Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-19-2012, 06:07 AM   #21
1 Rivet Member

2005 19' International CCD
Apache Junction , Arizona
I am signed up. I have my firewood and champagne. Since this will be my first rally, I don't know what else is expected. Any advice?
scotiabambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1979 28' Ambassador
Decatur , Alabama
Im new to the Airstream I picked up an 1978 28ft ambassador in July and have been getting it back roadworthy. We are planning to travel with the AS from Decatur AL to Phoenix for Christmas and leave Phoenix on the 27th which matches the N.Y. rally schedule. How does this all work never done this before? When you say a dry camp will there still be electricty?
DOCBloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOCBloom View Post
Im new to the Airstream I picked up an 1978 28ft ambassador in July and have been getting it back roadworthy. We are planning to travel with the AS from Decatur AL to Phoenix for Christmas and leave Phoenix on the 27th which matches the N.Y. rally schedule. How does this all work never done this before? When you say a dry camp will there still be electricity?
Congrats on the AS... Yes, dry camping does mean there are no electrical hookups in the group area where we will be gathering...HOWEVER, there are neighboring electric loops nearby if you need to have hookups...and a couple of folks do that each year...not a problem. It cost more to camp, but you can do it. Check out the 4CU NY's Rally sign up page for more information. Feel free to PM me with an email address and I provide more information...

You're welcome to join us and see what the 4CU is all about! Hope to hear form you!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotiabambi View Post
I am signed up. I have my firewood and champagne. Since this will be my first rally, I don't know what else is expected. Any advice?
Glad youiare planing to come to the rally, Scotiabambi...that's great! It sounds like you are ready...firewood and champagne! There will be some pot lucks and happy hours, as well ... it is dry camping so you need to be prepared for that. Many of us have generators... You can get water at the water station on the way in if you don't want to haul water... and there's also a dump station on the way in. There is also a water spigot and porta-potties in the the group area. And there's plenty of room, so there's no deadline ... and there's no rally fee. It's a great rally, a good number of the members will be there (lat year there were 35 rigs if memory serves) ... and it's an excellent way to ring in the new year and meet your new Airstream camper friends... Free free to PM me if you have more questions...
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 11-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2020 30’ Globetrotter
2001 30' Excella
Phoenix , Arizona
We are still working on the event schedule for the rally ( will not be too extensive) We plan to have at least two potlucks and of course happy hours each evening. We are keeping the potlucks to a minimum, since the happy hours seem to carry over to dinner anyway. We will be continuing the traditional White Elephant Exchange so if you would like to participate, be sure to bring something that you want to get rid of so it can be replaced with other items that you probably will not want or need! Just as in years past...you may bring a gift per rig, or one per person who would like to participate.

For those who have never attended this event, be sure to bring some warm jackets, gloves etc.... as the nights can get chilly, if we stay in line with our weather we are planning on warm days and chilly nights. Since we are dry camping, quiet generators are allowed and solar works very well in this setting. We will have plenty of generators available to charge batteries should the need arise.

There is a water fill station at the entrance to the group area and one near the dump station that you will pass enroute to the group area.

The group area is a very large paved loop that will accomodate 75 trailers or so, we will have plenty of space and have room to spread out a bit. There are 3 ramadas in the center of the group area with electricity.

There is a very large goup fire pit and we will have a nice campfire each evening so be sure to bring some firewood to contribute to the group fire. The park does not allow picking up debris and dead wood for burning as it is a protected natural desert setting. Additionally, there are no fireworks allowed in the park.

For those who like to hike, Picacho is one of the best rated hikes in Arizona. Be sure to bring your camera as the sunsets are spectacular in the Sonoran Desert.

We will be posting the agenda once we have it finalized. If in the meantime, there are any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. You may contact me directly or post any questions here.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting the many new folks who are planning to attend!

lhall15690@aol.com
480-748-8955

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
LHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

1970 25' Tradewind
San Antonio , Texas
Planning to be there & ring in 2013 with ya'll!
Victoria & Joseph
2Tex4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

2000 34' Excella
Tucson , Arizona
Just signed up. Maybe will use it as a kickoff to a longer trip, maybe the canyon, route 66, crater, etc. Kind of an AZ tour 2013.
elolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Just a heads up that Louis & Sergio have announced an extension of the depart-date for the New Year's Rally to Wednesday, 2 Jan instead of the original Tuesday 1 Jan... That's probably a good thing so if folks don't want to tow "the day after the night before" they won't feel compelled to do so. Thanks, Louis & Sergio!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 12-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #29
R n B

1965 17' Caravel
1961 24' Tradewind
Ephrata , Washington
Well crud. We will not be able to make it again this year. It just isn't working out. We will miss the good times and great friends. Roger and Bonnie
King O D Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Bummer, Roger & Bonnie... We will certainly miss you two and your fantastic cute-as-a-bug's-ear-rig...always fun to see you both... We'll toast you at midnight and we wish you a Happy and Healthy 2013! (And hope to see you down here NEXT year!)
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 12-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2020 30’ Globetrotter
2001 30' Excella
Phoenix , Arizona
It's on! we have found the tackiest White Elephant Gifts Yet!.... Don't forget to bring a white elephant gift for each person who would like to participate in your party. It is not mandatory, but sure is a lot of fun!

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
Old 12-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #32
Ladylongwinger

1999 27' Safari
McAllister , Montana
I will be making this my first Airstream rally, yea! Driving from central Oregon, not yet sure whether I'll be coming down Nevada or CA, as it will be somewhat weather dependent. Looking forward to meeting you folks. Would appreciate some pointers about the pot lucks, etc. as I've not been to a rally yet. Thanks!
Old 12-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #33
3 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Livingston , Texas
We really want to be there but it's just too late in our planing to make it. I will send some pictures from our new hosting site here in Washington on New Year's day, I know Richard will be checking in from time to time. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Mike, Sheri, Cooper, Smoky and Barniby.
sailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladylongwing View Post
I will be making this my first Airstream rally, yea! Driving from central Oregon, not yet sure whether I'll be coming down Nevada or CA, as it will be somewhat weather dependent. Looking forward to meeting you folks. Would appreciate some pointers about the pot lucks, etc. as I've not been to a rally yet. Thanks!
Bring something that is easy to prepare and figure on enough to feed yourself and some others. You don't need to bring enough for everyone. One normal serving dish is plenty.

You can bring snacks or side dishes or main course or desert or salad or ???

It really is that uncomplicated as everything always works out in the end and no one has ever gone hungry at one of our potlucks.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2020 30’ Globetrotter
2001 30' Excella
Phoenix , Arizona
Okay,

This link is now live on the sign up page, it will allow everyone to review the master list of attendees. This form will automatically update as each new person signs up. We have had many folks inquire about who is coming and from where, since some may like to caravan to the rally or meet up along the way.

List of Attendees

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
Old 12-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2020 30’ Globetrotter
2001 30' Excella
Phoenix , Arizona
We have published the Agenda to the Rally Page Here is the Link:

New Year's Eve Rally Agenda

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
Old 12-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #37
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1985 25' Sovereign
South Central Rockies... , "...'Stream'n the Dream" thru the USA
Great Looking Schedule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHall View Post
We have published the Agenda to the Rally Page Here is the Link:

New Year's Eve Rally Agenda

We just signed up a couple days ago, Louis!

Your "Plan-of-the-Days" looks like a blast.

Can't wait to link-up with the coolest Airstreamers in the "most fun unit" in the WBCCI.

Cheers!

WBCCI: 2197; AIR #: 36503; TAC #: NM-5

MaxAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #38
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Art,
Bring your desert golf club(s), maybe we can get a tournament going...

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #39
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1985 25' Sovereign
South Central Rockies... , "...'Stream'n the Dream" thru the USA
Will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
Art,
Bring your desert golf club(s), maybe we can get a tournament going...
A nasty 7-iron is in the load-out plan, for sure!

Maybe yellow tennis balls this time?

See you then, amigo!

WBCCI: 2197; AIR #: 36503; TAC #: NM-5

MaxAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #40
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
I must compliment Louis & Sergio on on how they are posting the attendee list, agenda and Google sign-up pages (all links now found on the Forums Rally Sign-up Page). It's all pretty slick, and all the information is available so folks know who's coming, what's in store each day so we can all get ready for a moy bueno time! Thanks guys! Great job!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI