Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 07:48 AM   #121
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
It is a FCU buddy event......
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Old 02-11-2007, 11:22 AM   #122
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
I lost count of the signees - have you filled your quota, or is there still room for a stray Virginian?

Pat
Old 02-11-2007, 01:13 PM   #123
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
It is real early to start planning, but Jan and I will jump on I-40 in Flagstaff. We would like to join up with you guys somewhere along the route. I will leave the planning to the highly paid, over decorated, well dress you know who...
Ditto that.... we'd like to join the silver wagon train for the run in.... That could be quite a site rollin' into 'querque.... this is still a ways out but we are thinking of getting in Thursday so we can enjoy full days festivities on Friday... Blood Marys and Burros at my TinCabn...Friday morning a little breakfast of champions/ meet and greet...
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."- Mark Twain

Old 02-11-2007, 01:22 PM   #124
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZstreamin
Ditto that.... we'd like to join the silver wagon train for the run in.... That could be quite a site rollin' into 'querque.... this is still a ways out but we are thinking of getting in Thursday so we can enjoy full days festivities on Friday... Blood Marys and Burros at my TinCabn...Friday morning a little breakfast of champions/ meet and greet...
We were thinking of leaving Thursday late and spending the night around Winslow. Then motor in early Friday. BTW, the drink of choise at a balloon fest is champagne, as in Chanpagne and Propane.

Quote:
November 21,1783 ~ The first recorded manned flight in a hot air balloon took place in Paris. Built from paper and silk by the Montgolfier brothers, this balloon was piloted on a 22 minute flight by two noblemen from the court of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette. From the center of Paris they ascended 500 feet above the roof tops before eventually landing miles away in the vineyards. Local farmers were very suspicious of this fiery dragon descending from the sky. The pilots offered champagne to placate them and to celebrate the first human flight, a tradition carried on to this day.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
Old 02-11-2007, 01:25 PM   #125
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
Quote:
It is real early to start planning, but Jan and I will jump on I-40 in Flagstaff. We would like to join up with you guys somewhere along the route. I will leave the planning to the highly paid, over decorated, well dress you know who...
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."- Mark Twain

Old 02-11-2007, 01:33 PM   #126
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
If you check the list of events http://www.balloonfiesta.com/scripts...ents_total.php
Friday has no events for the rally area. It will most likely be alot of folks setting up after they do the early morning take off at the schools around town.

Richard

Old 02-11-2007, 01:34 PM   #127
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
I can do champagne too.....that's a good little story Richard.... maybe mimosas..... however they don't go well with burros so....scratch the burros idea.... we'll hammer out the travel times later....I told my daughter Kendall earlier this week that we are camping at a place that has hot air balloons and fireworks....needless to say she’s excited..

Old 02-11-2007, 01:41 PM   #128
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Streamin... Drinkin... Food... Yakin... Room???

all the previous posts are screaming my name...

streamin, drinkin, food, meetin n greetin...

now thats a convention... or, ah rally...

in regards to room, THERE'S ALWAYS ROOM.

so i guess the answer is YES.

kevbo
Old 02-11-2007, 01:42 PM   #129
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
Quote:
If you check the list of events http://www.balloonfiesta.com/scripts...ents_total.php
Friday has no events for the rally area.
I had not noticed that thanks... maybe I'll get a few things done in the office before heading northbound Thursday...

Something weird happened.. it double posted my previous post after the system timed out... any mod feel free to delete the second one.... thanks Brent

Old 02-11-2007, 02:33 PM   #130
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Balloon Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmclemore
I lost count of the signees - have you filled your quota, or is there still room for a stray Virginian?

Pat
Pat

We should be ok - I established and nice rapor (not sure if that really helps) with the Balloon folks and they are holding 20 sites + a few more as I expect we will be over the 20.

So that would be really great if you could join us - if you will get me your deposit check ($130) we will have a site for you!

Ken
Rally
restoration rally
Old 02-12-2007, 11:37 AM   #131
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
OK - I've signed up on the rally calendar and will send check today.

Sounds like a real good time - and looking forward to meeting all of you.

Pat
Old 02-12-2007, 12:46 PM   #132
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Pat - that sounds great. I'm wondering if this rally will win an award from the WBCCI for the most distance traveled to a local rally - - - - -

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 02-12-2007, 01:11 PM   #133
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
I've had a "Jones" to go to Utah again (but first time camping) and was vaguely planning to go this fall. The baloon rally is perfect timing - and from where I sit (relatively speaking, of course), Albuquerque is not all that far from Arches/Canyonlands.

Who says serendipity is all that hard to find?

Pat
Old 02-26-2007, 08:39 PM   #134
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Just an update - I've been talking to the Balloon folks and there is still time to sign up for this if you like - this is a not-to-miss event.

Also there are 2-3 folks that I've not received a check from, please get that to me so I can send it on to the Balloon folks.

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 02-26-2007, 09:33 PM   #135
_

. , .
hi ken

tried a pm but the system is buggy right now...

i mailed my check in late january according to my check register, but it hasn't cleared the account yet.

did you get it ?

if not i'll mail another tomorrow and stop payment on the first one.

don't give away my spot!

cheer
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:30 AM   #136
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Thread bump....

Hello all -

Thread bump here.

Is there a likely to be a significant turnout for this event. Seems like I have heard from lots of folk, informally, that they will be coming to see the IBF but wondering how it all looks from a 'rallythatmaynotbeanofficialrally' standpoint?

Just curious.... Keep sending in those registrations people!!!! This is a 'once in a life time' event! WORTH EVERY PENNY TO ATTEND!

I have friends coming in from ALL OVER to see this one.... since SilverToy will be there and a terrific starting off point for coffee, dawn patrol, the glow patrol, might even have a line on balloon rides from a friends friend.... Hope to see YOU there!!!!!!!!

Axel
SilverToy
Old 03-17-2007, 09:57 AM   #137
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
rallythatmaynotbeanofficialrally

I'm not sure what you mean by that....this is an official rally for the FCU.

Yup this is going to be a great one - I can still get some more folks in if you are interested.

A great way to get close up and personal with balloons, fireworks and lots of fun!

Ken
Rally
restoration rally
Old 03-18-2007, 09:40 PM   #138
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
We're coming as fast as we can, but we still have to wait for October to get here...right now, it's just a ...well...field, and like most fields, kinda ...empty...lordy, Kevbo, what have you done to my thought-responses?
We're in Austin, at the moment, headed to Alabama soon...have met some neat folks at rest areas and parking lots along the way...have a great pic of a live parrot checking out the peeps...mike of mike&tracy
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
Old 03-18-2007, 09:48 PM   #139
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Great to hear from the two of you. Too bad you will not be in Tucson for the 2nd rally. We will see you in NM for the balloon rally, Kevbo can provide the hot air .

Richard

Old 03-18-2007, 09:55 PM   #140
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Whittier , California
Long Live The Peeps

Mike---Glad to see you're on the road and having a great time. Just checked on our peeps today in the trailer. Doing just fine waiting for Easter and transferring to new homes with the four granddaughters. See you and Tracy in Oct at the balloon rally.---Bob of Bob & Diana
Closed Thread