Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2014, 05:03 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

Central Florida , Florida
Mississippi Palisades SP Rally

The WBCCI Northern Illinois Unit is holding its next rally at the Mississippi Palisades State Park in Savana Illinois from Friday, August 22 to Sunday, August 24th.

Mississippi Palisade State Park
16327A IL Rte. 84
Savanna, IL 61074

We will be rallying in sites in the 60 to 80 range.
1172 Dave & Dolores in site 64
1175 Bob & Sandy in site 63

The group site activities (breakfast, diner, games, happy hour, etc) will be held in site 63 or 64 to be determined upon arrival.

Activities in Galena on Saturday

Click trails for information on the ten trails in the park.

All Airstream owners are invited to join us. This rally is also an official "buddy rally" where a unit member can invite a non Airstream friend (buddy) to join us.

We will have a happy hour at 5:00 pm on Friday and Saturday. We will have several grills available at the group meeting site (63 or 64) for cooking of breakfast and diner on Saturday. We will start cooking at 6:00 pm and have our group diner at 6:30 pm. Bring your own entree to cook and a side dish to pass. You need to bring your own dishes, tableware, and drinks.

We will have a group fire Saturday evening.

We look forward to seeing you all.

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab CTD
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:38 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Here is the link to the Airforums Sign Up Sheet that is on the Airforums calendar.

You can use this sheet to RSVP.

2008 Classic 34
Old 07-27-2014, 01:15 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

Rally Movie

We are planning on playing the movie "The Long Long Trailer" with Lucile Ball and Desi Arnez on Saturday evening using the side of an Airstream as the screen. (Weather permitting.)

2008 Classic 34
Old 08-19-2014, 08:42 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

The rally is this weekend. The weather will be on the warmer side around 89 degrees. We will have ten or more Airstream RV's and 3 SOB buddies as this is a "buddy rally".

We will have a tech time on Saturday afternoon. Saturday evening we will be showing "The Long Long Trailer" with Lucy and Desi. Do you know what type and length of trailer was used in this movie? You may be surprised to learn that it is shorter than an Airstream 34. The movie implies that it is a 40 footer but in reality it was not.

We will also have a group campfire.

We may also end up with a new bean bag champion.

It will be a great time.

2008 Classic 34
Old 08-24-2014, 02:10 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
What started out to be a week-end of camping with another WBCCI Airstream unit turned into disaster. First, after having the AS "fixed" due to NO electricity; again we had NO electricity. To top that off, it was a HOT, humid and wet week-end. Rain, rain and more rain so spent alot of time inside.
What a way to welcome visitors, actually they had nothing to do with my problem or the weather. What time we could visit, we had a good time.
Dana and I enjoy putting faces with the names we come across on the different forums.
Thanks for the week-end Dave and all.
See you down the road.
Mike
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 02:59 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Doug and I were at Mississippi Palisades with our first RV, summer of 2002.

It couldn't have been hotter or steamier, but at least we had electricity and the AC. Cannot imagine suffering thru that heat without it.

I remember us hiking up to the top of the bluff there, with our aging Brittney Spaniel, and collapsing at the overlook for an hour or so....where there was a cool breeze and temps were about 10 degrees cooler than in the lowlands.

Let the sweat dry off us and then hiked back down.

August in the Midwest.

It is a beautiful park, tho, and bald eagles to be seen there in early spring.

Maggie
Old 08-25-2014, 07:57 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2005 39' Skydeck 390 SD
Hillsboro , Texas
I guess you make the best out of it. It was a nice weekend and it was nice seeing new faces.
I just got eaten alive by Mosquitos teaches me to wear long pans.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
PSchw is offline   Reply With Quote