View Poll Results: What's Your Choice For Friday Nights Soup Selection?
Clam Chowder 10 50.00%
French Onion Soup 4 20.00%
Clam Chowder & French Onion Soup 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2006, 06:28 PM   #113
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
An even better idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M CAPECOD
You could always nuke the potatoes first, I'm sure we have microwaves in a few of our airstreams. Then throw them on a couple grills to finish them up and crisp the outside. That's what we do when we're cooking on the grill and don't want to turn the oven on for an hour before we start grilling. I don't know when the last time I used the oven just to bake potatoes, if it's already on for something else it's different.
Great, even easier. I'll just need to take the bread and potato chips out of my microwave oven first.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:38 PM   #114
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
Cape Cod , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt
Great, even easier. I'll just need to take the bread and potato chips out of my microwave oven first.
I always wondered why we had a 1500 watt bread box. We just built a cabinet above the microwave to store our chips and bread in. Should make it easier to heat up the Uncle Ben's 90 second rice pouch. If you haven't tried it yet do, it's made meal prep a breeze for camping. No longer do you have to let your grilled veggies and meat get cold while you wait for your rice pilaf to finish cooking.

WBCCI #9204, Region 1, 1st VP NEU
TAC #MA-4
M&M CAPECOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:55 PM   #115
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M CAPECOD
I always wondered why we had a 1500 watt bread box. We just built a cabinet above the microwave to store our chips and bread in. Should make it easier to heat up the Uncle Ben's 90 second rice pouch. If you haven't tried it yet do, it's made meal prep a breeze for camping. No longer do you have to let your grilled veggies and meat get cold while you wait for your rice pilaf to finish cooking.
Cool, I'm going to have to take a peek at your new cabinet to see if this is something we can do in "The Tube". I don't remember if we have much space above the microwave in our rig though. I wish my Airstream's skin restoration was complete and it was home as I've got a ton of things that still need to be done to the inside before camping season begins.

I didn't even know Uncle Ben had such a product. I'll check it out!

Old 02-24-2006, 12:39 PM   #116
Pam
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
1968 24' Tradewind
Northborough , Massachusetts
Volunteer Oven

I am volunteering the use of the motorhome microwave/convection oven. We can partially cook and throw on the grill as stated by M&M.

In teh new club supplies, I thougth we had warming pans. Can we cook ahead and throw them in there?
Old 02-24-2006, 02:08 PM   #117
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
I think there are three warming pans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam
I am volunteering the use of the motorhome microwave/convection oven. We can partially cook and throw on the grill as stated by M&M.

In the new club supplies, I thought we had warming pans. Can we cook ahead and throw them in there?
And we also now have that insulated box thingie with shelves that's designed to keep food hot for a couple of hours that we can use.

Old 02-25-2006, 04:07 PM   #118
4 Rivet Member

2007 30' Classic
marlborough , Massachusetts
Just returned from sunny south Florida. Sure is cold here! The club has three warming pans but I think that cabinet thing we have would work best. Just leave the potatoes in the foil and throw them in it. I know restaurants bake all the potatoes for the evening before the dinner crowd has arrived. They leave them in warming ovens or on top of the deck ovens. I will cook some in my trailer unless I have power problems like last year!!! I couldn't use electric there for some reason. Kept blowing out. The unit trailer is in Marlborough. Let us know when you want to pick it up Michelle.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:08 AM   #119
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine L
...The unit trailer is in Marlborough. Let us know when you want to pick it up Michelle.
What size is the coupler? does it have brakes? I'm only setup for a 2 5/16ths ball...I'd imagine that this one is smaller.

we're headin' for sunny FL next week.

for now, though...I gotta go plow some snow. brrrrr!
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 06:16 AM   #120
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
Pelham , New Hampshire
Smile Nesco Roaster Oven

Hi Guys, I miss everybody and can't wait for Salisbury Beach. I HATE WINTER IN NEW ENGLAND. I guess I'm getting old and crotchety. I need to camp and have fun.
By the way, we have a NESCO roaster oven that we bought at Sam's a few years ago and hardly ever used, so we'd like to donate it to the group. We'll bring it with us to Salisbury. Maybe we can use that for something.
Tell me about the potato thing. Do we bring our own potatoes and toppings or how does this work?
The electric hook-ups at Salisbury last year were all 20 AMPS and severely over used but Bob and I took a trip to the campground in December and saw that they are putting all new 30 and 50 AMP services to the sites. This should help especially if we need to use our AIR CONDITIONERS in APRIL.
bobandcarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 06:41 AM   #121
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
I don't mind the winter, it is the No snow one day snow the next that is getting to ME! Warm weatha is a commin!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0098-a.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	18718  
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:55 PM   #122
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandcarla
Hi Guys, I miss everybody and can't wait for Salisbury Beach. I HATE WINTER IN NEW ENGLAND. I guess I'm getting old and crotchety. I need to camp and have fun.
By the way, we have a NESCO roaster oven that we bought at Sam's a few years ago and hardly ever used, so we'd like to donate it to the group. We'll bring it with us to Salisbury. Maybe we can use that for something.
Tell me about the potato thing. Do we bring our own potatoes and toppings or how does this work?
The electric hook-ups at Salisbury last year were all 20 AMPS and severely over used but Bob and I took a trip to the campground in December and saw that they are putting all new 30 and 50 AMP services to the sites. This should help especially if we need to use our AIR CONDITIONERS in APRIL.
Sorry bobandcarla, I missed seeing this post! Roaster Oven for the Unit will be fantastic! We are getting to have a really decent mobile kitchen now...

Baked Potatos will be provided by your host (Hey, that's me!). Attendees bring toppings to share. We'll set it up buffet style under our unit tent. We plan to have a salad to go along with the spuds. Topping ideas: Chili, cheese, chives, butter, bacon, beef stew, hot sauce (that's for me), etc. When it gets closer to our rally date I'll be asking folks to tell me what they plan to bring so that we don't end up with say, only bacon.

Old 03-01-2006, 03:58 PM   #123
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine L
Just returned from sunny south Florida. Sure is cold here! The club has three warming pans but I think that cabinet thing we have would work best. Just leave the potatoes in the foil and throw them in it. I know restaurants bake all the potatoes for the evening before the dinner crowd has arrived. They leave them in warming ovens or on top of the deck ovens. I will cook some in my trailer unless I have power problems like last year!!! I couldn't use electric there for some reason. Kept blowing out. The unit trailer is in Marlborough. Let us know when you want to pick it up Michelle.
Hi Elaine L.

We'll send you an email. I'm sure Leon will ask the same questions Chuck has posted about the unit trailer. I never think of such things....

Old 03-01-2006, 04:22 PM   #124
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt
When it gets closer to our rally date I'll be asking folks to tell me what they plan to bring so that we don't end up with say, only bacon.
You can count me in for bringing "ham"...specifically "boiled ham"...perhaps even ... but only if my friend over59 is coming because he enjoys it sooooo much.

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:31 PM   #125
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukionna
You can count me in for bringing "ham"...specifically "boiled ham"...perhaps even ... but only if my friend over59 is coming because he enjoys it sooooo much.
Yummy! Boiled ham with soggy peas on top of spuds. Sounds delightful.

Old 03-01-2006, 04:55 PM   #126
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukionna
SPAM! I LOVE SPAM! Fried with mustard!... Mmmmmmmmmmm

'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote