Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1957 22' Flying Cloud
1949 22' Liner
Camp Verde , Arizona
We'll be having a "movie night" Saturday. Anthony and Tamara have some good movies, they tell us. We'll be doing popcorn treats, one of them sounds particulary intriguing, "Movie Theater Floor". It's a mix of, well, you got it. (More palatable-sounding popcorn offerings will be present). If you feel so inclined, bring your sleeping bag and pillow to the clubhouse after dinner.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1957 22' Flying Cloud
1949 22' Liner
Camp Verde , Arizona
Last minute stuff...Steve and I went out to Lo Lo Mai yesterday to compare rally lists and we are now up to 69 rally-ers in 34 rigs! There are only 3 sites left.

It's very rural, very dark out there (bring those walking lanterns) and they're asking if we could please get there before sundown. They are just going to arbitrarily assign sites this time (unless you asked to be next to someone when you called) but note where you'd like to be next year as the areas are really different, by the pond and springs, by the creek, by the group fire, by the clubhouse and they'd like to put you where you choose. There's only a one road lane down in there so they will try to be parking us rather quickly.

There will be a sign-up sheet for the optional (isn't everything in 4CU!?) dinner at Grasshopper Grill through Saturday so we can call in a # for them to expect on Sunday. (I have a killer-yummy Hot Buttered Rum nightcap upon our return).

5 days and we'll be a-jammin'!!!
Reg
Old 02-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1957 22' Flying Cloud
1949 22' Liner
Camp Verde , Arizona
Almost forgot to tell you all a piece of history. We met the lovely lady who owns Lo Lo Mai. She was first introduced to Airstreams by being the entertainer for a rally down in Tucson in the 70's! I told our good friend, Dale (Pee Wee) this and he said that his Mom, Helen, was still running the Club at this time so she probably booked her! Her name is Helen Brown and she and her partner's act was, "Grace and Martin". (Her partner's name was Clarence Treat, for anyone who might remember them). She was very excited to be having all of our trailers there on her property all at once. Unfortunately, she'll be cruising Tahiti during our rally but next year I bet she books around it!

Reg
Old 02-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

1957 22' Flying Cloud
1949 22' Liner
Camp Verde , Arizona
Forgot to add that the reason she has that beautiful property is because after they were at the Tucson rally, they drove north to Sedona and saw it. Too cool!

Reg
Old 02-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich View Post
Hey All! Now that we are through the New Year's Rally (a huge success...thanks, Louis & Sergio!)...we are focusing on the next rally, the Jammer Jam, 15-18 Feb 2013 (President's Day Weekend) at Lo Lo Mai Springs Outdoor Resort near Cornville, AZ.

There is a PDF of a flier for downloading in post #1 of this thread...it has all the information you need to register and get yourself signed up.

Be sure to sign up on the Forums Sign-up Page...so Forums Members can see who's going...

And you can CLICK HERE to see who's "officially" registered so far.

This is going to be a GREAT rally to we hope for a good turnout.'

This is a WBCCI rally. However, if you are not a member of WBCCI, but have an Airstream and would like to attend, please contact me and we'll work with you to get you there as a guest.

Drag out your best PJs!
Oh man, I think I'm in trouble. I did the "We will be there" thing on the list but then we packed quickly, hooked up the truck and hit the road and while driving through OR got our reservations at Lo Lo CG. In my haste to get out of the snow belt (yes, it was doing the ugly deed as we were packing and we towed in snow/sleet for about three hours before we got to just rain at Seattle) and I did not read the part about filling out the registration form, and don't have a printer while on the road. Does this mean we'll be looking in the windows of the building wishing we could be inside where it is nice and warm? My PJ's are not very warm..........

Hopefully when we get to Lo Lo on the 14th we will be able to register and pay for the actual event without it being an issue for anyone.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member

1957 22' Flying Cloud
1949 22' Liner
Camp Verde , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari57 View Post
Oh man, I think I'm in trouble. I did the "We will be there" thing on the list but then we packed quickly, hooked up the truck and hit the road and while driving through OR got our reservations at Lo Lo CG. In my haste to get out of the snow belt (yes, it was doing the ugly deed as we were packing and we towed in snow/sleet for about three hours before we got to just rain at Seattle) and I did not read the part about filling out the registration form, and don't have a printer while on the road. Does this mean we'll be looking in the windows of the building wishing we could be inside where it is nice and warm? My PJ's are not very warm..........

Hopefully when we get to Lo Lo on the 14th we will be able to register and pay for the actual event without it being an issue for anyone.

We will all vote on appropriate punishment upon your arrival. The snow and slush story is a new one for getting out of paying a rally fee . Steve just said, "If anyone had warm jammies, you'd think it'd be the guy from British Columbia"...

Just PM the info on the registration so I can fill you in on the attendees' spreadsheet.

Reg
Old 02-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Hey Barry & Donna... When I saw that you had signed up on the Forums I added you to the attendee list, so you are expected ... and since you have made your reservations at Lo Lo Mai you should be set, except for any details Reg & Steven need and the rally fee. See you Thursday!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Lamy , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herky Pig View Post
Steve just said, "If anyone had warm jammies, you'd think it'd be the guy from British Columbia"...

Reg
Lets see, how do you spell union suit?

Tip a couple for us since I will be grounded due to eye surgery - left eye on the 14th.

TAC NM-1
Four Corners Unit Treasurer
WBCCI 5279, AIR #24915
KF5RGU
Howard E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Best of luck with the eye surgery, Howard...we'll be thinking of you! Take care of yourself so we can see you two again ASAP...
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 02-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

1957 22' Flying Cloud
1949 22' Liner
Camp Verde , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard E View Post

Tip a couple for us since I will be grounded due to eye surgery - left eye on the 14th.
Howard,

You and Carolyn are a staple at 4CU Rallies. You WILL be missed. Union suit? Wish Steve was ushering you in on Friday. Red/white-trimmed union suit, white tails and a bow-tie. Kid-you-not. We're a CLASSY unit, make no mistake! Pictures will ensue.

Reg
Old 02-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #31
4 Rivet Member

2000 34' Excella
Tucson , Arizona
I guess the countdown is really on now. Got all the tires checked this weekend including spares. Found one of the tires at 80 and the others at 50. Hmm, might have to talk to the folks down at the dealership, they were the last ones to touch it. All cleaned up from the last rally, finally!

Looking forward to seeing everyone and let's keep our fingers crossed on the weather, it looks like it is fixing to be a great weekend.
10 Day Weather Forecast for Cottonwood - weather.com
elolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #32
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard E View Post

You guys never miss rallies, it won't be the same without you both! Why not pretend it's another Pirate Rally and wear a patch...

Have a speedy recovery.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Jammer Jam Agenda

Reg and Steve asked me to post the 2013 Jammer Jam Agenda here FYI...

Looking forward to a GREAT rally with you all!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Jammer Jam 2013 Agenda.pdf (30.7 KB, 89 views)
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 02-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #34
2 Rivet Member

1957 22' Flying Cloud
1949 22' Liner
Camp Verde , Arizona
We are now up to 74 people in 36 trailers!!!

Couple last-minute things...Lo Lo Mai said that if you are going to use your GPS, go to their site for their #'s. (There is a street with the same name in Sedona and that's not what you want).

Steve is thinking that you should make your approach from the west, if possible, rather than I-17. (That means you'd be coming in through Sedona from the north or Cottonwood from the south). There is a "Y" turn into LLM that might be difficult if you were coming straight in through Cornville from I-17. It'd be a sharp right turn. Coming in from the west, you'd be on 89-A and there is a sign both from the north and south, saying, "Lo Lo Mai Cabins" with an arrow. Turn there. Unless they get confiscated, we'll have our trusty pink friends pointing the way.

They do have some serious road bumps in the drive on the way in, so take the 5mph on the serious side.

4 DAYS!!!
Reg
Old 02-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #35
2 Rivet Member

1957 22' Flying Cloud
1949 22' Liner
Camp Verde , Arizona
Arrived late afternoon yesterday. On "practice" trips we made, going the "wrong way" in at the "Y", because we weren't towing, we'd always pass this little restaurant. It was too late last night to start hauling things into the clubhouse so we decided we'd check it out. Nice! Small, romantic, cool fireplace, rustic and overlooking Oak Creek. For the 12 trailers arriving early on this very Valentine's Day, you might want to make you a reservation for your sweetie and you. It's called, "Up the Creek Grill and Bar", (928) 634-9954. Note to Terry, our most worthy membership chair: Lynn is the bartender (who just happens to be from our home town of Camp Verde--hubby shoes horses, now how Camp Verde is that???), they own an AIRSTREAM!!! Of course, we never even got a table after that, just hung at the bar with her and gushed about 4CU and our new Rally! Lynn was raised in an Airstream family and wants her 3 kids to have the same experience. Y'all might stop by and show her our well-known, friendly 4CU nature. It's only about 2 miles going into Cornville at the curve.
1 DAY!!!
Reg
Old 02-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #36
2 Rivet Member

1957 22' Flying Cloud
1949 22' Liner
Camp Verde , Arizona
OH, Dale, "Pee Wee", called this morning. He had an appointment yesterday in Cottonwood and decided to take a stroll down here as even most of the locals aren't aware that this place exists. He enormously approves!!! He and Susan will be coming to visit Saturday. If anyone wants him to bring some of his pictures from the early Caravans and/or memorabilia of days with Wally and Stella, let me know and I'll call him.

The office staff is really excited and gotten into this jammer thing. They might even don their own to check you in tomorrow! Too funny!!!
1 DAY!!!
Reg
Old 02-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #37
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
We are here!

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:49 PM   #38
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Happy Valentine's day to the 4CU family of fun!!!!!

Hi everybody!! I so wish I could be Jammin' with you all!! You are such a kick to be around!! And in PJ's?!? What a hoot!!!

I was down in AZ just a week ago but had to come back home as I'm flyin' out of Oregon for a trip next Friday the 22nd. Definitely wanna party with you guys & gals this year!!

Anyway, have a blast and enjoy each other and each moment.

Bear hugs!!!!!
~Cari~
Carlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #39
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
2017 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Ojai , California
Wow! We arrived yesterday and set up camp here at LoLoMai Springs. I must say the reception provided by the campground was very sweet! Since many spots were open at the time, they let us choose a site which I always find so thoughtful. THANK YOU, LOLOMAI SPRINGS!
Accredited Appraisal Firm www.PolkAssociates-llc.com
SilverPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #40
3 Rivet Member

hope all arrived safe and sound. have a great time the weather's fine and the company finer(don't think that's a word). hope to catch you on sunday.
dsrtgrls is offline   Reply With Quote