Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2002, 06:20 AM   #1
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Installation Rally

I'm off this morning for the Region 9, Highland Lakes Unit, installation rally at the Buckhorn Resort in Kerrville, TX. This will be my second WBCCI rally.

Highlight for me will be a tour of the Mooney Aircraft factory in Kerrville. The WBCCI rallys seem to have a lot more and better planned activities than the other trailer rallys that I have attended in the past. Some of them had little more than a pot-luck on Saturday night.

I'm eager for my wife to retire the end of the year so she can accompany me to the rallys. She often joins me on Friday night, but this rally is just a bit far from home and she just now returned from Germany and went back to work today. She really needs a weekend of rest.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 12:19 PM   #2
Contributing Member

Thumbs up Great Rally

Just returned from the best weekend I have had in a long time. We had 26 A/S attending. Friday, the men toured the Mooney Aircraft plant while the ladies had their own amusements.

The Buckhorn RV Park in Kerrville, TX has to be the finest RV park I have ever seen. The park is new and the sites are all about 16' x 80', concrete paved, with the best utility connections I have found anywhere. Not much shade yet, but shade trees are planted between sites. We met in a neat barn-like building, complete with a Yamaha grand player piano. Breakfast is served there every morning by the staff, as well as a catfish dinner Friday night and a Mexican Buffer Saturday noon.

Some of us took advantage of a beautiful fall afernoon to visit Lost Maples State Natural Area to see the fall colors.
WBCCI #9632
Old 11-17-2002, 01:18 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Hi John,

Your Kirville rally sounds like it was great fun. I would liked to have gone on the Mooney tour; I did go through the Bonanza factory a few years back and was quite impressed.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:26 AM   #4
Contributing Member

Buckhorn Lake Resort

Here's a photo of some of our Airstreams at Buckhorn. The photo shows just how nice these sites are. The park is new and there is not a lot of shade yet, but nice young shade trees are planted between sites. This has to be the nicest park I have stayed in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	buckhorn rally.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	877  
WBCCI #9632
Old 11-20-2002, 09:31 AM   #5
Contributing Member

More Buckhorn Lake Resort

Here is the working windmill in front of the lodge at Buckhorn. According to the lettering on the tail, the windmil was originally sold by the Schreiner hardware store right there in Kerrville.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	buckhorn rally 2.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	878  
WBCCI #9632
Old 11-20-2002, 09:38 AM   #6
Contributing Member

And one more shot

That's my International second A/S from the left. What a beautiful November day in Texas.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	buckhorn rally 3.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	879  
WBCCI #9632