Old 02-01-2008, 02:53 PM   #15
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by henw
We are considering trading our AS TT for an AS motorhome. For those of you in MH's, would we be as welcome at a WBCCI rally?...
which model, era and style of a/s moho?

many class a diesel a/s moho owners i've met (that aren't wbcci/ibt bobbleheads)...

enjoy and have more in common with fmca or the good sam club...

and these groups have rallies that often better fit the modern larger moho owners needs...

like 50 amp service...

so why are u considering the change?

i mean besides more space and storage capacity, better floor plans, easier setup and fewer surface issues?

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 05:16 PM   #16
Liquid Cooled

2014 16' Sport
Columbus , Indiana
Bring donuts.

mmmmm, donuts

Old 02-02-2008, 05:56 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
No problems with my B-van at Washington, DC Unit rallies. I wondered about this, too, before I went to my first one, but they welcomed me like part of the family.

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 06:51 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by henw
We are considering trading our AS TT for an AS motorhome. For those of you in MH's, would we be as welcome at a WBCCI rally? I suspect it would be a non-issue for most folks. But, you never know.

Tom W
Hey Tom,

You will be welcomed. Our WBCCI Unit is made up of a great mixture of Airstream products and every member is valued. Fact is most of my family is into Airstreaming and the Airstream Club (WBCCI). My parents have a 2001 MH, we have a 1993 Excella and my sister and her husband have a vintage 1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0. We all belong to the NEU and are having a great time camping and traveling with this club.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:44 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

1998 36' Land Yacht Widebody
Ft. Lauderdale , Florida
This is an old thread but thought I would post an update. Owned my diesel AS Landyacht since 2015 and have always been welcomed with open arms at the Airstream events attended. At the Montana Rally, everyone wanted to see the interior so after a tour, it was the talk of the campfire that night.

However, I did hear a negative comment from a new AS Interstate Class B owner about going to Tin Can Trailer event in Florida. They would not allow him to park the motorhome in the trailer area and instead made him leave it in the public parking lot. When questioned why, they said cause it was fiberglass and not a trailer.

I'll be at the Michigan International Rally in July so hope to see all types of Airstreams there. You will find me in the generator lot..haha!
Old 03-03-2017, 03:18 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
2000 31' Land Yacht
Tampa , Florida
Thank you for updating this thread!!

We are relative newbies to airstreaming. Health issues will mean no more tt, so we were considering a MOHO. We were trying to stay with AS to be able to continue with new acquaintances and destinations.
Our concern was being included in unit and club activities--our prime reason for staying with the brand.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:33 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1997 View Post
This is an old thread but thought I would post an update. Owned my diesel AS Landyacht since 2015 and have always been welcomed with open arms at the Airstream events attended. At the Montana Rally, everyone wanted to see the interior so after a tour, it was the talk of the campfire that night.

However, I did hear a negative comment from a new AS Interstate Class B owner about going to Tin Can Trailer event in Florida. They would not allow him to park the motorhome in the trailer area and instead made him leave it in the public parking lot. When questioned why, they said cause it was fiberglass and not a trailer.

I'll be at the Michigan International Rally in July so hope to see all types of Airstreams there. You will find me in the generator lot..haha!
I can guarantee that never happened at an official tin can tourist event.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:08 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Barry's Bay , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by avionstream View Post
I can guarantee that never happened at an official tin can tourist event.

Really????
I went to Mardi Gras way back in 1992 with a 1990 Airstream Classic 345
We all stayed in a football stadium.

The Airstream trailer people treated us like we had a foreign disease!!!

They crossed the street to avoid us!!

The beat goes on
I left wbcci
Never to return
Old 03-03-2017, 07:55 PM   #23
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaValleyGuy View Post
Really????
I went to Mardi Gras way back in 1992 with a 1990 Airstream Classic 345
We all stayed in a football stadium.

The Airstream trailer people treated us like we had a foreign disease!!!

They crossed the street to avoid us!!

The beat goes on
I left wbcci
Never to return
That was not a tin can tourist event, I would imagine. Tct have nothing to do with the AS clubs.google tin can tourist.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:14 PM   #24
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
The difference between a AS Classic moho and an AS trailer? The trailer guy is one motor short of a full load.

Cheers
Tony

Its a recession when your neighbor loses his job; its a depression when you lose your own. "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:49 PM   #25
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California
I really don't know, but the GBAASC president welcomed us into the unit at our first WBCCI rally. We don't have a MoHo, but he does. A rather large group of WBCCI members spent much of a day helping him troubleshoot an electrical problem, so I think they like him. There was also an Interstate at the rally and everyone seemed to talk to them. This year, the Interstate brought their grandson and it was high fives all around. At our last rally, we saw our first B-van. A really cool and cost effective way to own an AS. So, I think good people are welcome, no matter what AS product they have. If it's not that way where you live, move on out to California. Always room for an ASer. Pat
Old 07-05-2017, 07:33 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member

1989 32' Excella
Sharon Springs , New York
A very interesting thread, I have had a few RVs, including a MoHo, still have my Lance slide-on in addition to my AS (my first). I have been very fortunate not to have experienced any brand/type of snobbery. Most people are very friendly, especially when you say hi to them. I have found that every RV has something neat about them and folks respond well to compliments on their rigs. Going to my first WBCCI Rally at the end of July and hope I don't see/experience any snobbery as I tend to bring
folks up on their self-awareness when that
occurs. I have a "tweener" AS, a 1989, which is not a newer sophisticated rig or old enough to be "vintage". However, it is still an AS, just like your MoHo rig!! : ) I personally would enjoy seeing your rig on the road or at a rally!! Travel Safe!!
Old 07-05-2017, 08:30 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
Been on a lot of caravans and a lot of rallies with both trailers an motorhomes and vans. No problems because of the type of camper.

The WBCCI had some internal issues about whether to open the club up to other brands of motorhomes but I think that issue is dead now. The issue did not extend to the rallies and caravans. It was simply not voted in by the membership. (twice, I think).

Wish Airstream still made a motor home.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:52 AM   #28
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M. View Post
Been on a lot of caravans and a lot of rallies with both trailers an motorhomes and vans. No problems because of the type of camper.

The WBCCI had some internal issues about whether to open the club up to other brands of motorhomes but I think that issue is dead now. The issue did not extend to the rallies and caravans. It was simply not voted in by the membership. (twice, I think).

Wish Airstream still made a motor home.
They do, its called an Interstate