Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #1

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Caravan to Land Yacht Harbor / Crab Feed

It’s time to take our fun on the road!! Join us May 6 - 8, 2011 for a Caravan to the Lacey, WA Land Yacht Harbor.

I’ve always wanted to be part of an Airstream Caravan but don’t have the time to commit to an extended journey…and so far the longest caravan I’ve participated in is two AS with one being ours!! We can’t make a trip to Seattle without a quick drive-thru of Land Yacht Harbor (LYH) and can’t help fantasizing about the adventures some of the resident AS’ers have experienced in 35+ years of WBCCI membership!!

The caravan will begin in Hillsboro @ 12:00 pm May 6th with rendezvous stops as follows:
i-5 Northbound: Gee Creek Rest Area , after exit 9 & before exit 14 arrival/departure times: 12:45 / 1:00
i-5 Northbound: Toutle River Rest Area , after exit 52 & before exit 57 arrival/departure times: 2:00 / 2:15
1-5 Northbound: Scatter Creek Rest Area, just after exit 88B arrival/departure times: 3:15 / 3:30
Arrive LYH between 4:00 – 4:30 pm

There’s plenty of room for us to park at the Terraport, which offers full hook-ups and it serves as the perfect location for an Oregon Unit Open House / Happy Hour Reception on Friday night from 6:30 – 8:00 pm. How fun would it be if we each dressed and served appetizers / cocktails consistent with the motif of our respective trailers (you can only imagine the ensemble I have picked out!!)

I’m still confirming details and pricing, as well as what role we can play in helping with the actual Crab Feed on Saturday so stay tuned for updates in March or April Newsletter. In the meantime, I would strongly suggest that you brush up on your “gaming” skills – sounds like the LYH folks are eager for some fresh newbies to beat at cards, horseshoes, you name it. If possible, take the time to explore the lovely Hood Canal sights – it’s about 45 minutes away but well worth the drive…and just may offer you some door-knocking opportunities!!

Sunday we’ll host a continental breakfast with to-go boxes for those of you eager to hit the road back to Portland at your own pace.

We hope you can join us in (a) satisfying my need to be part of a caravan and, more importantly, (b) sharing our love of fun, food and friendship with the Washington WBCCI members.

Mona & Doug...feel free to contact me if you have any questions or would like any additional information please don't hesitate to contact me Airstream Forums - View Profile: monah

Please use the attached rally sign-up form attached, or RSVP through our Facebook Page Events Tab, by no later than April 1, 2011.
Estimated cost per AS: Terraport $17/night = $34; Crab Feed / other food costs: tbd;
Final Agenda / Costs to be provided shortly
Attached Files
File Type: pdf rally coupon.pdf (45.0 KB, 61 views)
monah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:48 AM   #2

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Update with final costs

TERRAPORT PARKING: $15/AS
MEALS: $22/person includes meals Friday & Saturday, Crab Feed (Saturday) and Sunday Brunch
CARAVAN/OR UNIT OPEN HOUSE/HAPPY HOUR: Friday night 6:30 - 8:00 with cocktails, appetizers, dress in the era of the AS

Hope to see you there!!
Mona
Old 02-10-2011, 11:49 PM   #3

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Correction: Parking costs = $15 / night, total $30....oops!

Tags
crab feed, hood canal, or unit rally