Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2008, 10:34 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Fairbanks , Alaska
Bozeman ... convincing needed ...

Hi all, as some of you may have followed, we are new full time airstreamers. We joined WBCCI within a few weeks of having acquired our 345 LE motorhome.

While I am really excitted about attending the Bozeman rally, my dw has some hesitation. I hope all who can, including but please not limited to the Rally organizers...will give us more information and answer the following questions. (yes we have looked and tried to find info already..but with very limited and too broad answers...)

1) If you have attended in the past, are you attending again? will you? and why? why not?
2) What is it like? Do you have to join in all the activities? Is this a gathering for old folks only? Will us being in our low 30's be the only young airstream owners? --No offense to anyone here..
3) What kind of activities are we talking about? (Bingo?)
4) How are the days structured? if at all? what about foods and dinners? Do we have to pack up for enough food for a week? or will there be some kind of communal meals etc...do we have to pay for them?
Are there like potluck types?
5) Apart from being airstream enthusiasts, why should we attend?
6) This gathering lasts a whole week... it seems long and expensive, did you feel like you got your money's worth? What was the best/worst part of your last rally? -Were you ready to kill someone by the time the rally was over?
7) How many of you will be going there for the first time? and why?
8) Will younger (20's and 30's) people have sort of their own gatherings? i.e. non bingo?

Ok, hope I didn't make any enemies here!! :-)

We full time, and one full week is a long commitment...and are really interrested in going.

Thank you to all who take the time to respond !

Liz and Chris

PS, is there a dance around the fire to the airstream gods?!

Visit my new Airstream renovation blog here:
https://www.AirstreamLoft.com

gypsychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Bozeman...convincing needed...

Greetings Liz and Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychris View Post
...will give us more information and answer the following questions. (yes we have looked and tried to find info already..but with very limited and too broad answers...)

1) If you have attended in the past, are you attending again? will you? and why? why not?
My first International Rally was in 1998 and I have only missed three since then -- one (Vermont) was because neither of my tow vehicles were cooperating and I had to miss that rally for that reason alone. I chose not to attend the rallies in Perry, Georgia and the one in Huntsville, Alabama -- my choice not to attend was based solely on the high humidity and heat combined with the fact that only 3-AMP electric was available which meant no air conditioning. I will be going to Bozeman and am anxiously awaiting my departure date -- Thursday of this week.

Quote:
2) What is it like? Do you have to join in all the activities? Is this a gathering for old folks only? Will us being in our low 30's be the only young airstream owners? --No offense to anyone here..
When you arrive at the bull-pen, you will be parked by a parker (remember that you must arrive before 4:00 p.m. if you don't want to spend the night in the bull-pen. The parker will guide you to your site and help you get your rig into position, and then will provide you with your section color and row number. With your section number and row number, you will proceed to the rally headquarters where you will complete the registration proces -- receive your program book, rally ribbons, and various gift bags along with your official registration to be displayed in your coach's window. (Be prepared there will be some fanfare as well as a photo for first-timers to an International Rally.) You will be able to choose from among the options offered in the program -- attend as many or as few as you wish. While you won't have a great deal of company in your age group, you will have more than when I first began attending Internationals at the age of 38. You will, however, discover that many of the members have spirit and enthusiasm that belies their chronological age. There are a greater number of younger members attending as well as those with younger children -- there are youth activities for children that are well-supervised that the children seem to enjoy.

Quote:
The activities are widely varied to suit a number of interests. A sampling would include:
  • First Timers -- a seminar offered very early in the rally that provides first timers with the opportunity to learn more about the fundamentals of the International Rally -- a question and answer session allows you to have your questions clarified. It was quite helpful when I was starting out in 1998.
  • Caravan Leadership -- two seminars that once you complete allows you to become a recognized caravan leader -- covers fundamentals of planning and conducting a caravan such that you can be assigned a club recognized Caravan Number -- I attended this training at my second rally.
  • Free-Wheelers Towing Basics -- this seminar is offered in the parking area and covers the fundamentals of hitching and towing solo. A vaiety of hitches and accessory products are typically discussed.
  • Vintage Airstream Club Seminars/Programs -- typically three programs are offered by the Vintage Airstream Club -- some of these have included:
    • My Father's Airstream -- a presentation by Dr. Norman Hollman regarding his late father's 1936 Airstream built from plans purchased through a magazine advertisement of the period.
    • Polishing demonstrations -- offered at parking site by various members who have been active in polishing their own Airstreams.
    • The History of Airstream -- Usually presented by Fred Coldwell
      • The early years through the immediate post-war era.
      • The 1950s.
      • The 1960s
    • Argosy Trailers -- The First Generation -- 1971 -- 1979 -- this is a program that I developed and presented for the first time at the International Rally in Salem, and will be presenting at this year's International with some new information added that I have learned along the way.
    • The Physics of Towing -- a very informative safety seminar offered by a member with credentials in engineering.
    • Restoration and Maintenance Roundtable -- (I am not certain whether this was an International Rally or Regional Rally) -- we assembled in a meeting room where issues maintenance and restoration of vintage coaches was discussed -- in many cases these pertain to vintage as well as current -- but the focus was on vintage.
    • Vintage Airstream Club Open House -- offered one afternoon during the rally. Most VAC members in the VAC parking area open their coaches for tours.
  • Digital Photography and Film Photography contest. A seminar on digital photography has been offered during at least one of the more recent International Rallys.
  • Art Contest. This includes several formats, but the works are of a size that is manageable in an Airstream.
  • Quilting/Sewing contests, demonstrations, seminars -- typically offered at most International Rallys.
  • Vendor Seminars -- offered by many of the Vendors who attend the International.
    • Cleaning, Maintaining, and refurbishing Airstream Interirs -- Fowler Interiors -- focuses on tips and techniques to keep your coach "white-glove clean" and looking good.
    • Blue OX typically offers a seminar on their products -- I have never attended this seminar so cannot comment on its content.
    • Hensley Manufacturing has also offered seminars on their products, again, I haven't attended one of these so cannot comment on their content.
    • Vintage Trailer Supply has offered seminars on the restoration produts that they offer at some rallys.
    • SkyMed Insurance -- a company that offers an insurance plan that tansports the member to a hospital near his/her home as well as spouse/significant other. The program also covers tranporting the RV back to the owner's home-base. I haven't been to one of these seminars but have spoken with their representatives.
    • Airstream -- the past few years have had feature seminars from Airstream -- some have been about new products -- some have been about product improvements being implemented.
  • The Computer Club offeres two or three seminars on varying topics geared toward recent changes in technology/software, etc.
  • Intra Club Meetings -- typically, each of the Intra Clubs will have a meeting -- Vintage Airstream Club, Free Wheelers, Full Timers, Classic Airstream Club, Computer Club, Ham Radio Club, CB Club, etc.
  • Region Luncheons -- typically, each of the regions will have a luncheon at some point during the rally.
  • Intra Club Luncheons -- typically, each of the Intra Clubs will have a luncheon at some point during the rally.
  • Evening Programs -- there is an evening program each evening -- opening and closing ceremonies programs are the ones with the most pomp and circumstance. Teen Queen Pageant night also has a fair amount of pomp and circumstance.
  • A parade and picnic is the usual feature of the July 4th celebration. Canada Day is also celebrated on July 1st.
  • Tours of local businesses. This varies greatly from one year to the next.
  • I understand that a rafting trip is being offered this year -- this is something new (or may have been started last year).
  • Loacal Unit and Intra Club Happy Hours -- these occurr on a scheduled basis each afternoon some of these are offered each afternoon of the rally others are on specific date -- these are informal at the parking site and feature shared snacks with bring your own beverage (and chair).
  • Flea Market -- this is offered each year somewhere in the convention area -- members bring things that they would like to sell -- and buyers and sellers are matched -- much of the material offered is Airstream Related, but there is jewelry, clothing, and a fairly wide variety of other merchandise offered.
  • Card tournaments -- bridge as well as one or two other games are offered as well -- I don't play cards so am just vaguely aware of these activities.
  • Friendship Center -- this is an area in the convention center equipped with tables and chairs where attendees can relax in air conditioned comfort -- food and beverage vendors are also usually available in this area.
The above are just a few examples. Some seminars/activities are offered every year while others are offered sporadically. There are typically a number of interesting activities available for those times when you want to participate.

Quote:
4) How are the days structured? if at all? what about foods and dinners? Do we have to pack up for enough food for a week? or will there be some kind of communal meals etc...do we have to pay for them?
Most meals are on-your-own. There is a picnic on July 4th, but this is something for which you buy tickets only if you wish to attend. Any other group meals are planned by your Unit, Region, or Intra Clubs -- these meals will be in your program and there will be a location in the covention center where you can purchase tickets for those meals that you wish to attend. You may experience potlucks for your unit or an intra club, but this is not a frequent occurrence (in my experience). What is more likely, you will be invited to join a neighbor or friend to enjoy supper together -- these often become something of a potluck. The program that you receive upon registration will also include directions to local supermarkets and laundramats that have been scouted by the rally organizers.

Quote:
This is an excellent opportunity to form friendships that can become life-long. I have met three of my closest friends through connections made via the International Rally. In addition, during the rally you have an opportunity to learn more about your coach, the club, and the region surrounding the rally site. The evening programs offer enough variety that most should be able to find at least a few evenings with something of interest. After one or two International Rallys, you will likely begin to think of them as a second family reunion.

Quote:
6) This gathering lasts a whole week... it seems long and expensive, did you feel like you got your money's worth? What was the best/worst part of your last rally? -Were you ready to kill someone by the time the rally was over?
Having attended seven International Rallys, I can say with certainty that I have never left feeling like I didn't receive full value for my money. I can't really remember any tremendous frustrations or unpleasant situations. There have been rallys where we had to battle mud, others (and more typically) where we arrived amidst record setting heat waves and drouts. I have so many great memories of the Rallys that I have attended that the small inconveniences and unpleasantrys are soon forgotten.

Quote:
This will be my eighth International. I will, however, share the reason that I attended my first International Rally in 1998. One of the reasons that I held out for an Airstream was my desire to own one so that I could attend the International Rally and participate in caravans. Friends of my family who originally owned my Overlander introduced me to camping when I was five years old -- they were active member of the WBCCI and spoke often and with great fondness of their travels with the WBCCI. I have truly enjoyed my WBCCI membership -- there are problems, but any organization with any size and scope is going to have members with whom it is difficult to connect.

Quote:
8) Will younger (20's and 30's) people have sort of their own gatherings? i.e. non bingo?
This situation is changing slowly. Currently, there isn't an intra-club for younger members, but you might be pleasantly surprised by the young-at-heart outlooks that many of the older members express. I understand that there is a canoe excursion being offered this year -- more active recreational activities have been requested, and it is my understanding that something approaching 40 members have pre-registered for this activity.

Quote:

We full time, and one full week is a long commitment...and are really interrested in going.

Liz and Chris

WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:16 PM   #3
Shop Teacher

2006 25' Safari FB SE
tigard , Oregon
Nice Post Kevin, I had a lot of the same questions about the rally. This international will be the first for our family. we look forward to seeing 1,000 AS's in one spot!

Mike
mike rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:52 PM   #4
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
I will second that that was a great post for newbies.I have been to 11 International's,the first at age 22.Many lifelong friendships have been made and I have never had a bad experience.It is what you make it.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:58 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Fairbanks , Alaska
Hey Kevin, thank you so much for taking the time to write such an elaborate response!!

Visit my new Airstream renovation blog here:
https://www.AirstreamLoft.com

gypsychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 03:11 PM   #6
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Shamless promotion

Don't forget the rare and wonderful
Tee Shirt

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SurMEDjpg.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	62163   Click image for larger version

Name:	SurMEDdetail.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	62164  

ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:09 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtStream View Post

Don't forget the rare and wonderful
Tee Shirt

Shameless indeed - you cut your models heads off - tisk tisk!!! and what the heck did you do with the arms and the rest of their bodies - Nice T's though!!!

Cannot beat the coment - It is what you make it! - as is everything in LIFE!
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:15 PM   #8
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post
Shameless indeed - you cut your models heads off - tisk tisk!!! and what the heck did you do with the arms and the rest of their bodies - Nice T's though!!!
Can you say...........FREEZER
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #9
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtStream View Post
Can you say...........FREEZER
Y'all be v-e-r-y careful & pay attention to what Michael brings for the pot luck dinner...
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:10 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Liz & Chris - The International, as well as any other Airstream rally, can only be what you make of it. Will most of the folks attending be older than you? Well, yes. Will there be some younger Airstreamer's attending? Well, yes. Is the rally "structured"? Yes, structure is necessary when you have several hundred trailers & a couple of thousand people all in one place. Remember Woodstock? Lectures (or lessons) have to be scheduled. Meals have to be scheduled. Entertainment has to be scheduled. Do you have to participate? Well, no. But why have you gone to the effort & not inconsiderable expense to attend if you are already concerned whether or not you will have fun? I'd suggest you arrive with an open mind, expecting to have loads of fun. There's plenty of time to ask your questions about meals & activities. You'll learn more about your MH and fulltiming that you ever imagined. You'll meet some great folks, most all of which share a common passion.There are whole lot of fellow Airstreamers who for one reason or another can not attend this rally. My crystal ball says ya'll are going to have a lot of fun and make quite a few new good friends, if you want to.

I for one would like to know your thoughts & impressions of the rally - after you've experienced it & left Bozeman. Your concerns are not new and some constructive suggestions to improve the experience would be noted and appreciated by the WBCCI folks.

Happy camping!!
Old 06-10-2008, 05:20 PM   #11
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Question Kevin - when is your Argosy presentation?

Hi, Kevin,

I believe we will be caravaning together to Bozeman so we should have time to talk on the trip. I don't want to miss your presentation on the history of Argosy and the one on Physics of Towing.

Neither one is mentioned on the last agenda (dated 5/23) that I downloaded from the WBCCI web site. Can you tell me when they are scheduled? And how did you find out?!

See you down the road (soon!),
Nuvi
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:08 PM   #12
SRW
TEXAS66

Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Hi all, as some of you may have followed, we are new full time airstreamers. We joined WBCCI within a few weeks of having acquired our 345 LE motorhome.

While I am really excitted about attending the Bozeman rally, my dw has some hesitation. I hope all who can, including but please not limited to the Rally organizers...will give us more information and answer the following questions. (yes we have looked and tried to find info already..but with very limited and too broad answers...)

Liz and Chris

Liz and Chris:

My suggestion is to go to Bozeman and if its turns out not not to be for you don't ever go again.

My wife and I have been members of WBCCI since November of last year and this will be our first International. We are members of a local Unit of WBCCI and have attended several rallies and one caravan.

We have made new friends and look forward to seeing them at future rallies. The caravan we went on was the Cajun Heritage and I recommend it to you with out reservation.

By the way the WBCCI web site offers lots of information regards to Bozeman including a schedule of events. We have signed up for a couple of the tours offered by third parties.

If it turns out not to be to our liking we will not repeat, but even being members for a relatively short time we are looking forward to seeing some of our new friends.

SRW
SRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:29 PM   #13
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
I'm convinced. Now if I could just afford to go. (No, not a complaint about gas prices. It's that we're "on duty" during the summer. Argh!)

Lynn
Old 06-10-2008, 07:00 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Reply from a Second Timer

We attended last year's rally in Perry. It was our first (and only 150 miles from home). We have been to various National and Unit functions. We WILL return to the International this year with our 16 year old. Let me try a little less formal answer to your questions.

[COLOR="rgb(105, 105, 105)"]1) If you have attended in the past, are you attending again? will you? and why?[/COLOR]

We had a great time meeting folks, learning about older Airstreams, shopping for accessories, attending seminars (some)...and attending Unit and Region dinners. More fun to us were the informal activities. We met a small group of folks who were younger than the average age. Don't think they knew each other before the rally. We had a small gathering every afternoon around 4. We had a small pot luck dinner one evening. We also attended a couple of other "Happy Hour" gathering which were more organized. It was a great time for us.

[COLOR="rgb(105, 105, 105)"]2) What is it like? Do you have to join in all the activities? Is this a gathering for old folks only? Will us being in our low 30's be the only young airstream owners? [/COLOR]--

It is a large gathering of "older" folks who have more in common than you would expect. There are those who are very formal and those who are very INFORMAL. We are in our mid 40s and found others our age. We also enjoyed the company of folks were older. Several couples, we met at previous functions (Yellowstone Rally and Unit Rallies).

You can skip all the activities if you wish. We pick the activities that look interesting or fun. DON'T MISS THE VINTAGE AIRSTREAM CLUB OPEN HOUSE! You won't be the youngest or only younger folks. Generally - look for outdoor afternoon gatherings and you'll find younger folks.

[COLOR="rgb(105, 105, 105)"]3) What kind of activities are we talking about? (Bingo?)[/COLOR]

There are many seminars. I already mentioned the Open House. There is a parade of Vintage Airstreams and an Indoor Parade on July 4th. A swap shop is great fun offers more than you can imagine. There are also long periods of nothing interesting...unless you want to see the sites in Bozeman and the are.

[COLOR="rgb(105, 105, 105)"]4) How are the days structured? if at all? what about foods and dinners? Do we have to pack up for enough food for a week? or will there be some kind of communal meals etc...do we have to pay for them?
[/COLOR]

Don't expect much here. DO plan a potluck with friends (those you meet at the rally). Do attend a Region or Unit function. They can help you meet folks. Bring Food. Plan to shop for more food there.

[COLOR="rgb(105, 105, 105)"]5) Apart from being airstream enthusiasts, why should we attend?[/COLOR]

Another reason? I've mentioned several.

[COLOR="rgb(105, 105, 105)"]6) This gathering lasts a whole week... it seems long and expensive, did you feel like you got your money's worth? What was the best/worst part of your last rally? -Were you ready to kill someone by the time the rally was over?[/COLOR]

I definitely got my money's worth last year. Best part - meeting other Airstreamers, making new friends and seeing other trailers. We met a couple from our home unit and are traveling out with them this year.
Worst part last year....HEAT. Perry was around 100 most days.

[COLOR="rgb(105, 105, 105)"]7) How many of you will be going there for the first time? and why?[/COLOR]

Answered above.

[COLOR="rgb(105, 105, 105)"]8) Will younger (20's and 30's) people have sort of their own gatherings? i.e. non bingo?[/COLOR]

Absolutely...may need to count 40s in that question. Start by visiting with folks from the Airforums, VAC, 4CU and WDCU. They tend to be younger than average.

[COLOR="rgb(105, 105, 105)"]We full time, and one full week is a long commitment...and are really interrested in going. "[/COLOR]

I'm jealous that you can full time already. I'm waiting to get 2 teens through College...ouch!

We find the WBCCI folks to be very young for their age. Especially those who Caravan. Hope you enjoy and hope to meet you in Bozeman.

Matt and Beth
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:09 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Ouch! Last time I try using Safari to post a reply!
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:15 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Bozeman ... convincing needed ...

Greetings Nuvi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
Hi, Kevin,

I believe we will be caravaning together to Bozeman so we should have time to talk on the trip. I don't want to miss your presentation on the history of Argosy and the one on Physics of Towing.

Neither one is mentioned on the last agenda (dated 5/23) that I downloaded from the WBCCI web site. Can you tell me when they are scheduled? And how did you find out?!

See you down the road (soon!),
Nuvi
Yes, I will be on the Yellowstone Traill Caravan -- my schedule changed and I will be meeting the Caravan at the first overnight stop in Minnesota.

I don't know the exact day or time of my Argosy presentation at this time. If my memory is correct, the programs are typically finalized the second week in June and printed early the next week. If this is correct, we will know the scheduled times for the three VAC presentations until next week. I haven't don't have any news on what the other two VAC presentations will be this year.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:35 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
North Central Texas , USA
I have been to all the International WBCCI rallies possible since I/we joined (1st year excepted). We can't make it this year for personal reasons, but there is nothing, I mean NOTHING like the WBCCI International rally. Did I say there is nothing like a WBCCI International Rally?????????????????????

There is NOTHING (for better or worse, in sickness and in health) like a WBCCI International Rally.
RivetED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:45 PM   #18
_

. , .
Quote:
...give us more information and answer the following questions...
here's 1 version from 2 years past...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f289...gon-23910.html

that's the story and i'm stickin' to it!

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:44 PM   #19
TAC-TN3

2005 31' Classic
near nashville , Tennessee
hi 'gypsy' nice to hear from you. we are 1 yr olds to wbbci and went to the perry last year. we are in our 60's(late) and had fun meeting people. we were shocked that there were no meals provided and i had to cook, but there was a wally world in town that we frequented. in fact the mgr of wally world thanked us for using the store and having so many friendly people.
we only went to a few3 evening programs as we thought the programs were for 'older ' people.ggggg the program about caravanning is not to be missed. we wished there would be more programs on upkeep of tt. i see that they added some this year.
most people at the intl rally are there to have fun. we are bringing our daughter and her husband this year as we think they might enjoy themselves.
have a safe trip and hope to meet you in God's country.
also get a bozeman survival shirt, it is great.
transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:53 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Whittier , California
Liz & Chris---A few things to keep in mind. This event is not a super sized camping trip in the woods. No fishing in the creek behind your trailer. No campfire, no roasted marsh mellows. This is more like the national annual meeting of a professional society. Frankly, it's not for everyone. About 15% of the WBCCI membership attends in any given year. The daily schedule of events have several themes going simultaneously. Similar to a national convention of a professional society. For example, the officers of the club will be having many meetings for themselves and the membership that wants to watch the proceedings, technical seminars on all aspects of camping, rallys and caravans will be running in parallel, vendors will be vending, airstream will have their product on display, suppliers to airstream will be providing 30 minute seminars on how to maintain the product, folks will be getting on buses and touring the surrounding area, folks will be meeting with friends old and new, units will be having a get together, some will be in the gym exercising, others get in their cars and go to town to look around. All these things will be going on in parallel. Do what you want or nothing at all. Leave when you want, no need to stay for a week unless you want to. Plenty of National Parks to visit nearby if you are bored.

The club has put a tremendous amount of effort into making this a great event within the context of the meeting. How much you will enjoy the rally really depends on you. Have a great time. I will.
bobkelly is offline   Reply With Quote