Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Barry & Donna... Bummer! So sorry to hear this...but glad no one was hurt... Where are you at the moment?

Hope you can get it all fixed up as good as new quickly so we can see you at Dead Horse!

Good luck!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich View Post
Barry & Donna... Bummer! So sorry to hear this...but glad no one was hurt... Where are you at the moment?

Hope you can get it all fixed up as good as new quickly so we can see you at Dead Horse!

Good luck!
Thanks Terry. We are in Tucson, looks like we are heading toward Q for a day or two, then Yuma. Tried Oasis RV in Tucson for repairs but can't even get them motivated to provide an estimate for the insurance company. So, off to Al's RV to see what they are willing and able to do.

Hey, we got a surprise - it rains in AZ???????? What's with that? At least it isn't snowing like it is at home .
Old 01-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #23
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
We are now back home and finishing up the planning for the rally. If you have signed up, please do not forget to send me your information and a check. I will be sending out reminders shortly.

Registration Form

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Not having any success finding a repair center capable of fixing our trailer . Until we find out if we will actually have it then, or if it is in for repairs, we are not able to fully commit. (I know, many think I should have been committed years ago - particularly Donna).

We will let you know as soon as we find out.

If anyone has any suggestions about where to take a vintage Airstream in AZ for body repairs would appreciate the info. We've been to Oasis in Tucson - so far it has been painful, took them two weeks to respond to phone and email so went in and got a feeling they are so busy that ours would just hang in limbo. I did finally get a quote from the owner though, so we'll see. Tried Al's RV here in Yuma but they apparently don't do actual body part replacement.

Oh well........any leads would be appreciated. My fear is that the insurance company is going to write the trailer off, then we are on the hunt for another '62 or older Tradewind.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #25
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Give Uwe at Area 63 productions a call. He is in Orange California and does a lot of metal work on vintage trailers.

Area 63 Productions

Richard

Old 01-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Disappointed to hear that Oasis has not dealt with you better. They did body work for us after we had damage due to a blowout and they did it very quickly, etc and worked well with the insurance co, too....no complaints. I know they can handle it. We've seen them handling major body work. I will say that they are not good with returning messages, though, and email is useless with them. If you are still trying to work with them talk to either Joe (the owner) or Rick (the service manager). Good luck!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 01-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich View Post
Disappointed to hear that Oasis has not dealt with you better. They did body work for us after we had damage due to a blowout and they did it very quickly, etc and worked well with the insurance co, too....no complaints. I know they can handle it. We've seen them handling major body work. I will say that they are not good with returning messages, though, and email is useless with them. If you are still trying to work with them talk to either Joe (the owner) or Rick (the service manager). Good luck!
Joe did respond, but it took two weeks. Our visit to their offices was painful, to say the least, just trying to learn anything about if they would/could even tackle it. But, as mentioned, Joe did finally call and provide a quote. Our fear is if they are that unresponsive just providing the quote, how commited are they going to be at actually doing the work.

This afternoon in Yuma Roger and I found two places that are doing Airstream restoration work and both are anxious to provide quotes. One has a few on their lot that they either have or are about to work on. Will keep you posted - and have not ruled out Oasis, but would certainly like to find a firm who actually appear to want to fix our trailer and understand our need to get it done.

Thanks again, Terry, and you too Richard, and the others who were kind enough to respond. We do very much appreciate it. I just hope the insurance company does not force a write-off but they don't have emotion attached to their responses, just $$$$$.

Oh well, life happens.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

2000 34' Excella
Tucson , Arizona
Rich /Jan,

What do you folks need? Got everything squared away?

E
elolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Louis - you must be practicing your "good weather dance" given the great weather in Yuma this week. Keep it up so we can enjoy the gathering at DH.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:01 AM   #30
3 Rivet Member

tires on the ground here

the weather has been splendid. the night sky crisp and clear for star watching. i'm hoping to get some trout fishing in and at least dinner for two or more. i'll need a lot of luck. we do have a bunch of wood we'll bring for "disco inferno" time. hope all trailers come whole and healed.
dsrtgrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #31
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by elolson View Post
Rich /Jan,

What do you folks need? Got everything squared away?

E
I think we are almost squared away. We can't wait to see you and the kids again. I will make sure I keep a long space available for your trailer.

Richard

Old 01-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #32
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtgrls View Post
the weather has been splendid. the night sky crisp and clear for star watching. i'm hoping to get some trout fishing in and at least dinner for two or more. i'll need a lot of luck. we do have a bunch of wood we'll bring for "disco inferno" time. hope all trailers come whole and healed.
The trout fishing sounds great to me. According to the Game & Fish Department, the lagoons are being stock every 2 weeks over the winter months. Thanks for reminding me that I need to get a 2012 fishing license.

The weather has been fantastic this year (knocking on wood) with daytime temperatures in the mid 60s and cooling down to around 40 every night.

Thanks for remembering the firewood. If everyone brings a little, we will have plenty...

Richard

Old 01-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #33
3 Rivet Member

1966 17' Caravel
salida , Colorado
it's really too bad that we won't make this one i could provide the counterculture disco sucks side of things just like we did in the 70's by burning bee gee albums and silk shirts in 55 gal. drum!! and cranking up the zeppelin to drown out that wretched sound. ha!
but alas we shall be on kauai kayaking with whales and surfing and eating sushi and drinking things with umbrellas......have fun ya'll maybe we'll catch up to you at spring break
cojer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #34
3 Rivet Member

1966 17' Caravel
salida , Colorado
oh and one more thing for you flyfishers...you may have heard rumours that i was trying to set up a rally up here in the colorado high country...just haven't figured out where to do it yet. but if i can figure that out i will be able to take you guys fishing on the river biscuit. so keep it in mind and hope that i can find a good place around here to throw a rally
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rio grande fish trip 2010 015.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	305.6 KB
ID:	149612  
cojer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #35
R n B

1965 17' Caravel
1961 24' Tradewind
Ephrata , Washington
We are planning on Dead Horse, unless something changes our plans. Heading for casa grande area Monday. Richard we will pay when we get there. Roger
King O D Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:52 AM   #36
Rivet Master

2008 27' Classic FB
1959 22' Flying Cloud
fairview , New Mexico
Julianne do you still need the satellite antenna? Let me know that way I will put it in the AS. Tamara and I are working hard at getting the limited ready. We need about 1.5 sq. ft. on the floor. It is looking nice.

Avion C11
1959 Flying Cloud
1969 Tradewind
1973 Safari
1983 34 ft Limited
2004 F250 superduty ext cab
2014 F350 longbed superduty crewcab
arodriguez60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #37
3 Rivet Member

richard and jan or anybody else, anybody getting in prior to friday arrival?
dsrtgrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #38
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
We are planning to arrive sometime on Thursday.

Richard

Old 02-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #39
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
I have put together a helpful document that covers the events of the rally. Please note that all events are optional. We will have a white board at the Ramada that will list the days events and any changes. If there is something that we missed, it can be added. Jan and I are your hosts, but it is your rally. Our goal is for everyone to have a fun weekend!

One of the items on the list of items to bring is Disco music. We are looking for 79s & 80s stuff. CDs and Cassettes will work on our player, but 4/8 track and vinyl will not.

C U at the Disco!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Disco Dead Horse.pdf (73.8 KB, 55 views)

Richard

Old 02-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #40
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
We are planning to arrive sometime on Thursday.
We are planning to arrive on Thursday as well. See you all there!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI