Old 09-17-2007, 07:18 PM   #15
Rivet Master
1972 Argosy 20
2007 Base Camp
Middletown , New Jersey
Originally Posted by IH Collector
Hey there Paul,

Hope all is well with you and the DC Unit. Melanie and I had a great time joining you for the Perry Caravan and would very much like to come out for this one next June. Please keep us in the loop.

Finally finished up the Travelall this August (see attached). Took the rig to Jackson Center and the IH Nats in Springfield.

Talk to you soon. Paul
We saw your rig at JC back in August when our Basecamp was in for repairs. Just wanted to say (again) SWEEEEEET!

Bob Fowler

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TAC - NJ-007

bobfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:53 PM   #16
Rivet Master

The members would be, Wayne Moore, Rob Baker, Colin Hyde, Nancy Platt, Pete Daniel and a few others. The place we are currently looking at is not a campground and must be rented as a whole for what could be a "flat dollar" amount. Before we go and laying out the cash to rent the place, I'm trying to see if there is some interest for such an event on the east coast and that weekend. The place we are looking at has other events and we must also work around their schedule. Since the "Cherry Blossom Rally" is a WDCU event, with limit space and is very close to being max out, it would be hard to add to it. Also, if you have it in the spring, you cut down on the number of working families with chidren who could attend. Also, since the site we are looking at has "limited" W/E so running the A/C is not an option for a mid-summer event. By having it on the 3rd weekend, it gives people over a week to get to International, which should be plenty of time for travel. And since many of the people who will be helping host the rally are in Region 1 and 2, we have both of the Region 1&2 Rallies to work around. Again, this is not set in stone, just a work in progress. Since we all are members, I think we all should have input and that's what I'm trying to give everyone the chance to do.

Your feed back is the very reason, I put it out there. It gives us something to think about.

Paul Waddell
rideair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:13 PM   #17
Rivet Master
1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California

A couple of comments, June starts on a Sunday, the third full weekend would be the 21st and 22nd, with Fathers Day being the weekend before. The International starts on June 28, the fourth weekend. The Vintage parade is some time before the 28th, if it is the 26th that would be Thursday which would give the east coast people only three full days to travel over 2000 miles (the distance from Washington DC to Bozeman, MT). Is that possible?

I think that an East Coast Vintage Rally is a great idea, but perhaps late July or early August would work better.

Just an idea,

Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:42 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Thanks for spelling it out better than I. Having an East Coast VAC rally very near to the International date, may place some in quandary by having to pick and choose what rally to attend.
Currently ourselves, we have a 2000 mile quandary right at this very moment, trying to figure how we are going to drive from Denver to Quebec City in 4 1/4 days from the evening of Oct !st to Oct 5th, providing we have smooth mechanical sailing. We are in throws of not going because of time/distance constraints, since our scheduled time to travel has changed and been pushed back 2 weeks. Our Columbus Day weekend (US) and Canada's Thanksgiving (Oct.6-8, 3 day weekend) are making arrangements difficult. 2000 miles is a long, long distance that will take more than a couple of days to get to International, say from Washington DC to Bozeman.
As you said Bill, then there is the VAC Parade. We need to all participate in the parade to support of current Prez and VP
"62 ATW Overlander, '51 Flying Cloud
'67 GT, '90 Squarestream 29ft, 06 Bambi, Bigfoot slide in/GMC Denali K2500, Marathon Coach, Class A.
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:51 PM   #19
Rivet Master
Thanks for listing of your planning members. I know all but Rob and Nancy. Please make every effort to avoid competing with the International date on either side of it, politics asside, and not create an alternative rally site.
"62 ATW Overlander, '51 Flying Cloud
'67 GT, '90 Squarestream 29ft, 06 Bambi, Bigfoot slide in/GMC Denali K2500, Marathon Coach, Class A.
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:07 PM   #20
1 Rivet Member
1975 27' Overlander
Currently Looking...
front royal , Virginia
i would attend!!!!!
bill long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:51 PM   #21
Rivet Master
1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
Paul, put us down as coming and helping. You pick the time, we'll be there!
You'll never please everyone, there's too much going on and everyone wants to be at everything.
Doug & Terry
60 Ambassador Int.
98 Safari
56 Flying Cloud
68 Tradewind
1950 Spartan
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 05:55 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member
1964 26' Overlander
South Weymouth , Massachusetts
2008 Rally

We would definately be interested!
anniescc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:13 PM   #23
Rivet Master
2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Yes we would too - no definites - but just keep in mind not all Vac'rs can make the International - so should we all loose out because of dual events???

Just gives people a choice now doesn't it

I would love to see more Vac events in the East....there are lots of us....
Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not alright now, then it is not the end.
GT1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:15 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Western , Kentucky
If this is an "open" rally I would be interested and the timing would be fine.

Greg Jones
CaptainJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:58 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
If you are in the SOUTH EAst and interested our twice a year Rally draws vintage as well as newer units, and some older SOBs as well. We are doing it again Oct 26 weekend in Hiawassee, GA.
Check our posts and web site for more info.
1966 Overlander
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:28 PM   #26
Rivet Master
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Anything happening with this event?
WBCCI Region One

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 11:34 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member
1968 24' Tradewind
Crestview , Florida
A location in or around VA or WV around the time frame your talking would appeal to me. In my situatuion I still work operating a landscape business so attending national at Boozeman in '08 isn't feasible for us. But a few days closer by is feasible. I know most Airstream owners however are probably retired or work a job that they can actually schedule vacation time to be away. For now, we just attend what we can. Guaranteed-- no matter when you schedule it, there will be those who can't make it for one reason or another. I say just schedule the event for whenever and those who can attend will, that's all you can do.
Courtesy parking-- water, elect. and wi-fi.
To those who are about to Stream-I salute you!
greywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 11:57 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member
1968 24' Tradewind
Crestview , Florida
I didn't really want to post two times in a row but I have other concerns that may be reflective of others as well. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade and I try to have a positive outlook on everything. I've been a WBCCI member for about a year and a half and so far I have not heard or found one real appealing reason to attend an International rally. I love our local rallies but I read of a lot of "pomp and circumstance" at these internationals and that doesn't appeal to me. I'm out of the military and that kind of stuff just doesn't trip my trigger. Additionally, to have a rally in late July or early August with temps in the 90's with no AC, I don't think so. That stuff was fun when I was in the Boy Scouts, had no choice about it while serving in the middle east, ain't gonna do it here unless it's far enough north or in the mountains where heat isn't an issue. We deal with enough heat already in FL but at least at the local rallies we can run the AC!

Courtesy parking-- water, elect. and wi-fi.
To those who are about to Stream-I salute you!
greywolf is offline   Reply With Quote