Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2007, 08:10 PM   #41
1 Rivet Member

1953 25' Cruiser
wellton , Arizona
Hello,
I am new to this forum and really have not navigated the site too well.

A few years back my mom gave me a 53 flying cloud see was in love with. She told me it was always her dream to pull the trailer around to airstream rallies. Recently my wife and I have fixed up the trailer to take to the Nascar race in Phoenix.
We live in Wellton, which is close to Picacho.
My Mom might be here around the time of the get togehter and I know she would be thrilled if we took her to the rally. We would love to attend if everything falls into place. Where do we sign up?

Thank you
Kanon
kbw0221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:19 PM   #42
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbw0221
Hello,
I am new to this forum and really have not navigated the site too well.

A few years back my mom gave me a 53 flying cloud see was in love with. She told me it was always her dream to pull the trailer around to airstream rallies. Recently my wife and I have fixed up the trailer to take to the Nascar race in Phoenix.
We live in Wellton, which is close to Picacho.
My Mom might be here around the time of the get togehter and I know she would be thrilled if we took her to the rally. We would love to attend if everything falls into place. Where do we sign up?

Thank you
Kanon
It would be great if you can make it.
Just go here and add your name to the list at the bottom of the page.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/cale...day=2007-12-29
You might want to send a PM to Ken (silverback) and let him know as well..

Hope to see you there.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:09 PM   #43
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
Airstream Funeral Coach
Citrus Heights , California
Mr.Silverback;
Not being a wbbcci member- you indicate you will work with non- joiners like myself. What does that mean exactly?

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:55 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2006 28' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Hello doorgunner,
That one is easy. It means a member invites you as a guest (Richard please correct me if I misspeak here). So we would facilitate that if you would like to join us and and don't have a willing accomplice.
-Ken
Old 11-03-2007, 12:13 AM   #45
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback
Hello doorgunner,
That one is easy. It means a member invites you as a guest (Richard please correct me if I misspeak here). So we would facilitate that if you would like to join us and and don't have a willing accomplice.
-Ken
You are correct Ken. The only stipulation is that the guest attend in an Airstream trailer/MH. It is a good way for someone who is thinking about joining a WBCCI unit to "check it out".

At Meteor Crater, we had 2 guests who became members before the end of the weekend.

Richard

Old 11-03-2007, 08:41 AM   #46
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
I've signed us up for this event because I couldn't think of a better way to ring in the new year than with all my 4CU friends at a rally. Although, we have tickets to a concert for that evening, we are going to find a way to join this rally.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:25 PM   #47
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Here are a couple of pictures of the site from MS Live Search. The site looks perfect, reminds me of the setip at Dead Horse. 4 Ramadas in the center of the circle as well as a large fire pit.

Who is bringing wood?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	picacho1.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	48616   Click image for larger version

Name:	picacho2.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	48617  

Richard

Old 11-03-2007, 04:17 PM   #48
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Okay, we're on our way, leaving really soon...just gotta winterize the house(water off, drain lines, etc.). we should be there in about 8 weeks, but could be there a bit sooner if we can help set up...? The park is really nice...haven't seen the group areas, as they were closed off to traffic, but the general use camping spots are like all AZ state parks we've seen-clean and comfy...happy volunteers make a huge difference.
mike
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:14 PM   #49
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Question.

Can I bring a fellow CalStreamer who's in a Silver Streak?

Would they have to cover the Silver Streak emblem with a hand made Airstream one?

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:11 PM   #50
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
Question.

Can I bring a fellow CalStreamer who's in a Silver Streak?

Would they have to cover the Silver Streak emblem with a hand made Airstream one?
Isn't this a buddy rally...like filled with buddies...? I don't make the rules, just try to avoid them when they're presented...
In the FWIW(ok, for what it's worth) department, if you are planning on attending a few 4CU get-togethers in AZ, if you buy an annual pass from the state parks, it will cancel the day-use fee(usually $5) from your fee...I think they cost around $40(any AZ member input...?), and we have used this for two years with substantial savings...this year, we will add the Long Term BLM ticket($140 for 7<9?>) months at-will at Quartzite and Yuma sites...don't know how to post(much less highlite) internet links, but basic accessible amenities(dump, H2O,maybe showers) are there.
mike
Old 11-05-2007, 06:22 AM   #51
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Did you guys get the group site with electric?
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:59 PM   #52
Rivet Master

2006 28' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Electric Ramadas

Ken J,
We have the Quail group site reserved which has power to the ramadas. So we can plug in crock pots etc...
-Ken
Old 11-13-2007, 10:01 PM   #53
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIrony-2
...snip...In the FWIW(ok, for what it's worth) department, if you are planning on attending a few 4CU get-togethers in AZ, if you buy an annual pass from the state parks, it will cancel the day-use fee(usually $5) from your fee...I think they cost around $40(any AZ member input...?)*, and we have used this for two years with substantial savings...this year, we will add the Long Term BLM ticket($140 for 7<9?>) months at-will at Quartzite and Yuma sites...don't know how to post(much less highlite) internet links, but basic accessible amenities(dump, H2O,maybe showers) are there.
mike
*Mike...I just went to the Arizona State Park website because I didn't think the AZ State Park Annual Pass counted against camping fees...and since we camp at AZ State Parks a lot, I thought, "Man, we are really missing out if this is the case!" And as I thought, from what I can gather from the website site...the Annual Pass does not appy to or reduce the camping fees...it only applies to day-use fees.

Here is the information on annual passes from the website Annual Permit and the 5-Visit Pass :
The Arizona State Parks Standard Annual Pass (Cost: $45) is a day-use pass with the following conditions of use
1. Pass allows pass holder and up to three additional adults in the same vehicle day-use access to all Arizona State Parks except Lake Havasu, Cattail Cove, & Buckskin Mountain (and River Island) on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and recognized State Holidays.
2. Pass cannot be applied toward other park fees; some programs may be an additional fee.
3. Pass is not valid without owner's name on it. Pass holder may be asked to show identification.
4. Pass holder shall hang/display the dated “hanging card” from the rearview mirror for entrance. The wallet card is for parks without a controlled vehicular access point only.
5. Pass does not allow the use of camping facilities including showers, dump station, or for stowage of water of more than 5 gallons from the park.
6. Pass does not guarantee admission to a park that has been closed, restricted, or reached capacity.
7. It is illegal to copy or alter this pass.
8. Nontransferable, non-replaceable, nonrefundable.
9. Pass expires 12 months from date of purchase.

By the way, when you pay the camping fee, there is no additional day-use fee charged...and unfortunately for Arizona state parks, there is no annual camping pass...

TB
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:56 PM   #54
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Drat

I can't come

I'm still having trouble traveling any distance, and I'm told I'm uninsurable anywhere out of the Province from a medical standpoint. This getting old is really "getting old" and I'm only 57. Too many motorcycles, old cars, and old saloons in my early years is catching up with me

As well he indicates that some of the drugs I require (get me a bit hyper as some of my posts might have indicated ) aren't legal down south of the border.

This is extremely disappointing for Donna and I as we were looking forward to getting out with the "cloud", and meeting the group. I already had the trailer half packed (I am getting bored trapped at home -gotta do something.....) and Donna had the time booked off at work.

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to open a cool one on our behalf and drink it at New Years to toast the 4CU and the members.

We shall see what happens come spring.

Barry
Old 11-14-2007, 05:16 PM   #55
4 Rivet Member

1961 16' Bambi
Mancos , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to AirstreamGypsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
Who is bringing wood?
I will plan on bringing some. I have 10 acres, so I should be able to find something lying around. Maybe I'll have to use the chain saw too. Oh goody!

However, I may be late as I will have company over the holidays and do not know when they are leaving.....
My Earthship
AirstreamGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:07 PM   #56
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Barry, I'm bummed. I was really looking forward to meeting you and the Mrs. The upside though is that my Mrs. who has read all your posts about being a passenger was gonna show Donna the various choke and compliance holds she uses on me when I'm in the passenger seat.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:01 PM   #57
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Choke holds and chainsaws....

This is turning into a great event!

Barry, sorry to hear that you can not sneak across the border.

Richard

Old 11-14-2007, 07:04 PM   #58
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Los cincuentasietes,
We will most assuredly toast ya'll, and hope things will plane out such that this is just a speed bump...what flavor do you favor?

TB,
I will recheck, as I was pretty sure, kinda, sorta, maybe, that this is what I was told was a benefit of the annual pass...since our time schedule is not one that requires us to HAVE to be anywhere but appointment-type stuff, we wouldn't need to day-use a park...we'd just stay there for the night...
In any event, we bought our last two annual passes(actually, our ONLY two passes) at Picacho Peak, so I will ask them. An advantage of older age status is that you can say " I thought that was what happened, but i've slept since then...". Entirely possible I'm thinking of Arkansas...now where DID I put that pass? I do know it does not apply to camping, but I was thinkin that you had to pay a day use fee when camping...I'll post our enquiry results.

Mr AZflycaster,
We'll be cruising the area early, and may be staying there as much as a week before the rally, so if there is an area which has/allows wood gathering, we'll bring a few logs...we won't, however, be bringing a chainsaw...

mike
Old 11-14-2007, 07:08 PM   #59
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Let me know when you are going to be there. I make a lot of trips to Tucson. I went there today. I will stop by if in the area.

Good idea about the chain saw, you don't need one for the cactus. I will grab some wood off of my pile.

Richard

Old 11-14-2007, 07:19 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
OK...no chainsaw, but the chokehold option is still valid...? I may use it on myself to save others the trouble(and me a serious breathing problem).
If you are grabbing wood off your pile, might I ask where you got it to make that pile...? And how much environmentally incorrect garden hose should we bring-never mind, I'll just bring my neighbor's...he won't miss it till next spring...