Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-01-2008, 09:22 PM   #61

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Folks, the mods are stepping in since the post has started turning personal. We think the topic regarding scheduling another rally close to or during the International has pretty much been played out. Points on both sides have been made and quite honestly the turn towards the personal side pretty much shows that this one has reached its logical conclusion.

Now if someone wants to bring this thread back on its original topic go for it. Otherwise we will consider further posts regarding the rally date vs. International Rally off topic.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:04 AM   #62
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Greeeneville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
The rally in VA will soon be here. I am still working on the trailer. Anyone else finishing up last minute details?
visit my restoration blog at:
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:21 PM   #63
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverhobby
The rally in VA will soon be here. I am still working on the trailer. Anyone else finishing up last minute details?
Yes. Oh, yes. Since the CBR I have:

--Changed the oil.
--Resealed the Fantastic Fan. Twice. It was still leaking after the first time so I slathered another coat on Sunday morning. Waiting for rain to see if this one takes.
--Slapped some caulk on a window that was leaking badly. Again, waiting for rain.
--Replaced a piece of particleboard that was damaged from the original leaks. The new board is sitting in the camper but I'm not installing it until I see no water inside during a rainstorm.
--Replaced two speakers.
--Cleaned all the bedding - again - that got wet from the aforementioned leak. The mattresses are sitting in my spare bedroom at home.
--Replaced the dump valves.
--Tried to figure out why I found coolant under the camper a couple weeks back. No luck there. The radiator is full.
--Replaced the AM/FM antenna.
--Still to do: grease the bearings in the tow dolly.
--Friday I have a guy coming to repair the propane valve - it leaks when I turn it on and off. Afterwards I have to go get propane since it's now empty.

My neighbor commented that I must really love working on my camper. My thought was, "I can see why you'd have that impression..."

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:50 AM   #64
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
just to add to the "to do, don't miss" list for this rally.... The Frontier Culture Museum of Virginia this is one of the finest museums out there. If anyone is planning to go sight seeing, please put this at the top of the list. You will be glad you went. It is very interesting to see what the various cultures left and why they left the old world to come to the new world. I rarely hear any mention of this museum and we are planning to see it again.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 06:40 AM   #65
3 Rivet Member

1981 22' Excella II
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Colbert , Georgia
Taking a short break from the heat

Yes, I have a few more details to complete..working to finish in time for the rally a 67GT: Almost finished polishing, still working on the interior, working on the plumbing, and a few more minor details. Really looking forward to meeting other forum members.

Levon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3591.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	673.9 KB
ID:	61799   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3592.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	679.4 KB
ID:	61800  

Click image for larger version