Old 01-05-2003, 10:45 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Mardi Gras Rally

Hello all I am a brand new member of the WBCCI still awaiting my numbers. I have signed up for the Rally in New Orleans for Mardi Gras. Is any body on the forums also attending? Has anyone attended in the past?
-Matthew

Old 01-06-2003, 09:54 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

New Orleans

I am interested as well. I'd also like to know of CG's or parks close by to stay at. I am planning to go there soon, if not Mardi Gras then Jazzfest. where is the rally being held? Anybody knowledgable of the area? Thanks in advance.

Old 01-07-2003, 08:42 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Last year the Rally was held at Tad Gormely Staduim at City Park. I think they go there every year. Trailers are parked around the
outside of the stadium.
Tad Gormley Link

Other RV groups are at various locations through out the park.

My choice would be.

Bayou Segnette Link

The picture on the to the left was taken at Bayou Segnette.

You will find it hard to find a close place for either Mardi Gras or Jazzfest as they sell out a year in advance. Mardi Gras is March the 4th. The offical start was yesterday Jan the 6 th.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 12:08 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

I went to the WBCCI site and check out the Rallys http://www.wbcci.org/index.html
I got all the contact info called and booked it. They have 75 A/S already booked as of last count.
Old 01-08-2003, 04:42 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Matthew, I dorve through the site last year, it was almost full. They back the trailers in on the parking lot around the stadium. It is gated with one way in and one out. I remember a guard. If you make it down I will give you my PH # and I will stop by and say hello. I may go sking during Mardi Gras, it is a great time to get out of the city for locals.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 07:19 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Jim,
Yes please drop by we would love to meet you, but I can thoroughly understand bugging out of town as the hoards descend on your city. We go to Mardi Gras as it is part of our business ( part pleasure) so we try to avoid the Bourbon Street insanity. But we really enjoy heading over to the Garden District to catch a parade in a less drunken and more local family environment.
Just got a fresh couple of inches last night and had a lovely evening of snowboarding. Where would you head to go skiing?
-Matthew
Old 01-08-2003, 08:36 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Mardi Gras Ralley

Reading about the Mardi Gras Ralley brought back a lot of memories. My dad was president of the Gulf State region years ago (Mike & Lena Canal) and he and my mom worked on that ralley for months before the event. They used to go to Texas every winter with other Air Streamers - Harlingen TX I think - and every day the whole bunch would cross the border and bring back booze - the limit per individual everyday for weeks!! All for the "hospitality trailer" at the Mardi Gras ralley. I think they all had to reenforce their axles for the trip home from TX - pretty fun bunch. That would have been in the late '70's and 80's and they had a 31 foot Land Yacht - went on lots of Caravans and totally enjoyed their retirement.
After Dad died, Mom always talked about getting a Bambi and traveling as a single but somehow it never happened. Now I've bought my old Bubble and hope to get her on road soon.
If you've never been to New Orleans, you won't believe it. Jo Ann
Old 01-09-2003, 10:20 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Smile

Hospitality trailer...hmmm I am liking the sound of this rally more and more!
Great stories SmallFry.
We just today recived our WBCCI Numbers and we are now #1147. I am reading up on all the stuff they sent and it looks great.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:26 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

Thanks Curtis,
We will see you there!
-Matthew #1147