Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-09-2007, 06:35 AM   #461
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevbo10
i'm still looking for americana...

any body got a good dive around Dead Horse?

kevbo
I don't know if it is a dive or not, but I did find this listing:
Kactus Kate's Saloon
929 N Main St
Cottonwood, AZ 86326

(928) 634-7822

This could be a match to one of the " Sisters on the Fly" that was at the TCT rally last year. OK, the name is different, but close. You may need to check this out and report back to the rest of us......

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cowgirl2.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	32052  

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 06:45 AM   #462
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Hey, that's my map. I made that several years ago while I was newsletter editor. Things sure do get around.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:42 AM   #463
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
Desert Hot Springs , California
Leading the blind into the unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
Here ia a map and some directions that I stole from my fly fishing club's newsletter.

To reach Dead Horse State Park:
From I-17 take (exit 287) Hwy 260 to Cottonwood. Hwy. 260 intersects with 89A/Main Street. Turn left on Main Street and proceed to North 10th Street. Turn right (north) on North 10th Street. Continue on North 10th across the Verde River Bridge to the park entrance.

Mister Fly,
(we all read Kevbo)
Thank you very much for the map. Gezers need all the help they can get...
skyvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:59 AM   #464
1 Rivet Member

1961 16' Bambi
Buckeye , Arizona
towing question

When coming from Calif you can take the 303 (exit Cotton Lane) near Buckeye and go north to Lake Pleasant Rd, turn right and get on I17 above all the traffic in Phx. We take the New River cutoff occasionally also. I have a question about towing our Bambi. Do I need electric brakes, sway bars and leveling hitch to tow? Tow vehicle is a GMC Yukon. This is our first time up and down the hill.
61 Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:11 AM   #465
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvalley
Mister Fly,
(we all read Kevbo)
Thank you very much for the map. Gezers need all the help they can get...
Your Welcome!
Acording to Google Earth the Lat and Long are as follows:
34* 45' 13.40" N
112* 01' 17.65" W

Don't forget to reset your trip meter when you head for the rally. I would like to get a total of how many miles everyone traveled to get there. Anyone want to make a guess what the total will be?

Also, we have a nice gift for the person who travels the most miles. Remember, getting lost will increase your miles and they do count towards the total.

Richard

Old 02-09-2007, 09:25 AM   #466
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
Desert Hot Springs , California
Also, we have a nice gift for the person who travels the most miles. Remember, getting lost will increase your miles and they do count towards the total.[/quote]

Geezz, This one is easy. Mark me down for between 400 and 700 miles...
skyvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:26 AM   #467
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Diving on In...

Quote:
Also, we have a nice gift for the person who travels the most miles. Remember, getting lost will increase your miles and they do count towards the total.
mr. fly,

does wondering around aimlessly for several days in my Hemi, dragging about my highly and very tastefully redecorated airstream, while dressed to the nine's also count? i was thinking perhaps, going north to say idaho, and swinging east, placing my foil cowboy hat on, chanting, and then heading south 'n west. which i'm sure wouldn't add that many more miles, at least in my mind.

kevbo
Kevbo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:29 AM   #468
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
No Need...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61 Bambi
I have a question about towing our Bambi. Do I need electric brakes, sway bars and leveling hitch to tow? Tow vehicle is a GMC Yukon. This is our first time up and down the hill.
mr. 61,

strap that little guy on the roof of your "YUCK-ON". take a pic. it's americana, and i'm all about it. so i guess the answer is, ah, NO.

kevbo
Old 02-09-2007, 10:30 AM   #469
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
mr. fly,

does wondering around aimlessly for several days in my Hemi, dragging about my highly and very tastefully redecorated airstream, while dressed to the nine's also count? i was thinking perhaps, going north to say idaho, and swinging east, placing my foil cowboy hat on, chanting, and then heading south 'n west. which i'm sure wouldn't add that many more miles, at least in my mind.

kevbo
Yes they do! But only the miles that the trailer was attached to the TV and the wheels were on the ground. You will have to redeem you air miles with your frequent flyer club.

Richard

Old 02-09-2007, 12:57 PM   #470
4 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
Tempe , Arizona
Richard,
this may be off topic but this thread seems to meander anyway...
I notice that you are a Charter Member of the Four Corners Unit... I have never had the distinction of being a charter member of anything... not that I have been a member of many things but how does one acquire such a distinction?

Thanks

Mike

Charter Member Four Corners Unit

WBCCI #2417
flitzwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 03:24 PM   #471
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
HiJacking Thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flitzwhopper
Richard,
I notice that you are a Charter Member of the Four Corners Unit... I have never had the distinction of being a charter member of anything... not that I have been a member of many things but how does one acquire such a distinction? Thanks Mike
mr whopper,

please send me fifty bux. i'll arrange an audience w/ the pope who will confer said title upon you, at great distance. for for a hundred bux, i'll print it up and send it to you my own self, plus handling & tax.

kevbo
Old 02-09-2007, 04:28 PM   #472
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitzwhopper
Richard,
I notice that you are a Charter Member of the Four Corners Unit... I have never had the distinction of being a charter member of anything... not that I have been a member of many things but how does one acquire such a distinction?

Thanks

Mike
Good question, maybe Ken will jump in on this one. I guess it is how you drfine charter member. Here is how I see it and I may be way off so don't take this as golden.

When we were given a provisional charter we had no members, only a list of people who wanted to be members. Now that we have a provisional charter we can have members. The people who sign up under the provisional charter would IMO become charter members when the full charter is issued. I am not sure "charter member" means anything at all, but I like to see it under my name!

Does anyone else know more about "charter members"?

If you are interested in joining the 4CU, send a PM to Airstream25 and have him put you on the list. We are still working out the details of membership. At this time I am still a member of the WDC unit. I am sure this will be a topic of discussion next weekend around the campfire.

Richard

Old 02-09-2007, 04:41 PM   #473
4 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Placitas , New Mexico
As the rally draws near...

It would be really helpful for those of who could be/are losing it to repost stuff like what the weather will be like. What to bring in the way of food. I'm sure this was all posted at one time and that maybe it was even mailed out. But that was like...what? Months ago? Being as I'm a newbie and I'm a rally virgin I'm a little nervous
Old 02-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #474
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
I will have an application for membership to the 4CU for each trailer at the rally just in case anyone is interested. Hint-hint...

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 05:27 PM   #475
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Here's my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61 Bambi
When coming from Calif you can take the 303 (exit Cotton Lane) near Buckeye and go north to Lake Pleasant Rd, turn right and get on I17 above all the traffic in Phx. We take the New River cutoff occasionally also. I have a question about towing our Bambi. Do I need electric brakes, sway bars and leveling hitch to tow? Tow vehicle is a GMC Yukon. This is our first time up and down the hill.
Trailer brakes are always good and I'd strongly encourage you to get/use them. Money spent on saftey is always money well spent. They are also required by law.

If its a 61 Bambi and your yukon is 3/4 ton... When the Bambi's hitched does your trucks rear sag more than a coupleinches? If not you may be fine there.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 05:55 PM   #476
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu_Hwy_Lady
It would be really helpful for those of who could be/are losing it to repost stuff like what the weather will be like. What to bring in the way of food. I'm sure this was all posted at one time and that maybe it was even mailed out. But that was like...what? Months ago? Being as I'm a newbie and I'm a rally virgin I'm a little nervous
Weather is always a concern. It is still a little far out to perdict, so I will guess. Today the high in Cottonwood was 68 and the low was 39. We may have a cold front come in or it could warm up a little more, we will see what we get.

The Saturday pot luck is the only meal we will be sharing. Bring what you like, a salid, desert main course, whatever. It's a pot luck. Sunday around noon, if you like, we will have a left over luck. Everyone should bring their left overs from Saturday. Friday Jan is hosting the happy hour. We will have the soon to be famous Margarita ball as well as muchie items. If you would like to bring an item to that, great.

You are on your own for the rest of the meals. Cottonwood has many places to eat as well as a Safeway supermarket and a Wal-Mart.

Richard

Old 02-09-2007, 06:31 PM   #477
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
40 Days n Nights...

Quote:
You are on your own for the rest of the meals. Cottonwood has many places to eat as well as a Safeway supermarket and a Wal-Mart.
well, this is my first rodeo.

so i'm planning for everything... 2 days can be a VERY long time in the wilderness...

1 12 oz bottle water
1 12 oz bottle gatorade
1 12 oz bottle diet coke
4 cases coors
2 cases sam adams
2 l. silver patron

phone number for pizza delivery

the generosity of everyone attending

and whatever my attorney requires, which is usually in the 50 foot van and semi truck that follows me around.

kevbo
Attached Files
File Type: doc Trailer Gear.doc (25.5 KB, 93 views)
Old 02-09-2007, 07:36 PM   #478
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Questions & Answers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu_Hwy_Lady
It would be really helpful to post stuff like what the weather... and what to bring in the way of food for the potluck... and being a virgin I'm a little nervous...
ms. blu,

for the latest weather, write down this zip code for Cottonwood, AZ 86326

click here and type in the zip code. a ten day forecast will appear for free.

for a dish to bring to the pot luck, look at the bottom of this post for a .doc file, it's a little blue thingie, i post them all the time. if i remember correctly your a hippy / gypsy type, or so you claimed... so i invented this for you... bring that dish, or whatever...

as far as being a virgin, that's why i'm assigned an attorney. please stop by and say hello to Liz L.

kevbo
Attached Files
File Type: doc vegan cole slaw.doc (23.0 KB, 65 views)
Old 02-09-2007, 10:02 PM   #479
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Saturdays Planned Activity...

saturday at about 4am, we will be meeting for our morning activity. i've got 16 folks signed up, so this should be fun...

remember, bring gloves, a flashlight, shovel / spade, pick axe, bucket, gunny sac, and a pc very coarse screen.

wear layered clothing and a hat.

a bagged lite snack is recommended. beverages by group leader 'n head scout.

let's meet up at site 210, about 4am.

be should be back in camp no later that 11:30pm for lunch.

kevbo
Old 02-09-2007, 10:10 PM   #480
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Quote:
saturday at about 4am, we will be meeting for our morning activity. i've got 16 folks signed up, so this should be fun...

remember, bring gloves, a flashlight, shovel / spade, pick axe, bucket, gunny sac, and a pc very coarse screen.

wear layered clothing and a hat.

a bagged lite snack is recommended. beverages by group leader 'n head scout.

let's meet up at site 210, about 4am.

be should be back in camp no later that 11:30pm for lunch.

kevbo
Bring a Bail Bondsman too as Kevbo's taking you out to loot Burial Mounds...Again.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote