Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-06-2009, 07:32 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Should we bother booking our spots for this time of the year?

I would think they are pretty empty.

If I'm wrong what range of numbered spots should we do?
Last year there were hundreds of empty sites at Ocean Lakes. The sites along the beach are most likely sold out at this point. You will be able to walk up and land a site a row or two in from the beach.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:14 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
What section of the campground - HH, H, I, 2000 ?
WDCU
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:17 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
We are all signed up with the campground for 2026. Prehaps we'll change when we get there if another is available. They have limited sites available online. Suspect there are more than what shows online.

We will be leaving RI the morning of 26th unless the weather is bad. Overnight on the way down and avail 12/27.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:50 AM   #24
Rivet Master

We are on site B-2134

We are in the B section, I think site 2134 (but don't hold me to it) ocean front. We've been getting that site now for 3 years. I will be sure to bring the two big pots for the spaghetti sauce, I can see many quarts having to be made (It's my, momma's, grand momma's, great grand momma's, fifth cousin's bother's, uncle's secret recipe) and it's good enough to make your tounge slap your brains out.

If all goes well, we'll be there mid-day on the 26th. Look's like we have everything from Past Region VP's to Present VAC Region Reps, New trailers, Vintage trailers and I think a motorhome.

This rally (that's not really a rally) is open to all! WBBCI, non-WBCCI, forum members, red numbers, blue numbers, no numbers at all, the intent of this rally is to relax, enjoy, make new friends, catch up with old ones, have your kid learn how to ride a two wheeler, etc....

As said before, don't expect coffee+dognuts in the morning, there is no rally fee, I'm sure we'll have a few happy hours and a Spaghetti Dinner on 29th for my daughter 8th birthday.

See ya there!
Old 12-06-2009, 12:02 PM   #25
IH Collector

1963 16' Bambi
1989 29' Excella
Cumberland , Rhode Island
We're Coming!

Paul, Paul and Pam,

We just signed up for space 2027 arriving the 27th. We're planning to caravan down with Paul and Jane. Hope the weather cooperates.

We're looking forward to a mid-winter outing. Paul
Old 12-06-2009, 04:46 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
We will be in the vicinity of 2074.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:14 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

2008 16' Bambi
New York , New York
Paul,
I am looking forward to Myrtle. Do you know how many rigs are planning to be there?
Jane
ITsIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #28
Rivet Master

I know we have 10+ trailers showing up, last I checked.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:50 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Thumbs up

Make that 11+ trailers. Site I-70 for the first 2 days. After that, who knows?
WDCU
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:14 AM   #30
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Considered until

Paul,

We considered but since this is VAC associated, we won't be coming... sorry buddy!

Rob
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:13 PM   #31
3 Rivet Member

2008 16' Bambi
New York , New York
Oh Rob, this is just a wonderful get together, and we want to be part of Finn's first Airstream trip, by then he will be 4 weeks old and definitely time to hit the road. I hope you will reconsider.
Jane
Old 12-08-2009, 10:15 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

2008 16' Bambi
New York , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
I know we have 10+ trailers showing up, last I checked.
That is great, sounds like a nice turn out. I can't wait!
Jane
Old 12-09-2009, 04:28 AM   #33
Rivet Master

Rob, don't do that to your family

Rob,

FYI, this is actually my family’s vacation that we had start doing back a couple of years ago. As a member in the WDCU, I was asked to write up something for the news letter. I wrote up a story of how our family went to Myrtle Beach over Christmas and had such a “GREAT” time. Last year, people asked if I was going back once again to Myrtle Beach, the answer was “Yes”, others thought it too was a great idea and joined us. Last year we had about 5 other trailers including my sister sleeping in the back of her van. We all had a great time, with no plans, other than Virginia’s birthday dinner, which I cook.

I was asked, once again this year, if I was going to Myrtle Beach by your WDCU leader, the answer once again, “YES”. I was ask if I would like to host the rally, I said, it’s more of a family vacation for us, but yes, I would host “The Rally that’s not really a Rally”.

In a effort to share the fun we have during that week with others and to give people a reason to get their trailers out one last time before winter really sets in, I thought, lets make it “MORE” than a WDCU Rally, “MORE” than a VAC Rally, but open it to anyone and everyone that wants to join. My sister is showing up this year in an SOB, I don’t care, she like others are there to have fun. She is surprising Virginia by bringing Virginia’s 7 and 10 year cousins (boy 7 , girl 10)

Rob, if “YOU” want to keep your family sitting up there in Upstate New York in the cold during the week of Christmas right after your wife gave birth to your forth son in the freezing cold instead of giving your family the chance to ride their bikes on the beach, play in the sand, show off the new son, give joy to my daughter by letting her see and ride bikes with your sons, because of the simple thing of me saying this was a joint WDCU-VAC rally (Which if you look in the VAC news letter or the web site, there’s no mention of this rally) and the fact that you are trying to prove a point, I’m sorry!

If you don’t want to or can not come down, I understand, you got a bunch on your plate. But don’t use the excuse of this whole VAC thing as the reason not to join us. I’ll be sure to tell Virginia the reason why you could not bring your family down, (I’m sure she’ll understand!). Don’t take something away from your family Rob over something like this.

Better yet, I’ll have Virginia give you a call and you can explain to her the reason, (I wish you luck with that one, because you know she’s smarter than you and I put together).

Or, if you don’t want to come, please send Zoe and the Boys, I’m sure we can find room for her and the boys in my sisters SOB with two side outs!

Hope you change your mind.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:03 AM   #34
3 Rivet Member

2008 16' Bambi
New York , New York
Well said Paul, Rob I hope you change your mind too.
Jane
Old 12-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #35
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Just heard from Airstream Pete - he and his gal will be in Myrtle from 12/26-12/28. That give me one raucous night to drink some whiskey with my WBCCI godfather.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:15 AM   #36
3 Rivet Member

2008 16' Bambi
New York , New York
It is so cold in NYC today, I can't wait to be in Myrtle
Old 12-17-2009, 06:07 PM   #37
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Tell me about it!

I was working around the yard all day, at 4:00 the the temp took a dive with the sun.

Just hope we get clear weather leaving on the 27th to Williamsberg first then onto the beach.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:16 PM   #38
Rivet Master

We had one more sign up today, Kim/Danee and the boys from the WDCU.

We also had one drop out, Bob T our Region 1 Past Prez has had to cancel on us, our prayers are with your wife and you in hopes of a speedy recovery. If there's anything we can do for your wife, let us know.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:12 PM   #39
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Can't come now!

Paul,

We love the snow! This time of year up here is merry! Snow toys abound! Sledding down the hills galore - hot cocoa - mmmmmm!

Now that I've departed the WBCCI all together, I'm going to just kick back for a while Paul - and doing things just as us, as a family, my boys will really appreciate that... yes, we'll miss you guys tons! But I've stepped away for a reason - a principal that my boys understand as their dad has some pretty strong values. I'd rather invest with Madoff than give more $$ to the WBCCI leaders.

I know you all will have a great time.. but dress warm - Dec 26 high of 49, low of 40.. not exactly bike riding weather my friend. See you down the road!

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
Rob,

FYI, this is actually my family’s vacation that we had start doing back a couple of years ago. As a member in the WDCU, I was asked to write up something for the news letter. I wrote up a story of how our family went to Myrtle Beach over Christmas and had such a “GREAT” time. Last year, people asked if I was going back once again to Myrtle Beach, the answer was “Yes”, others thought it too was a great idea and joined us. Last year we had about 5 other trailers including my sister sleeping in the back of her van. We all had a great time, with no plans, other than Virginia’s birthday dinner, which I cook.

I was asked, once again this year, if I was going to Myrtle Beach by your WDCU leader, the answer once again, “YES”. I was ask if I would like to host the rally, I said, it’s more of a family vacation for us, but yes, I would host “The Rally that’s not really a Rally”.

In a effort to share the fun we have during that week with others and to give people a reason to get their trailers out one last time before winter really sets in, I thought, lets make it “MORE” than a WDCU Rally, “MORE” than a VAC Rally, but open it to anyone and everyone that wants to join. My sister is showing up this year in an SOB, I don’t care, she like others are there to have fun. She is surprising Virginia by bringing Virginia’s 7 and 10 year cousins (boy 7 , girl 10)

Rob, if “YOU” want to keep your family sitting up there in Upstate New York in the cold during the week of Christmas right after your wife gave birth to your forth son in the freezing cold instead of giving your family the chance to ride their bikes on the beach, play in the sand, show off the new son, give joy to my daughter by letting her see and ride bikes with your sons, because of the simple thing of me saying this was a joint WDCU-VAC rally (Which if you look in the VAC news letter or the web site, there’s no mention of this rally) and the fact that you are trying to prove a point, I’m sorry!

If you don’t want to or can not come down, I understand, you got a bunch on your plate. But don’t use the excuse of this whole VAC thing as the reason not to join us. I’ll be sure to tell Virginia the reason why you could not bring your family down, (I’m sure she’ll understand!). Don’t take something away from your family Rob over something like this.

Better yet, I’ll have Virginia give you a call and you can explain to her the reason, (I wish you luck with that one, because you know she’s smarter than you and I put together).

Or, if you don’t want to come, please send Zoe and the Boys, I’m sure we can find room for her and the boys in my sisters SOB with two side outs!

Hope you change your mind.
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:22 PM   #40
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe View Post
I know you all will have a great time.. but dress warm - Dec 26 high of 49, low of 40.. not exactly bike riding weather my friend.
Those temps ARE bike riding temps. Hopwever, they are NOT swimming temps. Although this year I do want to attempt the Polar Bear club. Last year Sonia was the only one brave enough to take the plunge.

Those temps are perfect campfire temps. We will be huddling close to the campfire and propane heaters. We will be Airstreaming!