are reading this, we wish you well and hope you made it safely to your destination! ***.

Back near home, we pulled away from our storage facility and got a message re: back tire pressure low on TV...no , we didn't check the truck tires earlier..duh. At home, In the driveway, unpacking, I heard sssssssssssssss. A nail! Back to Discount Tire! The TV took one for the AS!

Minor inconveniences.

Thank you all for a memorable weekend.

And thank you Chris for the photojournalism! Really capturing the essence of the holiday!

B
BAAMbi7 is offline   Reply With Quote