Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-15-2004, 11:32 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Florida State Rally - Sarasota

Anyone have any information on the Sarasota Rally Feb 23-27, 2005? Where it will be hosted park/grounds, activities, services etc.

Also any information from those who have attended previous FSR's and pictures always great to see pictures!?

We purchased our GT- "MoonBeam" last February - with the intent on taking our winter Vacations in a little warmer weather. This year we are starting out small with just 2 weeks. But with each year we will be adding a week till all 6 weeks are used up in one go. And when we retire in 12 years - yep you guessed it - yet another "SnowBird" will be on the list - and hopefully by then we will be in a unit a little longer than 21'.

Any information you can share with us about this Rally would be very much appreciated - and of course is anyone out there planning to go to this Rally too?

PS. You know winter is coming.....We have this forum as our home page again. During the summer it was the weather network as the home page - well we know what the weather is going to be like fairly soon - (cold and white).

We had so much fun on this forum over last winter and early spring - and so many people helped us out with all the little quirks our vintage unit had and still has. Not everything is working to perfection yet - but she sure does look pretty inside and cozy.

Cheers

Sharon & Peter
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 04:08 PM   #2
Magazine publisher
Commercial Member

Ferrisburg , Vermont
Sharon & Peter, the FSR is always the same. Some people like it that way, others don't. It will be in Sarasota at the Fairgrounds, which are just a mile or two off I-75.

Services are "rally electric" and water. Not sure about pump-outs. There are a LOT of things to do in Sarasota, great restaurants, beaches, museums, etc.

I know people on this forum are working to get an agenda in advance of the event, but I'll let them post details on when that will be available.

One new thing I can tell you about: The magazine is planning to host a Photography Seminar/Workshop on the last day (Sunday, Feb 27) nearby. We'll have details available in a few weeks.
Airstream Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 05:18 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
North Central Texas , USA
This just might be a good place to be for a winter respite.!
RivetED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 12:44 PM   #4
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
The dates of the rally are Feb 23-27th. The schedule has not been set to the point where it has been made available to me. The rally theme this year is the 50's. As soon as I can get the schedule I will post it to this thread.

For those of you wishing to extend your stay here in FL there is a post rally event as well. The post rally is going to be at Disney. You will be parked at Ft Wilderness, 2 nights for 95.90, a rally fee of 7.00.

They will also offer discounted tickets to the parks if you need them. The only issue is the registration deadline for the post rally being 12/31/04. Past that day they have to get the info to the park.

If you wish to get a rally registration form, or a post rally form let me know. I am in the process of scanning them and I can email them to you in a PDF form.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 12:50 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
We will be there and wouldn't it be neat to have a "Forums" happy hour one afternoon? A good way for us to meet one another.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 12:53 PM   #6
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
We will be there as well. We would love to have a forums happy hour again this year, I will be sure to get a sign up sheet posted too, so we can find each other. Last year we made some buttons for members to wear so that we could recognize each other when we saw the button. I will have to see if my better half is up to making some buttons again, if folks want them, that is........
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

Old 10-31-2004, 01:26 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
Brett I have been going to Melborne for the last 4 years but for various reasons I have never made the Florida State Rally. This year it is a definate instead of something that I will do if it fits in the schedule. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 01:54 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewkid64
I will have to see if my better half is up to making some buttons again, if folks want them, that is........
Brett,
I don't know if we can make it this year, but I thought the buttons were very nice. (Thanks to you and your wife) They helped me recognize some of the wonderful people who have been so helpful on this forum.
Wayne
wayner1239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 02:19 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Hi,
Terry and I will be there. He will be there the entire time, but like last year, I may have to be among the missing the first few days. But hope to be there on time.
Marie
Old 10-31-2004, 11:01 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Lightbulb Thanks to Replys

Gees I am sorry - how time flies! Actually had a bit of a brain fart! Changed my e-mail address and had to re-do the password thing - and could not remember it. I followed the directions to change it but I missed getting the e-mail instructions. Oh well just kept guessing and finally got it tonight.

Thanks Bret for the info - and yes if you have a minute Peter and I would really appreciate a copy of the forms you mentioned - interested in the post Rally too as we will be heading in that general direction afterward - sounds like fun.

Airstream Life - thanks for your info too - the Photo seminar sound great as I am a nut with a camera - these digital ones make life too easy - I really miss my SLR - but there is now way my digital photo album would be at about 7000 right now. Must sign up for the magazine - keep forgetting but I would love to get it next week I will get on it.

PS. Anyone ever heading up our way (Stoney Lake, Ontario CND)- we just put in a nice big Courtesy Parking spot - will be set up just as if you where at a boondock campsite in the middle of our "Chattering Woods" forest. - although fresh water and soon to be 30amp service is not far - may even work on a pump that could pump straight to our septic tank. It will be MoonBeam's winter home and guest parking in the spring/summer/fall. We offer Courtesy Parking through WBCCI but certainly will open our driveway for forum members too! One day we might just get to meet some of you - hopefully the Florida State Rally!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Courtesy ParkingON.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	9306  
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 06:15 AM   #11
3 Rivet Member

vancouver , Washington
We plan on attending. Do hope the weather lets us de-winterize at home before we get on the road. Would very much be interested in any forum get togethers as well.
Allison Duramax 4X4
Hensley Arrow hitch
Kodiak / Actibrake Disc Brakes
Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller
Doran Pressure Pro
WBCCI #2984 Air # 4173
aluminauts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 06:18 AM   #12
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Here is the post rally form. I am still working on the actual rally form, but that one is in the Blue Beret too.

The Florida State rally is open to ALL owners of an Airstream product, so even if you are not a WBCCI member you can come.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2005 Florida State Post Rally Promo.pdf (82.1 KB, 147 views)
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49

Old 11-09-2004, 06:37 AM   #13
Rivet Master

We went last year, had a great time, parked vintage. Hope to make it this year. The beach is great for the little ones. Does anyone know if the "FSR" website will be updated? It's still showing last years info. http://www.wbccifsr.com/Paul Waddell
WBCCI/VAC/WDCU 1270
rideair is offline   Reply With Quote