Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-13-2009, 04:25 PM   #1
Rivet Master

East Coast VAC Rally "2009"

East Coast VAC Rally 2009

Come one, Come all to the 2nd (hope to be annual) “East Coast VAC Rally” this year being held at the wonderful “Saco River Campground in North Conway, NH” (http://www.sacorivercampingarea.com/). If you made it to last years, you know the drill; Fun, camping, relaxing, camping, kid’s, camping have a happy hour and repeat. “BYAMVILLE” was alive and well and this year looks to be the same. Checkout last years pictures and you'll know why you need to be there!

http://www.pfredd.com/gallery/eastcoastvac08

As last year, this will be a buddy rally and all Airstream owners are welcome to attend. This year’s “East Coast VAC Rally” host will be Wayne and Linda Moore (Wayne is the Region 1 VAC Rep) with many folks helping out along the way. So mark your calendars now for this event. Here’s what Wayne has to say:

Hi Gang,

Come join other Vintage Trailer Owners for a weekend of Fun, Friendship and Adventure in the White Mountains of New Hampshire! This will be a WBCCI Buddy Rally so all Airstream Owners regardless of membership are invited to come! If you are not an Airstream Owner you are invited to make direct reservations with the Campground and they will accommodate you pending availability! Please email us that you will be coming so we can get you parked near us!

We have reserved 40+ sites at the Saco River Campground in North Conway, NH. The rally is sponsored by the Vintage Airstream Intra-Club and all WBCCI members are encouraged to attend. As it was the last time we hosted a vintage event here, this promises to be the largest outing of Vintage Airstream trailers in the northeast outside of the WBCCI International! We scheduled this so that those who intend on heading for Wisconsin will still have plenty of time to join the VAC Parade in Madison!

As it has been for many years, the VAC’s policy is that we are “just camping“, so for those who are not familiar with this part of the world, come prepared to take on the rugged beauty of our mountains, lakes and streams. Fishing, Biking, Mountain Hiking, Scenic Trains and Auto Roads, and for the less adventurous, shopping and fine dining, not to mention country pubs and local entertainment can all be had, some within walking distance. A trailer open house is planned for Saturday afternoon ending with a social hour and a catered dinner and of course a group campfire!

The dates are June 18-21, 2009 and Reservations will be taken through May 1st. However we need to have at least 10 paid Reservations by March 1st to hold the balance of sites to the May deadline! So don't miss a chance to hook up with other vintage enthusiasts and send your reservation and rally fee in today!

The camping and rally fee per trailer is $140 for 3 nights camping with 3 or 4 way hook-ups, continental breakfasts and catered dinner.

A rally package with an itinerary, campground map, and directions from major highways will be sent to all early registrants.

Send your Rally fee to:

VAC East Coast Rally
C/O Wayne and Linda Moore
131 Castle Hill Rd
Windham, NH. 03087

Make checks payable to Linda Moore!

Hope to see you all there

Wayne A. Moore wam52@prodigy.net
Vintage Airstream Club
Region 1 Rep 2009

Linda Moore
Vintage Airstream Club moorlinda2@prodigy.net
Past Treasurer 2000-2005

So, don’t miss out on your chance to attend the WBCCI “East Coast VAC Rally” of the year. I’m sending in my information today, I’ll be there, will you?? Understand, the campground is only willing to hold the campsites for so long, so you must act early. If you have question, please contact either Wayne, Linda or myself.

Until Next Time,

Paul Waddell
Region 2 VAC Guy
info@region2-vac.com

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	group1234.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	73867   Click image for larger version

Name:	reg2-past.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	73868  

Old 05-03-2009, 08:02 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
1963 16' Bambi
Vacationland , Maine
We have signed up for the Rally and would like to hear from others that are planning to attend. This is a good location for Airstreamers to get to from the northeast, New York and Canadian regions.

Any new news or updates about this rally?
safari62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:33 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
1953 17' Clipper
Mendon , Vermont
Hi--We are going! It sounds like fun.
pinktrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:33 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1962 22' Flying Cloud
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
Freeport , Maine
any room left to sign up?
1954 Romany Cruiser
# 4517
smcpheters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:11 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
1963 16' Bambi
Vacationland , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcpheters View Post
any room left to sign up?
Contact info on the first post. Email and mail. Sign up!
Old 05-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #6
the biggoofball is mine

1973 27' Overlander
1972 Argosy 22
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Beautiful Southern Connecticut , Gateway to NEW ENGLAND Unit
we're in.
Allie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:40 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
1953 17' Clipper
Mendon , Vermont
Did anyone receive rally packet??

Allie & Skip--Glad you're going!! I signed up way back, but did not receive a rally packet. It would be nice to know what the itinerary is. Does anyone have this info?
Old 05-11-2009, 08:52 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
1963 16' Bambi
Vacationland , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktrailer View Post
Allie & Skip--Glad you're going!! I signed up way back, but did not receive a rally packet. It would be nice to know what the itinerary is. Does anyone have this info?
I just re read the first post and it mentions "Early Registrants" will receive an itinerary.
I think we qualify as early registrants....yes? No package to me.

I have looked for information on the Forums (two posts) and the VAClist (one post). Vintage Airstream Club??? New England Unit wbcci does not list it with their rally updates?

Can we hear more updates and maybe just a little "buz" about this Rally from the hosts and others planning to attend?

There is an old saying that anticipation is the greatest part of doing.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:04 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
1953 17' Clipper
Mendon , Vermont
VAC Rally in New Hampshire--We Need More Info!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari62 View Post
I just re read the first post and it mentions "Early Registrants" will receive an itinerary.
I think we qualify as early registrants....yes? No package to me.

I have looked for information on the Forums (two posts) and the VAClist (one post). Vintage Airstream Club??? New England Unit wbcci does not list it with their rally updates?

Can we hear more updates and maybe just a little "buz" about this Rally from the hosts and others planning to attend?

There is an old saying that anticipation is the greatest part of doing.
I, too, am looking forward to the "anticipation" part, I just don't know where we are going to get more information. Somewhere, I have the mailing address of where I sent my check. Maybe I'll contact her, and see if we can get an itinerary.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:11 AM   #10
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
1953 17' Clipper
Mendon , Vermont
I just emailed Linda, Wayne and Paul asking for more info.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
1953 17' Clipper
Mendon , Vermont
Info Packets Will Go Out Next Week!!!!

Hi--Wayne told me that they are working on the "packet" right now, and we should receive it by email next week. There are still a few spots left.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:28 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
1963 16' Bambi
Vacationland , Maine
Quote:
Hi--Wayne told me that they are working on the "packet" right now, and we should receive it by email next week. There are still a few spots left.
Thanks for the detective work.....we will be looking out for the goods. Any clues to how many trailers and MoHo's will be there?

Maybe there will be an update?
Old 05-14-2009, 04:09 PM   #13
the biggoofball is mine

1973 27' Overlander
1972 Argosy 22
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Beautiful Southern Connecticut , Gateway to NEW ENGLAND Unit
http://www.visitnh..gov/maps-guides-...ors-guide.aspx

I used this link that Linda emailed and requested a visitors packet from the state of NH.

Thanks Linda!
Allie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:08 AM   #14
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
1953 17' Clipper
Mendon , Vermont
Did you all receive your email/itinerary????

Hi all--I just received my itinerary via email. It sounds great....lots of free time to explore. It's a great area.

I believe that I heard that there are 40 units going to the rally, and that there were a couple of spots left.

Anyone else bringing kayaks? I'm wondering about whether I should put all my racks on the car, so I can carry 4 or 5 boats to a release spot, leave the car, and then someone else can bring me back to get it.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:50 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
1963 16' Bambi
Vacationland , Maine
East Coast VAC

Quote:
Hi all--I just received my itinerary via email. It sounds great....lots of free time to explore. It's a great area.

I believe that I heard that there are 40 units going to the rally, and that there were a couple of spots left.

Anyone else bringing kayaks? I'm wondering about whether I should put all my racks on the car, so I can carry 4 or 5 boats to a release spot, leave the car, and then someone else can bring me back to get it.
No itinerary to us...... Maybe the Hosts could post something on this thread.
We could bring a vessel of some sort. Starting from Northbridge in North Conway to the campground is about five miles all down stream on the Saco River. There is also Conway Lake (large) and Crystal Lake (small) for kayak.
Also some serious Mt. Biking if anyone is interested doing that. I bike with a group of "seasoned" (read older) riders often in the White Mountains. There is a ride close to the campground that runs along the Saco and can climb if riders need more exercise.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:57 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member

1955 16' Bubble
Bradford , New Hampshire
communication

Hey everyone - I know Linda doesn't use the Forums and I'm not sure that Wayne does either. If you have questions about the rally, I would suggest you contact one of them directly:

wam52@yahoo.com or lindamoorenh@yahoo.com

I know they are working hard to get everything arranged for this rally, and that it will be lots of fun. See you there!
Old 05-18-2009, 06:45 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
1953 17' Clipper
Mendon , Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari62 View Post
No itinerary to us...... Maybe the Hosts could post something on this thread.
We could bring a vessel of some sort. Starting from Northbridge in North Conway to the campground is about five miles all down stream on the Saco River. There is also Conway Lake (large) and Crystal Lake (small) for kayak.
Also some serious Mt. Biking if anyone is interested doing that. I bike with a group of "seasoned" (read older) riders often in the White Mountains. There is a ride close to the campground that runs along the Saco and can climb if riders need more exercise.
I just attached the itinerary for those who didn't receive it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VINTAGE RALLY SCHEDULE.pdf (36.9 KB, 129 views)
Old 06-08-2009, 02:57 PM   #18
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
Thank you PT!!

I've started thinking about this trip. I might start packing a little here and there in the evening from now on.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:40 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
1963 16' Bambi
Vacationland , Maine
Exclamation Bike Week

Just a heads up for those travelling from the south to avoid the Laconia area for BIKE WEEK traffic. Tens of thousands of part time pirates stuck in traffic, baking their tattoos and contibuting to each others hearing loss. Most are so busy checking each others outfits they have a hard time controlling their machines.
If you see them staring at your trailer don't get the wrong idea....they are just checking out their latest leather vest. Don't smile an wave. That just pisses em' off more.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:53 AM   #20
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
1953 17' Clipper
Mendon , Vermont
Ha Ha!! I'll make sure I don't touch up my polish, so they can't use it for a mirror!! I was debating about which way to go, so I appreciate the heads up. Since I'll be traveling through on Thursday will I miss all the bike traffic??