Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 03:39 PM   #181
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Ken,
When do you need the second 50% of the money?

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
Old 06-04-2007, 03:47 PM   #182
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
The second half needs to be paid by 8/31/07 - you can send it anytime, and I have received a few at this point - I'll put out a notice around 7/15 to make sure we have plenty of time to get it all by Aug

Ken
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Old 06-04-2007, 06:48 PM   #183
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
GREAT JOB KEN !!

Thanks for all of your efforts!
Old 06-05-2007, 12:22 AM   #184
_

. , .
thanks ken

my first hot air rally!

2air' on hot air

any idea IF we can arrive early? if so when and who do we contact/pay?

met a newmex artist this week at a show,

she and her husband are vendors at the ballon festival.

they sort of boondock in a utility trailer while at the show....

so i invited them for a beverage.

seems there is a large vendor section and lots of ballon related things 4sale?

anyway, she hinted a special edition object'd'art might be available by october...

which will include a twinkie or 2 in the work...

i'm going to send her some ideas and hope the inspiration hits...

very whimsical colorful stuff she does....

i've got 3 of her pieces hanging IN the trailer!

since my art skill is limited to drawing conclusions...

all graphic ideas and suggestions appreciated...

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:47 PM   #185
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
1960 18' "Footer"
1959 26' Overlander
Riverside , California
Gail and I would likely join the caravan. We might meet the group at the National Trails Highway (Route 66)/Mountain Springs Road exit if I-40 west of there is still necked down to one lane in each direction. Amboy is another possibility for a meeting point but you would have to exit I-40 at Ludow to get to Amboy. That section of Route 66 is a not perfrectly smooth but not so rough that one would avoid it. Be forewarned if you take the section of Route 66 east of Newberry Springs near Barstoww to Ludlow. Sections of it are extremely rough and I would not recommend it with an Airstream unless you doin't mind going about 25 or 30 MPH.

When would people meet and how long would you propose to take for the caravan to Alburquerque? We anticipated leaving on Wednesday and getting there early Thursday around Noon. We might rethink that schedule and leave sometime on Tuesday if it looks like we would have to drive late on Wednesday to keep the Noon arrival time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMEMACHINE
Ken,

Thanks for the update. It is great that you put this together for us to participate. Any of the VIP lots look great as far as location. Did they mention if the 21 spaces are going to be together?

Also, a few of us from So Cal talked about a caravan to the rally, possibly meeting up somewhere near the I15 and I40 interchange. If you have any ideas, please chime in, all suggestions are welcome.

John

What do you want to be in life, a spectator or a participant?

SNU #157
FCU #004
Old 06-06-2007, 04:01 PM   #186
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
Caravan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoman
When would people meet and how long would you propose to take for the caravan to Alburquerque? We anticipated leaving on Wednesday and getting there early Thursday around Noon. We might rethink that schedule and leave sometime on Tuesday if it looks like we would have to drive late on Wednesday to keep the Noon arrival time.
Hi Motoman,

The idea that was kicked about was to meet somewhere for the first night, that way all caravaners could work out their own time getting to the "meeting place" campground/RV park. We talked about somewhere near I15 and I40 so that folks from around California, north and south, could make it in a day or less. The question is, how far east should we meet up?, we even talked as far east as Williams, AZ. I believe that most of us plan on taking at least 2 days to get there and 2 days to get home.

Does anyone else want to chime in on the topic?

John
Old 06-06-2007, 04:40 PM   #187
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMEMACHINE
Hi Motoman,

The idea that was kicked about was to meet somewhere for the first night, that way all caravaners could work out their own time getting to the "meeting place" campground/RV park. We talked about somewhere near I15 and I40 so that folks from around California, north and south, could make it in a day or less. The question is, how far east should we meet up?, we even talked as far east as Williams, AZ. I believe that most of us plan on taking at least 2 days to get there and 2 days to get home.

Does anyone else want to chime in on the topic?

John
The Williams area was selected because Kevbo has a cowboy dive bar he likes to visit. That might be worth the price of admission itself! Jan & I will try and meet up with the group if possible somewhere around Flagstaff. I think we should so a cell number exchange via PM when this thing get close. Then we can find out where folks are on the road.

Richard

Old 06-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #188
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Cowboy dive bar? Williams, AZ? We consider ourselves to be mobile. What the heck. Keep us posted.

Pat
Old 06-06-2007, 06:32 PM   #189
4 Rivet Member

1960 18' "Footer"
1959 26' Overlander
Riverside , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
The Williams area was selected because Kevbo has a cowboy dive bar he likes to visit. That might be worth the price of admission itself! Jan & I will try and meet up with the group if possible somewhere around Flagstaff. I think we should so a cell number exchange via PM when this thing get close. Then we can find out where folks are on the road.

The Williams area and the cowboy bar works for us but are there any animals on the roof for Kevin? We still could meet other Southern California types somewhere between Barstow and the Colorado River for the drive to Williams. There is a nice Forest Service Campground on the west side of Williams overlooking a small lake if we don't want or need hookups. If Williams ends up being too far we know some other campgrounds and RV parks along the way.

SNU #157
FCU #004
Old 06-06-2007, 07:32 PM   #190
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
The Williams area and the cowboy bar works for us but are there any animals on the roof for Kevin?
Just peeps!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0174.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	38750  

Richard

Old 06-06-2007, 08:08 PM   #191
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Try this??

Quote:
The Williams area and the cowboy bar works for us but are there any animals on the roof for Kevin? We still could meet other Southern California types somewhere between Barstow and the Colorado River for the drive to Williams. .
Motoman,

I do like your idea of the first night (Wednesday) being somewhere between Barstow and the Colorado River (Needles). That would make it a lot easier for our comrades in the north as well as anyone coming from San Diego. It also means that some of us could leave after work and still make it for the rendevous. Thursday night we join up with AZ folks in or around Williams, and then Friday (if we leave Williams early enough) we arrive at the Ballon Rally sometime in the afternoon.

If this schedule gets us into the Ballon Rally too late on Friday, maybe we can move it up a day and spend Thursday night (we can arrive as late as we like) in Albuquerque at the American RV Park 10 miles west of the I40/I25 junction. it would then be an easy hop over to the Festival grounds early Friday.

More thoughts?

John
Old 06-06-2007, 09:45 PM   #192
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
We can pickup Motoman at Kelbaker road and I 40. Big flat dirt lot there for a potty break and then go on to Blakes RV park on the far side of Kingman. Truck stop and diner at the same exit and we can fill and empty trucks and trailers for the boondocking to come.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:27 AM   #193
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
2air

Yes there are tons of venders - lots to do during the day after the balloons have landed - you (hopefully) will have pay for everything prior to arriving since all money to due to the fiesta folks by 8/31 - we can perhaps all meet in a mall parking lot or something and arrive in mass - I actually think that helps the balloon fiesta folks park us.

I'm up for starting out earlier in the week if we all want to get together at another - campground? wallmark parking lot? (I'm kidding on that one) farmers field?

Ken
Rally
restoration rally
Old 06-10-2007, 11:03 AM   #194
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Last stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J
I'm up for starting out earlier in the week if we all want to get together at another - campground? wallmark parking lot? (I'm kidding on that one) farmers field?
Ken
Ken,

You are probably correct, if there is any way we can show up or caravan into the balloon fiesta RV parking, we will make it easier to get parked. On an earlier post, it was suggested that some of the Cal/AZ folks rendevous at the American RV Park just west of the I40/I25 interchange on Thursday. That way we can roll in early on Friday and avoid potential traffic. Last year we ran into a WBCCI caravan at the park (about 50 Airstreams), so we know they are AS friendly. It is a very nice RV park with full hook ups and propane.

We can all figure out the plan to get there later, but this may be a good place for the last stop before final approach. What do you think?

John
Old 06-10-2007, 11:31 AM   #195
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Just as an FYI - Regional 11 is holding its rally the same weeked at American RV park - so you all may want to pick another park so as to not get confused when you show up.

Ken
Rally
restoration rally
Old 06-10-2007, 02:01 PM   #196
_

. , .
hi ken and the other ba-loon watchers...

still very vague on timing,

but i might arrive in the area as early as oct 1...

and thinking creatively about boondocking/camping for these earlier days...

open to all ideas...

almost.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:09 PM   #197
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
Just keep me posted about when and where to show up...
-Bam
Old 06-10-2007, 02:13 PM   #198
4 Rivet Member

1960 18' "Footer"
1959 26' Overlander
Riverside , California
Not having been in a caravan or having attended the Balloon Festival I have a question about arriving in acaravan. Is it more of a problem for the people parking us if we arrive enmasse since 21 trailers may stack out into the public streets which will be crowded by other visitors to the festival vs arriving one up to a few at a time?

SNU #157
FCU #004
Old 06-10-2007, 02:30 PM   #199
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
2 air

We check in on 10/5 and check out on 10/9 - as far as arriving, and I'll find out more as we get closer, I think they prefer we all arrive at the same time - there will be a gazillion other (thats Airstream talk for a lot) of other RV's checking at the same time - so this is something they have worked with before - especially on 10/5 since its the first day of the rally

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 06-10-2007, 02:47 PM   #200
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Meetin' place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J
Just as an FYI - Regional 11 is holding its rally the same weeked at American RV park - so you all may want to pick another park so as to not get confused when you show up.

Ken
Is it poor etiquette to rally at the same RV Park?.....confussion? Your are kiddin..right?.....we got Kevbo...no one is going to confuse us with him on board, even in New Mexico.

But seriously, if they have space and we get a reasonaable consensus, would it be OK to meet there on Thursday. If not, can you suggest another location?

Thanks,
John