Old 01-28-2008, 11:46 AM   #85
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Richard & Jan,
Can we do anything to help...?like drink the excess beer, or shine the M-ball, or eat all the unwanted bbq? I'm gonna try to watch Kevbo really close this year and see if I can become a 'greeter' when he's not around to do his job...m

We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:49 AM   #86
Rivet Master

1959 22' Flying Cloud
1969 25' Tradewind
1983 34' Limited
fairview , New Mexico
Let's get the party started!

OK, we have about 3 weeks till Dead Horse 2. I was thinking that we all had a great time last year, that this year there is an opportunity to put a twist on it. Just about everyone is tired of winter and snow, so here are some ideas to forget winter:
1. A barbeque pot luck, we have a very large charcoal grill, will bring some brisket and a tequila donation.
2. A "Airstreams in Peep Paradise" theme, Flamingos fit in that catagory, as well as hawiian shirts, grass skirts,leis (flowers, not the other kind ) Don't forget your peeps may need a costume.
3. A "Pink Flamingo" gift exchange (like a white elephant, but better) with items A/S's use in our travels or stops. Be creative! Caution: This game gets crazy!

If anyone has additional ideas, let's get them going! Jan and I will be going over the details and hoping others have some great ideas as well.

Had this on the other thread, so here we go-T

Old 01-28-2008, 12:09 PM   #87
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Lamy , New Mexico
Michael, if the Albuquerque weather guessers are correct, the San Juans are supposed to get another 1-3 ft from the storms coming through Sun. - Mon.

TAC NM-1
Four Corners Unit Treasurer
WBCCI 5279, AIR #24915
KF5RGU
Howard E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:13 PM   #88
4 Rivet Member

Lamy , New Mexico
Arodriguez60 - we will see what kind of critter we can drag along to BBQ. Also can provide a big bowl of hot German potato salad!

TAC NM-1
WBCCI 5279, AIR #24915
KF5RGU
Old 01-28-2008, 12:21 PM   #89
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard E
Michael, if the Albuquerque weather guessers are correct, the San Juans are supposed to get another 1-3 ft from the storms coming through Sun. - Mon.
Doggone it! If I had only known, I could have hurried home before the highway was closed(again)... here we are, stuck in Arizona, when we could be freezing our ashes in Silverton...oh, the pain, the pain...guess I'll just have to quit my job ...oh, that's right, I DID, already...
Old 01-28-2008, 01:15 PM   #90
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
I Am Peepless

I AM PEEPLESS ABOUT THE 4CU AND DEAD HORES 2 RALLY
jimmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #91
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Boy Howdy

Howdy Buckaroos and Buckarettes,

This spate of unabashed vociferous enthusiasm has me champing at the bit. If it's half as good as this thread it's going to be great.

I just put in my new to me NT30 furnace and one wing window. Hopefully I will have the other window in by the 15th. I won't be able to get to my leaky dump valve, but not to worry I'm bringing the big blue boy.

Just howling with the coyotes,
Marshall (& Flordemayo[wife], and the 4 leggeds Judy Magpie Dog, Farfel the Wonder Dog)
Old 01-28-2008, 07:56 PM   #92
4 Rivet Member

Lamy , New Mexico
Long Handled Snow Shovels

Well according to the weather guessers, 3 ft of snow in Silverton, blizzard warnings for Durango and 1-3 ft more snow possible for the San Juans overnight. Also several ski bums were attacked by a rogue flock of blue cross-eyed chickens. All they could say was "the blue peeps." At least you should be safe in Az. See y'all at DH II.

How is the garden hose supply?

TAC NM-1
WBCCI 5279, AIR #24915
KF5RGU
Old 01-28-2008, 11:05 PM   #93
Rivet Master

1959 22' Flying Cloud
1969 25' Tradewind
1983 34' Limited
fairview , New Mexico
DH2 party

We got some good critters here in New Mexico to char, so bring them on. Hope someone brings the beans and cornbread too!
Old 01-29-2008, 01:27 AM   #94
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
FOOD, BEER, PEEPS...Did I miss anything...? I'm out of garden hose at the moment, but I still have the copper pipe thingies...
Hey, where's Kevin in this online stuff? Not like him to be so quiet this close to the rally. c'mon, mr bo, pipe up, and tell liz we look forward to seeing her, again...if you want me to save yer spot, i'll try to park the MH diagonally.
We're leaving Laughlin tomorrow to re-bask at Quartzsite...
I'd drive back to Silverton, if Durango wasn't in the way...another 3'...???
I may have to be concerned about snow-load...m
Old 01-29-2008, 09:06 AM   #95
4 Rivet Member

1961 16' Bambi
Mancos , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to AirstreamGypsy
Hey Scrap's

Ice Storm blew through here last night. Wow! I have a rime around the windows. :-)

Mr. Peep did allll right though. Kept warm by the fire. Oh, and that is my unfinished entertainment center he's a sittin' on.

The ship is doing just fine. Just need a little sun from time to time to keep the batteries charged and happy.

See ya'll at Deadhorse...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	peep.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	53345  
My Earthship
AirstreamGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #96
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Love is in the Air(stream)

We are 2 weeks away from the rally and we are expecting 30 Airstreams this year! Jan and I have been shopping and have gotten most of the stuff we need. Jan has decided that since we are going to get to the rally on the 14th (one day early) we are going with Valentines Day decorations. I won't be able to get to my trailer until next weekend to start packing, so the house is a little cluttered with stuff right now. We store our trailer about a mile from the site of this years Super Bowl and have no desire to fight those crowds. We have some great prizes and are really looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting a few new friends as well.

The weather has been a little cold in Cottonwood, but it looks like it will start warming up next week after this next storm rolls by. Jan has asked that we park in the same spot as last year, please...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Park2.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	53533  

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:05 PM   #97
Rivet Master

1959 22' Flying Cloud
1969 25' Tradewind
1983 34' Limited
fairview , New Mexico
Been snowing like the Dickens but we'll be there. If I have to salyt the bridge again oh well. But wer'll bve there with the grill and gift I hope.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:05 PM   #98
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
We are 2 weeks away from the rally and we are expecting 30 Airstreams this year! Jan and I have been shopping and have gotten most of the stuff we need. Jan has decided that since we are going to get to the rally on the 14th (one day early) we are going with Valentines Day decorations. I won't be able to get to my trailer until next weekend to start packing, so the house is a little cluttered with stuff right now. We store our trailer about a mile from the site of this years Super Bowl and have no desire to fight those crowds. We have some great prizes and are really looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting a few new friends as well.

The weather has been a little cold in Cottonwood, but it looks like it will start warming up next week after this next storm rolls by. Jan has asked that we park in the same spot as last year, please...
Geez that looks neat. And not a real tree to get in the way of the views either.

So what kind of critters hang out there? Snakes? Lizards? Armadillos? Spiders? Skunks? Coyotes are everywhere on the continent it would seem. What kind of birds would one expect to see there this time of year? This question is from someone who hasn't been in AZ for 45 years and to keep us in line and near the trailer we were told that all of the above were running rampant and to be found under every stone, bush, and within a foot of every path . All were highly poisinous or rabid. It worked.

Barry