Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 07:52 PM   #61
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Jacksonville Beach , Florida
Quick Clam

I know it says no tents on RV/Trailer Sites, but do they allow for the Quick Set Clam? Did anyone have them set up in the past while at Topsail? They have allowed them in other FL State Parks that we have stayed in. Just wondering if we should pack it or leave it at home for this trip. This will be our first Topsail Rally. Do you guys usually have an organized kayak trip at all during the rally?
Old 11-06-2019, 04:33 AM   #62

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Madison , Georgia
Last year due to the rain we brought a pop-up awning. I remember seeing several. No one from the park said anything to us. I hope this helps.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:51 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Jacksonville , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace-n-Pup View Post
...............Do you guys usually have an organized kayak trip at all during the rally?
As far as I could tell they did not last year.

We usually go at least once during that time. See us site 71.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180622_120709536.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	313.0 KB
ID:	355735  
Old 11-06-2019, 07:11 PM   #64
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
OK; we are going to check out this week...staying in Destin area, Henderson beach...love the AS get togethers in Alumalina...and also the Balloon Festival last month...any of you folks who were there, please advise about this trip. We are intending to visit the location while in Henderson area...then back to Austin on Friday....or Saturday, depending on weather...appreciate any input. Also, any requirements to attend this, like reservations needed...advice appreciated...if I come back from Austin, I can bring some of my sons beers from Hi Sign...just saying!
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
Old 11-08-2019, 11:27 AM   #65
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overstreet View Post
As far as I could tell they did not last year.

We usually go at least once during that time. See us site 71.
Sounds good! We'll look you up!
Old 11-08-2019, 11:34 AM   #66
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
OK; we are going to check out this week...staying in Destin area, Henderson beach...love the AS get togethers in Alumalina...and also the Balloon Festival last month...any of you folks who were there, please advise about this trip. We are intending to visit the location while in Henderson area...then back to Austin on Friday....or Saturday, depending on weather...appreciate any input. Also, any requirements to attend this, like reservations needed...advice appreciated...if I come back from Austin, I can bring some of my sons beers from Hi Sign...just saying!
Yes you will need reservations thru reserveamerica.com. Right now I don't think there are any sites but keep checking.

Here are the steps - I copied from pg 1 of the thread. Hope it helps.

Canopener 2020
14th Annual Canopener Rally

January 2-5, 2020

Topsail Hill Preserve State Park, Gregory E. Moore RV Resort
7525 W. Scenic Highway 30A
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida 32459

This is a national joint rally sponsored by Airforums and the Southeastern Camping Unit and Arkansas Razorback Club of the WBAC. No membership of any group is required and there is no Rally fee.

This is a very popular rally and fills up quickly. Campsite reservations can be made 11 months to the day through Reserve America: https://www.reserveamerica.com/unifSearchResults.do

Only AFTER you make your campsite reservation, register/RSVP for the Rally using this link. Keep your confirmation email in case you need to make changes. https://form.jotform.com/90156364495160

DO NOT RSVP to Airforums. Your information will not be included. Please bear with us as we transition from Airforums signups to using this signup system – hopefully it will be less confusing for you and the organizers. We will use a similar form later in the year for rally activities like the chili feed or Ranger breakfasts.

For those arriving early, we will have Canopening activities from Dec. 30 – Jan 1. This year’s Canopener, Jan. 2 - 5, will have activities to be finalized later in the year but there will be music, biking, Ranger breakfasts & hikes, the world-famous chili feed and cornhole tournament, and a few surprises.

Link to Topsail Hill Preserve State Park Website: www.floridastateparks.org/topsailhill

Welcome to Florida State Parks
https://www.floridastateparks.org/

Canopener Airstream Rally facebook Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CanopenerRally/

As you may know, Joe and Annette are passing the torch but will still say involved. A small team has been pulled together to try and do the work of those two! Our thanks to them, and to all former organizers, for making Canopener one of THE best and most fun Airstream Rallies in world!
Old 11-08-2019, 02:02 PM   #67
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Yes, sites are tough to find. It's a popular park.
This year, I sat on the "Reserve America" site 11 months to the day, and at 8:00 am (the first minute) there were only four sites open!**
But, don't give up.
People cancel, more as it gets closer.
Last year, some nice person posted she was cancelling, and I PM'd her and we set a time for her to cancel. Needless to say, my finger was on the mouse, ready to pounce. Within four seconds, I had it! So watch here and contact people.
Also, a site called "Wandering Labs" might help. They're hit or miss. They have software to scan parks and if a site in a park you requested opens up, they'll e-mail you. (sometimes)
It's free, so do it anyway.

There's another state park nearby, Grayton Beach. Some people like it because it's close to stores, but it's not where the rally is, but a short hop.

Don't give up! The park is really, really nice and the rally is great.

** I consider this cheating, but I've heard people reserve spots earlier than their arrival date, so their 11 month opening is sooner. Then after getting a spot ahead of others, they cancel the early days. BOO!
Old 11-09-2019, 08:06 AM   #68
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH , South Carolina
I would like a spot if someone cancels
Old 11-09-2019, 08:26 AM   #69
Coast to Coast

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Winston Salem , North Carolina
CanOpener 2020 T Shirts - Order before Dec. 4

Pre-order yours today - Cut Off Date is Dec. 4th.*
$13.00 S, M, L, XL
$14 for 2XL
$15 for 3XL
These are Unisex sizes and please specify V Neck or Round Neck.*

Please email Lindsay Shropshire at lindsayshrop@gmail.com
Or send your check and order to her at:
407 Woodland Bayou Drive
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459

(And, many thanks to Lindsay for having the initiative to organize the logo merchandise and to Chuck Nesbit for the Canopener logo)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image0.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	355863   Click image for larger version

Name:	image1-4.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	355864  

Old 11-10-2019, 08:00 AM   #70
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace-n-Pup View Post
Yes you will need reservations thru reserveamerica.com. Right now I don't think there are any sites but keep checking.

Here are the steps - I copied from pg 1 of the thread. Hope it helps.

Canopener 2020
14th Annual Canopener Rally

January 2-5, 2020

Topsail Hill Preserve State Park, Gregory E. Moore RV Resort
7525 W. Scenic Highway 30A
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida 32459

This is a national joint rally sponsored by Airforums and the Southeastern Camping Unit and Arkansas Razorback Club of the WBAC. No membership of any group is required and there is no Rally fee.

This is a very popular rally and fills up quickly. Campsite reservations can be made 11 months to the day through Reserve America: https://www.reserveamerica.com/unifSearchResults.do

Only AFTER you make your campsite reservation, register/RSVP for the Rally using this link. Keep your confirmation email in case you need to make changes. https://form.jotform.com/90156364495160

DO NOT RSVP to Airforums. Your information will not be included. Please bear with us as we transition from Airforums signups to using this signup system – hopefully it will be less confusing for you and the organizers. We will use a similar form later in the year for rally activities like the chili feed or Ranger breakfasts.

For those arriving early, we will have Canopening activities from Dec. 30 – Jan 1. This year’s Canopener, Jan. 2 - 5, will have activities to be finalized later in the year but there will be music, biking, Ranger breakfasts & hikes, the world-famous chili feed and cornhole tournament, and a few surprises.

Link to Topsail Hill Preserve State Park Website: www.floridastateparks.org/topsailhill

Welcome to Florida State Parks
https://www.floridastateparks.org/

Canopener Airstream Rally facebook Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CanopenerRally/

As you may know, Joe and Annette are passing the torch but will still say involved. A small team has been pulled together to try and do the work of those two! Our thanks to them, and to all former organizers, for making Canopener one of THE best and most fun Airstream Rallies in world!
Thanks for the reply; plans may be changing for us...we may be moving to Port Charlotte area now. Made an offer and it was accepted in Riverwood area and closing mid December. I will say, we were very impressed by the campsites at Henderson, even though the weather was pretty bad....we did get to see the beach area in the morning...very nice area. Maybe we can make it next year...sure sounds like fun!
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
Old 11-28-2019, 11:33 AM   #71
3 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Goode , Virginia
Updated Canopener 2020 Maps

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Can2020-Sites 1-99.pdf (333.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: pdf Can2020-Sites 100-168.pdf (286.0 KB, 26 views)
Old 11-29-2019, 11:24 AM   #72
1 Rivet Member

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Pensacola , Florida
Question Very early arriver

I'm wondering, will I be seeing any other Canopener's staging with us at Grayton Beach from December 19-23rd?

We'll be moving over to Topsail on the 23rd for a two week visit.

Also, we are spending January 6-9th at Henderson Beach after the rally ends.

Looking forward to meeting everyone at our 1st Canopener Rally!
Old 11-29-2019, 11:50 AM   #73
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
We will be at topsail from the 24th to the 27th. Heading to the keys for New Years. Hope to see some early can opener streamers while we are there.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
Old 11-29-2019, 06:18 PM   #74
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
Oh to be retired.

work, work, work, eight more years, work, work, work......

2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Old 11-30-2019, 08:12 AM   #75
1 Rivet Member

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Pensacola , Florida
We are on Site #154. Come on over and say Hello!
Old 11-30-2019, 09:01 AM   #76
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Plans opened up so we are looking for a spot on line at the campgrounds. If any of you are dropping out, please let me know...I can only find a day or so around the 29th at this site; then seems full till the 5th? We are flexible on dates...
Old 12-07-2019, 10:34 AM   #77
Coast to Coast

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Winston Salem , North Carolina
Signups, Volunteers needed, & Schedules Now available

The time is here! Canopener is a mere 3 1/2 weeks away and for those of you early-birds coming in for Canopening even sooner!

IF you are attending and have registered you should be receiving an email with all of the pertinent information - schedules, activities, sign ups and, most importantly, volunteer opportunities - because without YOU there would be no CanAnything or big rally fees.

Please register for Breakfast with a Ranger early - since there are only 45 seats in 2 seatings. There are also places to sign up for the Chili, Soup, and Stew Feed (expanding our options this year!) - and many chances to volunteer to help out.

You must register (See Post#1) in order to be on the mailing list - and to get a chance at the many great door prizes. If you get today's email you ARE registered and don't need to again. If there are problems with technology and having trouble, please email the organizing committee at Canopener2020@gmail.com.

See you all soon!
Old 12-08-2019, 11:52 AM   #78
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Peas View Post
The time is here! Canopener is a mere 3 1/2 weeks away and for those of you early-birds coming in for Canopening even sooner!

IF you are attending and have registered you should be receiving an email with all of the pertinent information - schedules, activities, sign ups and, most importantly, volunteer opportunities - because without YOU there would be no CanAnything or big rally fees.

Please register for Breakfast with a Ranger early - since there are only 45 seats in 2 seatings. There are also places to sign up for the Chili, Soup, and Stew Feed (expanding our options this year!) - and many chances to volunteer to help out.

You must register (See Post#1) in order to be on the mailing list - and to get a chance at the many great door prizes. If you get today's email you ARE registered and don't need to again. If there are problems with technology and having trouble, please email the organizing committee at Canopener2020@gmail.com.

See you all soon!
Been looking every day...still no site openings...
Old 12-08-2019, 12:18 PM   #79
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
Been looking every day...still no site openings...
Check out Wanderinglabs.com. I got a site for Canopening through them. Give them $10 and to get the premium membership and they will text you when they find an opening.

I had already gotten a site for canopener but couldn't find one early.

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Old 12-10-2019, 02:52 PM   #80
3 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Tega Cay , South Carolina
Where/how do you sign up for the ranger breakfast? Also, the last time I attended, everyone brought a chili dish. Are you still doing this?
Gloria
Closed Thread