Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-05-2019, 08:52 PM   #61
2 Rivet Member
 
2005 25' Safari
Jacksonville Beach , Florida
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 44
Quick Clam

I know it says no tents on RV/Trailer Sites, but do they allow for the Quick Set Clam? Did anyone have them set up in the past while at Topsail? They have allowed them in other FL State Parks that we have stayed in. Just wondering if we should pack it or leave it at home for this trip. This will be our first Topsail Rally. Do you guys usually have an organized kayak trip at all during the rally?
__________________

Grace-n-Pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:33 AM   #62
New Member
 
2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Madison , Georgia
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 3
Last year due to the rain we brought a pop-up awning. I remember seeing several. No one from the park said anything to us. I hope this helps.
__________________

hummerlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 07:51 PM   #63
Rivet Master
 
2018 30' Classic
Jacksonville , Florida
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace-n-Pup View Post
...............Do you guys usually have an organized kayak trip at all during the rally?
As far as I could tell they did not last year.

We usually go at least once during that time. See us site 71.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180622_120709536.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	313.0 KB
ID:	355735  
Overstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:11 PM   #64
Rivet Master
 
gypsydad's Avatar

 
2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Austin (winter) Lincoln MT (summer) , Texas & Montana
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,930
OK; we are going to check out this week...staying in Destin area, Henderson beach...love the AS get togethers in Alumalina...and also the Balloon Festival last month...any of you folks who were there, please advise about this trip. We are intending to visit the location while in Henderson area...then back to Austin on Friday....or Saturday, depending on weather...appreciate any input. Also, any requirements to attend this, like reservations needed...advice appreciated...if I come back from Austin, I can bring some of my sons beers from Hi Sign...just saying!
__________________
Empty Nesters; Gypsies on the road!
2017 28' Twin Flying Cloud
2017 F250 King Ranch, 4X4, Blue-Ox WDH
Summer in Lincoln, MT- Winter in Austin, TX
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:27 PM   #65
2 Rivet Member
 
2005 25' Safari
Jacksonville Beach , Florida
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overstreet View Post
As far as I could tell they did not last year.

We usually go at least once during that time. See us site 71.
Sounds good! We'll look you up!
Grace-n-Pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:34 PM   #66
2 Rivet Member
 
2005 25' Safari
Jacksonville Beach , Florida
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
OK; we are going to check out this week...staying in Destin area, Henderson beach...love the AS get togethers in Alumalina...and also the Balloon Festival last month...any of you folks who were there, please advise about this trip. We are intending to visit the location while in Henderson area...then back to Austin on Friday....or Saturday, depending on weather...appreciate any input. Also, any requirements to attend this, like reservations needed...advice appreciated...if I come back from Austin, I can bring some of my sons beers from Hi Sign...just saying!
Yes you will need reservations thru reserveamerica.com. Right now I don't think there are any sites but keep checking.

Here are the steps - I copied from pg 1 of the thread. Hope it helps.

Canopener 2020
14th Annual Canopener Rally

January 2-5, 2020

Topsail Hill Preserve State Park, Gregory E. Moore RV Resort
7525 W. Scenic Highway 30A
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida 32459

This is a national joint rally sponsored by Airforums and the Southeastern Camping Unit and Arkansas Razorback Club of the WBAC. No membership of any group is required and there is no Rally fee.

This is a very popular rally and fills up quickly. Campsite reservations can be made 11 months to the day through Reserve America: https://www.reserveamerica.com/unifSearchResults.do

Only AFTER you make your campsite reservation, register/RSVP for the Rally using this link. Keep your confirmation email in case you need to make changes. https://form.jotform.com/90156364495160

DO NOT RSVP to Airforums. Your information will not be included. Please bear with us as we transition from Airforums signups to using this signup system – hopefully it will be less confusing for you and the organizers. We will use a similar form later in the year for rally activities like the chili feed or Ranger breakfasts.

For those arriving early, we will have Canopening activities from Dec. 30 – Jan 1. This year’s Canopener, Jan. 2 - 5, will have activities to be finalized later in the year but there will be music, biking, Ranger breakfasts & hikes, the world-famous chili feed and cornhole tournament, and a few surprises.

Link to Topsail Hill Preserve State Park Website: www.floridastateparks.org/topsailhill

Welcome to Florida State Parks
https://www.floridastateparks.org/

Canopener Airstream Rally facebook Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CanopenerRally/

As you may know, Joe and Annette are passing the torch but will still say involved. A small team has been pulled together to try and do the work of those two! Our thanks to them, and to all former organizers, for making Canopener one of THE best and most fun Airstream Rallies in world!
__________________
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Grace-n-Pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 03:02 PM   #67
Rivet Master
 
Mollysdad's Avatar
 
2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3,914
Yes, sites are tough to find. It's a popular park.
This year, I sat on the "Reserve America" site 11 months to the day, and at 8:00 am (the first minute) there were only four sites open!**
But, don't give up.
People cancel, more as it gets closer.
Last year, some nice person posted she was cancelling, and I PM'd her and we set a time for her to cancel. Needless to say, my finger was on the mouse, ready to pounce. Within four seconds, I had it! So watch here and contact people.
Also, a site called "Wandering Labs" might help. They're hit or miss. They have software to scan parks and if a site in a park you requested opens up, they'll e-mail you. (sometimes)
It's free, so do it anyway.

There's another state park nearby, Grayton Beach. Some people like it because it's close to stores, but it's not where the rally is, but a short hop.

Don't give up! The park is really, really nice and the rally is great.

** I consider this cheating, but I've heard people reserve spots earlier than their arrival date, so their 11 month opening is sooner. Then after getting a spot ahead of others, they cancel the early days. BOO!
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:06 AM   #68
Rivet Master
 
Mansderm161's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH , South Carolina
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 706
I would like a spot if someone cancels
Mansderm161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:26 AM   #69
Coast to Coast
 
Two Peas's Avatar
 
2016 26' Flying Cloud
St. Augustine , Florida
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 84
CanOpener 2020 T Shirts - Order before Dec. 4

Pre-order yours today - Cut Off Date is Dec. 4th.*
$13.00 S, M, L, XL
$14 for 2XL
$15 for 3XL
These are Unisex sizes and please specify V Neck or Round Neck.*

Please email Lindsay Shropshire at lindsayshrop@gmail.com
Or send your check and order to her at:
407 Woodland Bayou Drive
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459

(And, many thanks to Lindsay for having the initiative to organize the logo merchandise and to Chuck Nesbit for the Canopener logo)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image0.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	355863   Click image for larger version

Name:	image1-4.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	355864  

Two Peas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:00 AM   #70
Rivet Master
 
gypsydad's Avatar

 
2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Austin (winter) Lincoln MT (summer) , Texas & Montana
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace-n-Pup View Post
Yes you will need reservations thru reserveamerica.com. Right now I don't think there are any sites but keep checking.

Here are the steps - I copied from pg 1 of the thread. Hope it helps.

Canopener 2020
14th Annual Canopener Rally

January 2-5, 2020

Topsail Hill Preserve State Park, Gregory E. Moore RV Resort
7525 W. Scenic Highway 30A
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida 32459

This is a national joint rally sponsored by Airforums and the Southeastern Camping Unit and Arkansas Razorback Club of the WBAC. No membership of any group is required and there is no Rally fee.

This is a very popular rally and fills up quickly. Campsite reservations can be made 11 months to the day through Reserve America: https://www.reserveamerica.com/unifSearchResults.do

Only AFTER you make your campsite reservation, register/RSVP for the Rally using this link. Keep your confirmation email in case you need to make changes. https://form.jotform.com/90156364495160

DO NOT RSVP to Airforums. Your information will not be included. Please bear with us as we transition from Airforums signups to using this signup system – hopefully it will be less confusing for you and the organizers. We will use a similar form later in the year for rally activities like the chili feed or Ranger breakfasts.

For those arriving early, we will have Canopening activities from Dec. 30 – Jan 1. This year’s Canopener, Jan. 2 - 5, will have activities to be finalized later in the year but there will be music, biking, Ranger breakfasts & hikes, the world-famous chili feed and cornhole tournament, and a few surprises.

Link to Topsail Hill Preserve State Park Website: www.floridastateparks.org/topsailhill

Welcome to Florida State Parks
https://www.floridastateparks.org/

Canopener Airstream Rally facebook Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CanopenerRally/

As you may know, Joe and Annette are passing the torch but will still say involved. A small team has been pulled together to try and do the work of those two! Our thanks to them, and to all former organizers, for making Canopener one of THE best and most fun Airstream Rallies in world!
__________________
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Thanks for the reply; plans may be changing for us...we may be moving to Port Charlotte area now. Made an offer and it was accepted in Riverwood area and closing mid December. I will say, we were very impressed by the campsites at Henderson, even though the weather was pretty bad....we did get to see the beach area in the morning...very nice area. Maybe we can make it next year...sure sounds like fun!
__________________

__________________
Empty Nesters; Gypsies on the road!
2017 28' Twin Flying Cloud
2017 F250 King Ranch, 4X4, Blue-Ox WDH
Summer in Lincoln, MT- Winter in Austin, TX
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Q 4 Trimetric 2020 installers boondockdad Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar 3 10-28-2008 09:46 AM
2020 Committee reports eubank WBCCI Forum 49 07-30-2008 09:00 AM
Trimetric 2020 davidz71 Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar 3 01-30-2007 09:29 PM
Trimetric 2020 meter nickcrowhurst Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar 3 02-26-2005 08:49 AM
jordan 2020 brake controller 57overlander Brakes & Brake Controllers 5 11-25-2004 08:10 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
×