Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-08-2007, 10:09 PM   #1
Rivet Master
 
Airstream25's Avatar
 
1995 25' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1982 34' Limited
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 737
Images: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to Airstream25
Call for Rallies & Leaders in Four Corners area

Greetings,

This is a call for Rallies & Leaders in Four Corners area.

It's nice to have at least 2 months advance notice about a new rally.
The Blue Beret lead time for posting new rallies is also 2 months for a total of four months.

With these kind of lead times, it is not too early to start lining up 2008 rallies. Dead Horse State Park in Feb. is on the list plus talk of a maintenance rally in May. What else??


Please suggest your rally ideas and better yet, please offer to organize a rally.

Some suggestions to start the thinking process are;

- A rally at Gouldings RV Resort in Monument Valley, UT

- A rally in the vicinity of Colorado Springs with an excursion up Pikes Peak

- etc.
__________________

__________________
Airstream25
KE5CKG on 2 meters
AIR #10274
Airstream25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:15 PM   #2
Site Team
 
azflycaster's Avatar
 
1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,124
Images: 62
Blog Entries: 1
Mike and Donna (filtzwhopper) mentioned that they might be up for a rally. They suggested Kartchner Caverns State Park which is near Tucson. If we go to that sight, I would like to go before the Big Room closes (April 15th) for the bats.
__________________

__________________

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:19 AM   #3
Rivet Master
 
Airstream25's Avatar
 
1995 25' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1982 34' Limited
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 737
Images: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to Airstream25
Kartchner Caverns rally?

The state has done a good job with Kartchner. It has an interesting story behind it about the 2 guys that found it. This is a good cool weather destination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
Mike and Donna (filtzwhopper) mentioned that they might be up for a rally. They suggested Kartchner Caverns State Park which is near Tucson. If we go to that sight, I would like to go before the Big Room closes (April 15th) for the bats.
__________________
Airstream25
KE5CKG on 2 meters
AIR #10274
Airstream25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:28 AM   #4
Rivet Master
 
Ken J's Avatar
 
1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 1975 25' Tradewind
Posts: 3,363
Images: 14
Jerry

Are you planning to lead the Bosque Bird Rally in Nov?

I'm also going to announce the Vintage Restoration Rally here on the Forums within a few days - as soon as I get a description I like

Ken
__________________
1956 Flying Cloud
Founder :
Four Corners Unit
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:22 PM   #5
Rivet Master
 
Airstream25's Avatar
 
1995 25' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1982 34' Limited
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 737
Images: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to Airstream25
Are you planning to lead the Bosque Bird Rally?

Yes.

It is listed on our web site rally calendar and here on the forums at;
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f407...7-a-35709.html


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J
Jerry

Are you planning to lead the Bosque Bird Rally in Nov?

I'm also going to announce the Vintage Restoration Rally here on the Forums within a few days - as soon as I get a description I like

Ken
__________________
Airstream25
KE5CKG on 2 meters
AIR #10274
Airstream25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:28 PM   #6
Site Team
 
azflycaster's Avatar
 
1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,124
Images: 62
Blog Entries: 1
The Bird Watching Rally should also be listed in the October Blue Beret. The New Years Rally will be listed in the November BB.

I will get the Dead Horse-2 listed in December since there is no BB in Janurary. You get a membership directory instread...
__________________

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:31 PM   #7
Rivet Master
 
Ken J's Avatar
 
1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 1975 25' Tradewind
Posts: 3,363
Images: 14
Thats really cool - I'll look forward to seeing it..
__________________
1956 Flying Cloud
Founder :
Four Corners Unit
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:01 PM   #8
Rivet Master
 
Airstream25's Avatar
 
1995 25' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1982 34' Limited
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 737
Images: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to Airstream25
This is a call for Rallies & Leaders for FCU

The essence of the FCU is fun rallies. The upcoming Balloon Fiesta will be the high point of 2007 and now we need to get our 2008 rally schedule established. At this time, we only have details for the Dead Horse Rally in Feb.

Ken J mentioned a Vintage/Maintenance Rally in May.

Mike and Donna (filtzwhopper) mentioned that they might be up for a rally. They suggested Kartchner Caverns State Park which is near Tucson. If we go to that site, we should go before the Big Room closes (April 15th) for the bats.

Lets get the details established for these and more.
Remember that there is a long lead time to get rallies published in the BB.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstream25
Greetings,

This is a call for Rallies & Leaders in Four Corners area.

It's nice to have at least 2 months advance notice about a new rally.
The Blue Beret lead time for posting new rallies is also 2 months for a total of four months.

With these kind of lead times, it is not too early to start lining up 2008 rallies. Dead Horse State Park in Feb. is on the list plus talk of a maintenance rally in May. What else??


Please suggest your rally ideas and better yet, please offer to organize a rally.

Some suggestions to start the thinking process are;

- A rally at Gouldings RV Resort in Monument Valley, UT

- A rally in the vicinity of Colorado Springs with an excursion up Pikes Peak

- etc.
__________________

__________________
Airstream25
KE5CKG on 2 meters
AIR #10274
Airstream25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4CU 004 : Four Corners Unit Rally azflycaster WBCCI Rallies & Events 658 11-20-2007 07:47 PM
Supporting Four Corners from Afar str8strm Other Rallies & Events 411 03-01-2007 10:46 PM
Heading for the 4 Corners! dscluchfc On The Road... 19 08-08-2006 01:27 AM
How do I find rallies in my area tslanier WBCCI Forum 3 11-09-2005 11:10 PM
belly pan corners tonyg Belly Pans & Banana Wraps 0 09-21-2003 05:14 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.