Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2009, 12:15 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Crestview , Florida
Harvest Rally at Mystic Springs Park

WBCCI Pensacola FL Unit 29, Region 6 will be hosting a Harvest Rally Thursday Oct 15 through Sunday Oct 18 2009. Come on out for a REALLY FUN TIME!! There will be lots of activities and fun, especiallly now that it will be cooler, but just in case, the pavillon will be air conditioned, if neccessary!

Mystic Springs Cove Park is an Airstream Park, owned by the local unit. It is situated on 10 acres overlooking the Escambia River! For those who like to fish, it is documented that there are more different species of fish in the Escambia River than in any other river in all of Florida! BTW- there is a public boat ramp not even a 1/4 mile from the park!

There are over 50 campsite in the park. Their is plenty of space between each camp site and they are equipted with water, electric and sewer. Most campsites have 30 amp service, aprox. a dozen have 50 amp service.

RSVP through the camp host-- (850) 256-3280, so the cooks know how many to cook for during the rally. Thursday evening is grill your own, a group eat at a local resturaunt for lunch on Friday. Friday dinner is at 6 pm. They'll serve breakfast Saturday morning. On your own for lunch Saturday noon and dinner will be serve Saturday evening at 5pm or so.

Rally fees are $12.5 person for food and $9 a night for 30 amp, $12/night 50 amp. Each campsite has water and sewer hookups as well.

Even if you are not a member of the WBCCI, come meet us and check it out!
greywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:22 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Crestview , Florida
I forgot to announce that this rally is a BUDDY RALLY as well. This means that any of your R.V. friends is invited reguardless of what brand of R.V. they own! This is the perfect opportunity to introduce your non-Airstream owning R.V. buddies to checkout and experience the Airstream way of life for themselves. Remember, you don't just buy an Airsteam, you also buy into a completely different lifestyle, a lifestyle that your other R.V. friends need to know about!
Old 08-04-2009, 05:18 AM   #3
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
The Link is Working Today

greywolf:

Yesterday the link to this thread was not working. The link is working fine today. All the information needed to sign up for the rally is contained above so there is no need to send additional information.

My wife and I are considering this rally. Sounds like a good time.

How may trailers and people are expected to attend? There's little activity on this thread so it's hard to judge the level of involvement. Do you usually have some buddies attending? I always enjoy seeing other RV brands - looking over the floor plans, checking out storage compartments, etc.

Lucius
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:39 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Crestview , Florida
Hello nvestysly, there is actually a great deal of interest in this rally but for somereason, no one's really talking about it here. I don't think many in our unit are familiar about this forum, or this thread. I'll have to do better at passing the word so we can all discuss things more. This rally will be a really well attended one, guranteed! The weather will be starting to cool off and more than likely, we'll have people from up north, even very possibly Canada to visit. Our club pavillion is air conditioned even if it's still warm in October. It's large, it will seat 100 easy. I would imagine that we'll have around 35 units in attendance and some of those will be other brands. There's several vintage Airstream owners in our unit and they are usually really good about showing off (in a good way) the work they put into their camper.

If you want to get out during the day Friday and Saturday to see the near by beaches, Pensecola Naval museum and IMax theatre, historic Pensacola or even golfing, all of that is availble. Or you can hang out at the park, many of us play Joker and Hand and Foot. You are welcolmed to bring buddies with you as well if you'd like.