Old 06-10-2008, 07:09 PM   #15
Rivet Master
2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Ouch! Last time I try using Safari to post a reply!

mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:15 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Bozeman ... convincing needed ...

Greetings Nuvi!

Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
Hi, Kevin,

I believe we will be caravaning together to Bozeman so we should have time to talk on the trip. I don't want to miss your presentation on the history of Argosy and the one on Physics of Towing.

Neither one is mentioned on the last agenda (dated 5/23) that I downloaded from the WBCCI web site. Can you tell me when they are scheduled? And how did you find out?!

See you down the road (soon!),
Yes, I will be on the Yellowstone Traill Caravan -- my schedule changed and I will be meeting the Caravan at the first overnight stop in Minnesota.

I don't know the exact day or time of my Argosy presentation at this time. If my memory is correct, the programs are typically finalized the second week in June and printed early the next week. If this is correct, we will know the scheduled times for the three VAC presentations until next week. I haven't don't have any news on what the other two VAC presentations will be this year.

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC/Free Wheelers #6359
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400 VORTEC/4.11 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:35 PM   #17
Rivet Master
2005 25' Safari
North Central , Texas
I have been to all the International WBCCI rallies possible since I/we joined (1st year excepted). We can't make it this year for personal reasons, but there is nothing, I mean NOTHING like the WBCCI International rally. Did I say there is nothing like a WBCCI International Rally?????????????????????

There is NOTHING (for better or worse, in sickness and in health) like a WBCCI International Rally.
RivetED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:45 PM   #18
. , .
Originally Posted by gypsychris View Post
...give us more information and answer the following questions...
here's 1 version from 2 years past...

that's the story and i'm stickin' to it!

all of the true things that i am about to tell you are shameless lies. l.b.j.

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:44 PM   #19

2005 31' Classic
near nashville , Tennessee
hi 'gypsy' nice to hear from you. we are 1 yr olds to wbbci and went to the perry last year. we are in our 60's(late) and had fun meeting people. we were shocked that there were no meals provided and i had to cook, but there was a wally world in town that we frequented. in fact the mgr of wally world thanked us for using the store and having so many friendly people.
we only went to a few3 evening programs as we thought the programs were for 'older ' people.ggggg the program about caravanning is not to be missed. we wished there would be more programs on upkeep of tt. i see that they added some this year.
most people at the intl rally are there to have fun. we are bringing our daughter and her husband this year as we think they might enjoy themselves.
have a safe trip and hope to meet you in God's country.
also get a bozeman survival shirt, it is great.
transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:53 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member
2003 22' International CCD
Whittier, California , Depoe Bay, Oregon
Liz & Chris---A few things to keep in mind. This event is not a super sized camping trip in the woods. No fishing in the creek behind your trailer. No campfire, no roasted marsh mellows. This is more like the national annual meeting of a professional society. Frankly, it's not for everyone. About 15% of the WBCCI membership attends in any given year. The daily schedule of events have several themes going simultaneously. Similar to a national convention of a professional society. For example, the officers of the club will be having many meetings for themselves and the membership that wants to watch the proceedings, technical seminars on all aspects of camping, rallys and caravans will be running in parallel, vendors will be vending, airstream will have their product on display, suppliers to airstream will be providing 30 minute seminars on how to maintain the product, folks will be getting on buses and touring the surrounding area, folks will be meeting with friends old and new, units will be having a get together, some will be in the gym exercising, others get in their cars and go to town to look around. All these things will be going on in parallel. Do what you want or nothing at all. Leave when you want, no need to stay for a week unless you want to. Plenty of National Parks to visit nearby if you are bored.

The club has put a tremendous amount of effort into making this a great event within the context of the meeting. How much you will enjoy the rally really depends on you. Have a great time. I will.

2003 22ft CCD Int'l
2005 GMC Yukon Denali
WBCCI #2960
bobkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:51 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member
Fairbanks , Alaska
We arrived yesterday, and are 'camped' in the purple zone.... will let you know what we think etc... anyone want to meet, we are easy to find... 345 LE motorhome, with Yellow Bug in tow....see ya there!!

Liz and Chris -- Follow our Full Time Adventures on

Visit my new Airstream renovation blog here:

gypsychris is offline   Reply With Quote