Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-26-2003, 09:19 PM   #1

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Cool Just returned from Halloween Rally

We just got back from the WA Unit's Halloween Rally in Westport WA. At first we had decided to just go to the beach by ourselves, then when we got there we realized it would be kind of silly to camp across the harbor from the airstreamers (not to mention anti-social), so we went over and joined them. Almost all of the members there from the WA Unit lived at the famous 'Land Yacht Harbor' in Lacey, WA. They were all so proud of their airstreams and their airstream community, it was really neat.

We shared a few meals with them, and they had a cowboy poet/singer come the first night for entertainment. We just kind of rolled our eyes, but it turned out to be really fun. I was sorry when he was finished. He was really very good.

The second night was a costume party, but we had been wandering during the day, and discovered an incredible vintage theater in Hoquiam, WA, right across the harbor, which was having a benefit concert that night which we wanted to go to instead. No one was offended, and the next day several people wanted to know how the concert had been. To see the theater, go to 7th Street Theater The few pictures there don't do it justice, I was absolutely floored when I walked inside and saw the beautiful plasterwork all around the stage, and along the inside walls. It was incredible! The concert was really good too!

So that was about it, stayed at a nice park, talked to lots of other nice 'streamers. Met a nice couple with a 72 (or was it a 73) '25 ft trailer that they were in the process of restoring, who parked next to us. The previous owners of our trailer were there, and he came over and with our neighbors we all sat around and talked about fixin' trailers for a while. He had one of those cool rivet shavers and showed us how it worked on one of the olympic rivets I'd installed. Turned out he'd actually done the entire repair of the rear corner of our unit which got dented while he owned it. I thought he'd shopped it out, but the $1500 receipt I found in the paperwork he gave me with the trailer was just an estimate he got, after which he'd decided he'd better learn to do it himself! He did a great job, I would have guessed it was a professional job.

So, after having such a nice time at the rally, but still having free time to explore on our own; enjoying seeing new people and familiar faces, everyone treated us like family from the moment they met us, we decided to go ahead and pay up our dues and stay in the WBCCI. Even just a few rallys like this one each year will make it all worthwhile.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote