Old 11-14-2007, 08:01 PM   #57
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Choke holds and chainsaws....

This is turning into a great event!

Barry, sorry to hear that you can not sneak across the border.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:04 PM   #58
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Los cincuentasietes,
We will most assuredly toast ya'll, and hope things will plane out such that this is just a speed bump...what flavor do you favor?

TB,
I will recheck, as I was pretty sure, kinda, sorta, maybe, that this is what I was told was a benefit of the annual pass...since our time schedule is not one that requires us to HAVE to be anywhere but appointment-type stuff, we wouldn't need to day-use a park...we'd just stay there for the night...
In any event, we bought our last two annual passes(actually, our ONLY two passes) at Picacho Peak, so I will ask them. An advantage of older age status is that you can say " I thought that was what happened, but i've slept since then...". Entirely possible I'm thinking of Arkansas...now where DID I put that pass? I do know it does not apply to camping, but I was thinkin that you had to pay a day use fee when camping...I'll post our enquiry results.

Mr AZflycaster,
We'll be cruising the area early, and may be staying there as much as a week before the rally, so if there is an area which has/allows wood gathering, we'll bring a few logs...we won't, however, be bringing a chainsaw...

mike

We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:08 PM   #59
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Let me know when you are going to be there. I make a lot of trips to Tucson. I went there today. I will stop by if in the area.

Good idea about the chain saw, you don't need one for the cactus. I will grab some wood off of my pile.

Richard

Old 11-14-2007, 08:19 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
OK...no chainsaw, but the chokehold option is still valid...? I may use it on myself to save others the trouble(and me a serious breathing problem).
If you are grabbing wood off your pile, might I ask where you got it to make that pile...? And how much environmentally incorrect garden hose should we bring-never mind, I'll just bring my neighbor's...he won't miss it till next spring...
Old 11-14-2007, 08:24 PM   #61
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Garden hose I got. They only last a year or two in Phoenix. The copper pipe is the tough one. All the good stuff has been stolen all ready

It gets very thin after about 10 fires.

Sounds like a trip to the dumpster at work...

Richard

Old 11-14-2007, 08:25 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari57
Drat

I can't come

I'm still having trouble traveling any distance, and I'm told I'm uninsurable anywhere out of the Province from a medical standpoint. This getting old is really "getting old" and I'm only 57. Too many motorcycles, old cars, and old saloons in my early years is catching up with me

As well he indicates that some of the drugs I require (get me a bit hyper as some of my posts might have indicated ) aren't legal down south of the border.

This is extremely disappointing for Donna and I as we were looking forward to getting out with the "cloud", and meeting the group. I already had the trailer half packed (I am getting bored trapped at home -gotta do something.....) and Donna had the time booked off at work.

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to open a cool one on our behalf and drink it at New Years to toast the 4CU and the members.

We shall see what happens come spring.

Barry

We have kind of a problem comming to see my brother in law in Golden BC.I have to take all my NRA & GOA stuff off of TV.Seems the people at the border crossing into Canada do not like guns stuff.I use to drive to Alaska to work each summer till crossing just was not worth the trouble.
I will have a few drinks for you and Donna. Might try your medication too.
jimmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:37 PM   #63
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
Garden hose I got. They only last a year or two in Phoenix. The copper pipe is the tough one. All the good stuff has been stolen all ready

It gets very thin after about 10 fires.

Sounds like a trip to the dumpster at work...
ok,
I've got about 18-24'' of 3 0r 4" copper pipe with a tee at the end...just have to wad the hose into multi-sections and grow the fire a little larger...
Old 11-14-2007, 08:41 PM   #64
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
I think I will stay in the 3/4 to 1 inch range. Any larger might put my copper footprint over the top...

Richard

Old 11-14-2007, 09:08 PM   #65
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
gunowners,chainsaws, copper pipes filled with lead, mix in a few adult beverages- sounds like my kinda people.
DG

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:26 PM   #66
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Oh MAN, I'm really gonna miss a party. The choke hold thingy is a tad scary, particularly any additional lessons my wife may learn.

With all the fun stuff like garden hose, copper pipe, and the other paraphernalia this sure does sound like a party in 1969 I wished I had gone to - I think if my buddies are telling the truth

Barry

Golden is a wonderful place to live. A tad small, a tad remote right in the mountains, but a beautiful place. They've already had snow I believe brrrrrr.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:06 PM   #67

Ken

I will ask the boss whats up for New Years, I think we have our Safari sold, the prospective buyer is flying here on friday.
I will get back to you.

Steve and faith
Old 11-15-2007, 11:16 AM   #68
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Drat

I can't come

I'm still having trouble traveling any distance, and I'm told I'm uninsurable anywhere out of the Province from a medical standpoint. This getting old is really "getting old" and I'm only 57. Too many motorcycles, old cars, and old saloons in my early years is catching up with me

As well he indicates that some of the drugs I require (get me a bit hyper as some of my posts might have indicated ) aren't legal down south of the border.

This is extremely disappointing for Donna and I as we were looking forward to getting out with the "cloud", and meeting the group. I already had the trailer half packed (I am getting bored trapped at home -gotta do something.....) and Donna had the time booked off at work.

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to open a cool one on our behalf and drink it at New Years to toast the 4CU and the members.

We shall see what happens come spring.

Barry
Barry,

Have you looked at SkyMed or some other medical transport services? Would these services help?

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:16 PM   #69
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the suggestion, I've seen their ads in the blue beret, I'll get going on checking them out. The bigger issue is that the doctor now says I'm still considered a high risk for another stroke or H/A so no one wants to touch that. It has to do with damage from extensive radiotherapy and chemotherapy in the early 90's so it is not standard procedure. But we'll get it sorted out and be out camping ASAP. And who knows, I may yet find a way to get this done.

Barry
Old 11-15-2007, 09:37 PM   #70
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the suggestion, I've seen their ads in the blue beret, I'll get going on checking them out. The bigger issue is that the doctor now says I'm still considered a high risk for another stroke or H/A so no one wants to touch that. It has to do with damage from extensive radiotherapy and chemotherapy in the early 90's so it is not standard procedure. But we'll get it sorted out and be out camping ASAP. And who knows, I may yet find a way to get this done.

Barry
Barry,

Keep trying, you certainly do not want another stroke or heart attack, one is too many. Hope you get it figured out and can make it to Bozeman.

Bill

Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote