Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2007, 11:06 AM   #301
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
The granting of a Provisional Charter to the Four Corners Unit means that the rally is also a celebration for all the members and our friends. I must have ESPN or something, because I ordered this last week and it showed up yesterday. Let's party!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	partyball.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	31361  

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:13 AM   #302
4 Rivet Member

Party Pump

Richard, congrats on the official Four Corners unit. We will be toasting you and your success on sat. the 17th and I do insist on pictures. Question where did you order your party pump, I gotta get one?
Excella3287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:25 AM   #303
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excella3287
Richard, congrats on the official Four Corners unit. We will be toasting you and your success on sat. the 17th and I do insist on pictures. Question where did you order your party pump, I gotta get one?
Thanks Kip!
I bought my party pump off of EBAY. $17.95 plus $8.00 shipping. Searched on party ball margareta . I wrote to Jose Cuervo about the ball that Ron has and they are out of production at this time. For all I know this ball could have been made by the same company. I think the margaretas will taste the same!

BTW, I am retracting my offer to trade my trailer for your MH. If the MH is still on the market after the 4CU Rally, I will make another offer. This time I will try and low ball you.

Richard

Old 01-26-2007, 11:43 AM   #304
4 Rivet Member

Thanks

Ricahard, I'm on it thanks. As for the MH offer after you talk to my new pen pal friend SilverToy you might want to change your mind. just kidding SiverToy. I'm serious about pics with both of you with spouses and Cowboy and his date or dates. Maybe we could call one another at a selected time say happy hour?
Excella3287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:42 PM   #305
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Try as I might, there's no way to get enough time off for my Queen and myself to travel to this Rally. Bummer.
Looks like I will be coming though AZ on my way to Austin this summer again, though. Maybe we can ge together then.
Best wishes, and congrats on the provisional grant.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:31 PM   #306
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
A New Tradition, for a "new" unit...

Hello all -

Posted this elsewhere but would like to add it here as a 'New Tradition' that I humbly suggest...

A "Football Foto" at each and every Rally!!!!!

FCU, ASF, WBCCI, other...

First row on one knee, 2nd leaning over them, 3rd row upright, etc....

They can then be kept with/on the unit server, for great memories, to keep track of the growing/ shrinking group, to serve as a future 'institutional' memory of all rallies and who came.

These fotos are a favorite of my mother for many years now, and I confess that, now that her generation is starting to fade in my life, and now that mine and my cousins is coming to the fore, they are a great way to remember occations/ parties/ and get togethers when I was a kid, all the folks and their friends are there. In fact, I wish Mom had taken more, now! At the time they were, frankly a bit of a pain, but only a fleeting one. Now that I have the photos and the memories, they are a treasure!!!

Such a treasure is something that the FCU, ASF's and others can have too!

I humbly suggest that the 'Photo Nut' at every rally organize one of these type photos for all the reasons mentioned above.

Something to good to pass up!!!!

Can I ask that this become a FCU 'Tradition'!!?? Please?!

OK - I'm done. I'll cede to the majority, but still this is a terrific opportunity.

Axel
SilverToy
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 07:42 PM   #307
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
A great idea Axel...it should be a must at every rally. I thought of taking a group shot at 29 Palms but somehow it never happened. So FCU, we're counting on you!
-Bam
BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:35 PM   #308
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Axel,
The posision of "Photo Nut" is yours if you want it. We could not pay you for your time. Kevin (Kevbo10) has it in his contract that he is the only paid person at the rally. He is only getting enough money to pay off his rally fee and an overdraft check charge.

I do like the idea. The only problem is getting everyone together for the picture. If people like the idea, we could set up a time just before the pot luck and go for it. Keep in mind, everything is optional at this rally.

Richard

Old 01-26-2007, 11:08 PM   #309
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
Axel,

I do like the idea. The only problem is getting everyone together for the picture. If people like the idea, we could set up a time just before the pot luck and go for it. Keep in mind, everything is optional at this rally.
This is an easy one. Take the photo right before Happy Hour starts. No Happy until after the photo. You have the power of the M-ball. Use it for good not evil.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:15 PM   #310
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Power is good!
Thanks for the advise....

I was going to surprise everyone at the rally by inviting a few of my friends. Today I received several emails and it looks like these three are no shows. I have not included their full names, I am not a name dropper. Here are the 3 emails:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GB.pdf (9.0 KB, 327 views)
File Type: pdf wc.pdf (9.0 KB, 208 views)
File Type: pdf bg.pdf (8.8 KB, 340 views)

Richard

Old 01-26-2007, 11:24 PM   #311
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
Power is good!
Thanks for the advise....

I was going to surprise everyone at the rally by inviting a few of my friends. Today I received several emails and it looks like these three are no shows. I have not included their full names, I am not a name dropper. Here are the 3 emails:
Those E-mails are just flat funny and you are one warped guy. It's no wonder I enjoyed camping with you so much at the Winter rally.

P.S. Tell George that I'm vouching for Kevbo.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:25 AM   #312
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
anti-thetical, I know...

Hello all -

I realize the anti-thetical theme here, no one at these rallies is to be compelled to "DO" anything - all fine and good - to each his own, but then, wasn't there a bit of the 'I want to "Belong!", I was here! ' in all of Wally's rallies...? Not sure, since that was way out of my time, era or even way of thinking....

But then... there was that sense (I think) of wanting to be a part of something that was other, different, unique! Just like the units that are making the experience fun, joyfull, and something that people want to partake of. There was a certain need to 'note' that then in diaries, and some in photos, I think, and now in individual diary entries there is the same emotion, and additionally in the photo medium where there are so many new ways to capture and store the photos that might have never made it out of a photo lab 5, 10 or even 20 years ago...?

Why?

I choose to focus on the forward looking attitudes and they offer me plenty of opportunity to show these local units in a way that showed a future. All it would need was to tweek the 'newbies'

There are these photos of couples.... groups of people hugging each other tight.... that had nothing other than a backdrop of trailers, a corner with a terrific view, unknown folks sporting berets, vehicles + trailers on impossible looking boats.

Sound familiar??? Call Wally- Get a number for Wally Byam, NOW!!!!!!! Sorry, dead, unfortunately.

Heck, if nothing else we can hark back to a 'by-gone era' where the Wally Byam Creed really counted for something to a dedicated group pf believers! They would follow him, or his legacy, anywhere - period.

That legacy can be brought back to bear!!!!!!!

I say it's a 'new' tradition.... damn the torpedoes!!!!

Axel
SilverToy
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:53 AM   #313
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Monica L.

January 28, 2007

Hi Kevbo thank you so much for the invitation to the FCU rally! I just love Arizona in Feb. The very thought of all those Airstreams in one place is a huge turn on for me. I'm looking forward to "sucking" the political life out of the FCU unit. As you may or may not know, I no longer wear blue. Please let Richard know, that it's nothing personal.

xoxoxo

Monica L.

ps kev, i know you have a personal relationship with your drycleaner, would you mind having my dresses cleaned, boxed and then have them shipped to Linda T. Thanks again. xoxoxo
Kevbo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:13 AM   #314
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
Hi, I will be in the area during the rally. I won't be with my AS. I am moving my motorcycle from San Fran to Phoenix. I hope to be able to stop by and may be able to tent camp for Sat. night. I would love to meet everyone and say hello. I hope to get my rig out west this summer. Phil
Phil Gobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:53 AM   #315
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Hi Hoe Silver...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Gobie
Hi, I will be in the area during the rally. I won't be with my AS. I am moving my motorcycle from San Fran to Phoenix. I hope to be able to stop by and may be able to tent camp for Sat. night. I would love to meet everyone and say hello. I hope to get my rig out west this summer. Phil
dear phil,

please wrap your funny airstream in foil. also please wrap your head in foil (we all do it).

C U at Dead Horse.

Kevbo
Kevbo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:02 AM   #316
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Phil,
It would be great if you can make it by. Saturday afternoon will be the open house and the Pot Luck begins at 5PM. This is high desert, the ground will be hard as a rock, I suggest you have pads to sleep on.

Richard

Old 01-28-2007, 12:48 PM   #317
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
I plan on bringing my pad and depending on the weather I guess there should be rooms not to far away. Thanks for the welcome, I will see about stuffing some aluminum foil in my bags!
Phil Gobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:49 PM   #318
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
I plan on bringing my pad and depending on the weather I guess there should be rooms not to far away. Thanks for the welcome, I will see about stuffing some aluminum foil in my bags!
Cottonwood is a small town, but has several major chain motels. Best Western, Quality Inn, Buget Inn and Super 8. All of them are a short drive from the park. I have never stayed in any of them and can not make any recomendation. Don't forget to ask for the 4CU discount.

The town of Cottonwood also has a Safeway (supermarket) as well as a Wal-Mart. The Wal-Mart has been there for years, if was built when Wal-Marts were located in small towns and not large cities. If you forget to bring something I am sure you can find it in town.

Richard

Old 01-28-2007, 01:55 PM   #319
_

. , .
Quote:
hey phil...

i'm not offically signed up for this rally...

and my plans are still tenative at this time.

but IF i do end up at dead horse that week...

you are welcome to the sofa bed...

keep in mind i snore loudly...

and max occasionally passes gas...

or is it the other way around?

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:03 PM   #320
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Phoenix , Arizona
Question Fcu

Hi Richard

I see you are going to be just up the road. Do you mind a couple of
future Airstreamers stopping by Saturday afternoon for open house?

Barb & Tom
DesertDog is offline   Reply With Quote